Grrr! Need to vent...

Guest M***ell***A

I don't know if this is the right section or if I'm breaking any rules with this little rant but I am so angry I'm actually shaking a bit as I write this and I just need to get it out!

I have a friend that lives about an hour out of town and does not have access to a computer so he has asked me for a reccomendation on who he can see for a massage. I have sent him to a couple places and he has been very happy. He is the adventurous type and wanted something new so I reccomended someone I kinda know and have heard pretty good things about. I will not say who, I don't think it is appropriate to do so.

So as I said my friend lives about an hour out of town so obviously a fair ammount of planning and time are needed for him to be able to see someone. He had made the appointment with the impression that he would be seeing the girl I reccomended. Was told he would be seeing the girl I reccomended. I had given him a basic description of the lady in question so he had an idea of what she looked like. When he arrived it was not her. When I had contacted her to ask if it would be ok to send along her information I mentioned that he did not use a computer, which was obviously a mistake because I guess she figured she could mess him around without any reprecussions. The lady he saw was not at all the same description. Not even close.

Now my buddy is a pretty cool easy going guy and after driving an hour to see her he wasn't inclined to leave without anything. To be fair he said the girl he saw wasn't unattractive and was very nice and he had a nice time anyway but that is not the point!

I'm furious that after going out of my way to send a friend of mine to see her that she would pull a switch on him! Furious! It angers me for so many reasons I don't think I even have enough room to post them all! lol

Anyway... That's my little rant. Hope I didn't break any rules in the no negatives thing...

Feel a little better now lol

Kisses!

Love Michelle

I'm pretty new here Michelle so please bear with me on this. I'm glad to hear that your friend was not overly put out by all this and that he was indeed in good hands eventually deception notwithstanding. I'm also glad to see that he does not hold you in anyway accountable. He is indeed a true friend and that is apparent. Suffice to say no further recommendations to this MA establishment will be forthcoming from you and it is their reputation that is tarnished from this behavior as it was a deception on their part. What goes around, comes around as they say. You are good people and your friend still thinks so. Enough said I guess.

1st - count to 10

2nd -followup with the masseuse and see what the problem was

3rd - post the results in the other board

4th - give your friend the best massage of his life to make up for it :mrgreen::twisted:

Old Klingon proverb:

Revenge is a dish best served cold.

i think there should be an area where bait and switch is pulled. it hurts the sp industry when they pull this. i will never go back to someone who pulls this. and there should be a bait and switch list. when they do it to there own people like you michelle it is even worse.

Guest M***ell***A
1st - count to 10

2nd -followup with the masseuse and see what the problem was

3rd - post the results in the other board

4th - give your friend the best massage of his life to make up for it :mrgreen::twisted:

Old Klingon proverb:

Revenge is a dish best served cold.

*takes a deep breath and counts to ten* lol

As angry as I am I will not publically bash someone. If anyone ever asks me in private... well that's a different story isn't it...

And I don't like posting on the other board. It's so negative and "school yard bully" like at times I prefer not to add to that negativity.

Oh and I of course sent her a short (but always polite) PM to say how unimpressed I am.

Guest i***k***

I definitely think it's sad that someone would take advantage of your friend after receiving a recommendation from one of the finest MA's in town. Hopefully it was some type of mix-up and not done intentionally, these things can happen. Maybe they will make amends by offering your friend a free session in hopes of recovering their tarnished reputation.

E.D. man I was going to pm you this link but you have that capability turned off.

This is the Ottawa B&S forum

http://www.cerb.ca/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=17

i think there should be an area where bait and switch is pulled. it hurts the sp industry when they pull this. i will never go back to someone who pulls this. and there should be a bait and switch list. when they do it to there own people like you michelle it is even worse.

I know you say this guy is a friend, and you were trying to be helpful -- and I've done it myself -- but frankly, these are grown-up boys. I think if they're mature enough to be using the services, they should be mature enough to find someone on their own. A lot of guys ask me who I'd recommend, and I tell them where they can find info to make their own selection and their own arrangements. Even if they don't have a computer (which is rare these days), they can still do things old-school.

I have found that it's just best to avoid the whole hand-holding and reporting-back-to-after thing.

Good luck!

..c..

It looks like you PM is working E.D. I will send you a test one now.

There is something to be said for professional courtesy. B&S anywhere is unacceptable, but a recommendation/reference and business from a colleague and then a B&S move like this from the provider demonstrates a total lack of ethics and disregard for the personal relationship between you - which I suspect was part of the reason for the recommendation.

The provider should be listed in the B&S section. Just because the client has a good nature about the situation does not make the experience acceptable.

That's a total bait and switch Michelle! I would be pissed as well, especially when you recommended them to your friend. I don't think you are out of line at all for venting.

I don't know if this is the right section or if I'm breaking any rules with this little rant but I am so angry I'm actually shaking a bit as I write this and I just need to get it out!

I have a friend that lives about an hour out of town and does not have access to a computer so he has asked me for a reccomendation on who he can see for a massage. I have sent him to a couple places and he has been very happy. He is the adventurous type and wanted something new so I reccomended someone I kinda know and have heard pretty good things about. I will not say who, I don't think it is appropriate to do so.

So as I said my friend lives about an hour out of town so obviously a fair ammount of planning and time are needed for him to be able to see someone. He had made the appointment with the impression that he would be seeing the girl I reccomended. Was told he would be seeing the girl I reccomended. I had given him a basic description of the lady in question so he had an idea of what she looked like. When he arrived it was not her. When I had contacted her to ask if it would be ok to send along her information I mentioned that he did not use a computer, which was obviously a mistake because I guess she figured she could mess him around without any reprecussions. The lady he saw was not at all the same description. Not even close.

Now my buddy is a pretty cool easy going guy and after driving an hour to see her he wasn't inclined to leave without anything. To be fair he said the girl he saw wasn't unattractive and was very nice and he had a nice time anyway but that is not the point!

I'm furious that after going out of my way to send a friend of mine to see her that she would pull a switch on him! Furious! It angers me for so many reasons I don't think I even have enough room to post them all! lol

Anyway... That's my little rant. Hope I didn't break any rules in the no negatives thing...

Feel a little better now lol

Kisses!

Love Michelle

i don't blame you ethier michelle i would need to do some venting to after that and she' suppose to be a friend....not

I absolutely abhor bait and switches and fake pics. IMO it just leads to embarrassment and potentially disappointment in most cases. While I am glad to hear your friend was not disappointed, it still sucks that people pull that kind of stuff.