Gentlemen--how about some advice?

Guest S****r

Hello Gentlemen,

As a newbie to this industry, I am curious to pick your brains to find out some things. What information do you look for in an ad when you want to meet someone new? How much is too much to reveal right up front, and how much do you like to leave to discovery? What kind of ads do you find irresistible? What kind of ads immediately turn you off? I want to give a glimpse of the type of person that I am in my ad, but I also would appreciate your advice on what to include and what to avoid.

Can anyone help me out? If you prefer to PM me, that would be fine, too. Or put it here for all of us girls to profit from!

Thanks so much! I appreciate you!

p.s. I am really enjoying my involvement in this community!

Personally, I find that you learn a lot about a lady's personality in a good ad. You get a sense of what the encounter would entail, whether the lady is laid-back or aggressive, kinky or vanilla, etc. It doesn't need to be laid out explicitly, in fact, I like when there is a healthy sense of surprise.

I often first learn of a lady through her ad, so it is often my first impression of her. If I am intrigued by the ad, I will usually look at her CERB profile, and website, if available, before contacting her through PM or her preferred method. I enjoy corresponding with a lady before meeting with her, and learning and anticipating more with each message.

Hope this helps!

Guest S****r

Thank you, hfxandy! But what is it that makes a "good ad?" And what is it that might "intrigue" you? How important is it to you that she have her own website?

What makes a "good ad" or may "intrigue" me is, to paraphrase the catch all phrase of this community is YMMV. Or in other words, what catches my attention may be different from someone else.

In the case of the ladies on CERB, I suggest that the ladies that know themselves and what they want, and don't want, and are best able to express that in their ads have the best chance of attracting the type of clientele they are looking for. In other words if you aren't into fetishes, don't imply that you are. If you like spontaneity or light hearted fun, let us know. We aren't here to judge, we are just looking to meet someone that will light a spark in our encounter. And the best way for that to happen is if both sides know what they want. Since as a hobbiest I'm on the side of the fence that gets to scan the ads and then make initial contact, you need to let me know a bit about you and what I might expect during our time together. If I sense we are a good match I will contact you. And then the ball is in your court whether you want to meet with me.

As for websites, they are a great tool for you if you want to be able to provide more information, photos, etc, than you wish to on CERB or to make yourself known to a wider market outside of CERB. If you do go the route of posting a website, once again I suggest that making the website reflect who you are and what you want or are comfortable with goes a long way in attracting the type of people you want to meet.

Good luck, keep safe and have fun!

• Like 1

I once had a client book solely because it read something along the lines of 'clean comfortable atmosphere' , I put friendly in there somewhere..he was sold!

Beware promoting discounts, don't discount yourself. Maybeline says it best 'Because you're worth it!'

When I went into this, for me, it was a combination of a few aspects that made me comfortable with my decision to see an SP

Ad:

- Was it descriptive and thought out. There are some ads that are a paragraph long, along the lines of "Available tonight, call me, Measurements". Then there are some that go beyond that, and give an insight of who that person is. I've only seen Peachy, and she talks about her "Good girl with a naughty side". She was accurate to the letter, and I appreciated that she put that there. I think finding what makes you...you and then putting that out there for potential clients to read

- Grammar/spelling. I treat this industry like I would any other. I work hard for my money, and if someone posts sumtin lyke ths, I'm not going to give them any money

- Rates: I like when it is there. I have a number in my mind that I'm not going to exceed, if I can't afford it, I'm not going to ask for a deal

- Website: Not a deal killer if there isn't one, but coming back to the second point, it just gives me an idea of how invested someone is to this business.

- Pictures: As a photographer, I really appreciate professional shots, but I know how much it costs. What I expect is a few pictures taken from a simple point and shoot, in a nice (doesn't need to be revealing) dress, or wearing a top and a pair jeans (I'm a sucker for girls in pair of jeans). Usually 1 or two in your ad would be more then enough. I don't like cell phone quality pictures (grainy, dark, etc)

Reviews: I really appreciate it when someone posts links to their reviews in their ad

Another thing I looked for, but I don't think it's a major requirement for other clients, is the participation on Cerb. I just find the ladies on this forum to be very enthusiastic about what they do, and do it happily.

• Like 4

Clearly, recommendations (CERB is a recommendation board) are of great importance. It's not so much the content of the recommendations as it is the fact that there are some - it tells me there were happy clients and they usually say in the recommendation that they will repeat and see this lady again.

Now for someone starting out, sure there won't be any recommendations and therefore I am less likely to "trust", doesn't mean she can't catch my interest but let there be no doubt, the ability with CERB to view every recommendation and every post a lady has ever made gives a potential client the ability to get a pretty clear picture in just a very few minutes. Not only of what her clients think about her but what she thinks about things on a number of topics and even some idea of her personality with blinding speed and efficiency. I imagine the reverse is also true, if the lady wants to learn about me doing her due-diligence she has equal power.

So if you are new and don't have a "history" here, it's IMHO well worth the time and effort to contribute and the recommendations and additional interest in your services as a result of that will come in the fullness of time.

• Like 2

First impressions are very important. A site with spelling mistakes, or an unflattering photo will certainly be noted and it may take a long time for someone to revisit the site. Be truthful in who you are and what you offer and hopefully you will find repeat visitors and clients. Good luck!

It's not really an easy question. You have to remember that this is a marketing tool, and as such an ad might be quite different depending on where you choose to advertise. There are two things you have to think about before you put pen to paper or finger to keyboard. What are you offering and who is your target client. The price you charge or the time periods you are offering will greatly affect the number of appointments and the type of client you attract.

But back to your question, the first thing that gets me to take a look at many of the ads is the catch phrase that appears in the index. The first thing you have to do is peak the readers interest to get him to click through to the ad. That's where you can start to use a little creativity.

You're best to be upfront about your rates, age (or age group), location (a general neighbourhood is enough), and any limitations you have. You'll save yourself a lot of pointless inquiries if you just post this stuff right in your ad.

I like ads that give me a sense of what personality the SP has. Try to avoid meaningless superlatives such as "the best", "elite", "high class". Use more qualitative words to describe yourself like "bubbly", "witty", "dominant"/"submissive" etc.

And as for photos, it's best to be honest. You don't need to show your face or reveal any part of your body that you don't want to, but I would advise you to at least include a couple clear well-lit photos. If all your photos have all these funky photoshop aftereffects on them, it just feels like your hiding something. It's fine to have some photos in your portfolio that are more artistic, but try to have a couple clear ones.

Well, to me, the recommendation of the members here carry a lot of weight, so try to include a link to a reco in the ad. If you dont have one up, ask one of your clients to put one up after a date.

I dont particularly look for words to describe the personality, but that's just because im not a big talker in general, and i would prefer to see what the SP is offering, even in YMMV.

don't photoshop your pics (if you have them), unless it is for privacy reasons. No thug b.s in the ad ("dat gurl wit da skillz" etc).

don't photoshop your pics (if you have them), unless it is for privacy reasons. No thug b.s in the ad ("dat gurl wit da skillz" etc).

That made me laugh, I'm sure those ads are out there but can't say I've run into any.

A website should have the basics, age (at least age range), don't call yourself 22 if your 30th birthday is a month away LOL, be honest about body type (while I'm not a fan of all the acronyms, but for example don't call yourself a spinner if you are bordering on a bbw) In short the client you want is the client who wants you, and the only way he'll know if he wants you is if your honest about who you are

Photos are good, but as has been mentioned, don't photoshop or copy someone else's photos. It is understandable that some ladies don't show their face, or cover tattoos/piercings for privacy. Just say, if that is the case, you have tattoos/piercings

In terms of writing, don't plagiarise some other lady's writings...quick way to make enemies not just of other ladies, but the guys won't trust you either

And frankly in a website, unless it's regularly updated, it's really hard to get a feel of the lady's personality...a website can be scripted

I now look more for ladies who participate on CERB, that gives me a real feel for what they are like as a person...went off CERB a couple times, made me wish I hadn't...lesson learned

Some ramblings

RG

• Like 1