Recommendation PMs

Hey all,

I've just bee PM'd by someone registered with a new account and no post history asking me for a private INDY MA rec.

As much as I'd like to help a hobbiest out, please keep in mind that for the safety of the Indies out there (see this recent thread http://www.cerb.ca/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=90885 ) people need to show some good faith and participate in the forums before info like that can be shared.

Happy hobbying...

• Like 3

It is hard as a newb to get a bit more information but one has to prove themselves to be worthy to receive such information. You have to build a trust level to receive.

Some advise, post of encounters, recos are a great way to earn trust by members as it shows you are partaking in this lifestyle for real. These can be verified by curious members through PMs to/from providers and you gain allies by sharing your experiences.

• Like 1

If he saw you posted something nice about the lady already, that should be enough, I think before he's got some rep to be asking for more information.

Hey all, I've just bee PM'd by someone registered with a new account and no post history asking me for a private INDY MA rec.

As much as I'd like to help a hobbiest out, please keep in mind that for the safety of the Indies out there (see this recent thread http://www.cerb.ca/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=90885 ) people need to show some good faith and participate in the forums before info like that can be shared. Happy hobbying...

So this isn't about a specific lady you wrote a recommendation on asking for any additional or specific info you are comfortable sharing? If it is, I share only what I am comfortable with and if you didn't recommend someone publicly then PM back and tell him to do his own research and due diligence :)

I feel comfortable recommending any lady I know if someone tells me the specifics of what they are looking for, but leave it up to the ladies screening procedures to ensure he is a good client as he could just pick her at random and ask to see her anyways. The difficulty is then when he says you recommended her and tries to draw some relationship to you who she trusts, so a preemptive email warning of no association or knowledge of him is also in order.

Or no response at all... the choice is yours. If I know a lady I have no problem promoting her when asked and she seems a good fit, sending her business but I sure don't want to be used or mentioned in anyway when doing this.

Sometimes I come across a post or something that infers a relationship in doing my research, so I PM the guy and say do you know this lady, what say you? If he writes back and says, "Yes, she's a sweetheart" that's all I wanted to know. Yup clients check references too in the absence of other information like recommendations or recent recommendations.

In any event, never give out insider (non public) information, it's not our business or place to do so.

Guest s**nflute
Hey all,

I've just bee PM'd by someone registered with a new account and no post history asking me for a private INDY MA rec.

As much as I'd like to help a hobbiest out, please keep in mind that for the safety of the Indies out there (see this recent thread http://www.cerb.ca/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=90885 ) people need to show some good faith and participate in the forums before info like that can be shared.

Happy hobbying...

GOOD call my friend, it's one of my pet peeves. Myself when I wa a newbie I kept my ears to the ground and my eyes on searches or feedback from other memebers. As previously stated in another post, newbies may have a difficulty obtaining info but until they have contributed to the forum posted a few solid recos and get to establish a solid reputation, other members will like myself will be happy to respond.

Until then .........

I am fairly new here, and have enjoyed several recs and posts from a few fellows (Poolsasaurus' included) that I think I could relate to .

Without knowing the actual text to determine if there was a "creepiness" factor, it may have been harsh to suggest that anyone asking advice, just because they're new, could be a "stalker" or other such villain.

I have corresponded with one fellow, and asked him if I could ask him stuff by PM, and he said sure, but I assume he only shares what he is comfortable with...all good...more than fair..and I have absolutely no other agenda other than to get the benefit of some of his experience.

I think Backrubman has a very sensible approach to the issue.

You have to make your own call, I guess, but I would like to think that by and large the folks here are all decent, caring and repectful....if he wasn't, well that's another matter.

Additional Comments:

I am fairly new here, and have enjoyed several recs and posts from a few fellows (Poolsasaurus' included) that I think I could relate to .

Without knowing the actual text to determine if there was a "creepiness" factor, it may have been harsh to suggest that anyone asking advice, just because they're new, could be a "stalker" or other such villain.

I have corresponded with one fellow, and asked him if I could ask him stuff by PM, and he said sure, but I assume he only shares what he is comfortable with...all good...more than fair..and I have absolutely no other agenda other than to get the benefit of some of his experience.

I think Backrubman has a very sensible approach to the issue.

You have to make your own call, I guess, but I would like to think that by and large the folks here are all decent, caring and repectful....if he wasn't, well that's another matter.

• Like 2

I would echo what has already been said here, just share with him what you would say publicly, or if it really bothers you, just ignore him.

• Like 1

Yep. But there's a wealth of information out here already. Sometimes you can learn a lot, just by reading (as Yogi Berra didn't say).

If the lady someone's asking about has a reco thread already, or some other thread where they're discussed, you can always send them there. If not, you can always just lie and say you've never met them :)

And if something smells wrong, it's probably worth dropping the MA a PM to let her know.

Thanks for the opinions peeps.

I just found it strange that someone would pick ME out of the myriad of regular posters here to ask me if I know of any good, indy MPs in town. I don't post here much and would think my opinion would no be the first one to be sought after lol.

Guest s**nflute
Thanks for the opinions peeps.

I just found it strange that someone would pick ME out of the myriad of regular posters here to ask me if I know of any good, indy MPs in town. I don't post here much and would think my opinion would no be the first one to be sought after lol.

Maybe they were just fising. The person who sent you the PM sounds like a thread just recently posted by a over concerned poster, regarding a discret MA in a apartment building that would need to be buzzed in like a secret agent.........maybe it's not the same.