Reputation point system - faq

Should "Who left reputation" be anonymous or not?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Should "Who left reputation" be anonymous or not?

• No, I want to see who left me reputation.
    • Yes, Hide it

Just a friendly reminder that limiting the ability to make recommendations based on reputation might put non-Ottawa forums in a bind, since rep points are pretty scarce outside of Ottawa.

Also a VERY good point - Each cities posting rules for this could be different but that would get very complicated.

Personally I think that if a member wants to take the time and effort to write a recommendation that is for the mutual benefit of Cerb members and Providers (recommendation points) they should be rewarded for their efforts.

Then it could be up to the members to give additional points to the recommendation.

We do have some members that are very good at providing recommendations. Reward them.

It might also encourage more members to participate.

I enjoy reading them as well. Keep them coming.

Edited by whatsup
clarification

I do agree with the reward for posting recommendations that is the basis for getting a good rep!

But not a huge amount a few points at a time, the consistent contributors will get an accumulation through various means of reputation. Just as when a post is nominated it adds one point, not big in itself but they accumulate!

I think that new posters should be add to add a recommendation or add to one, we can smell out the shill posts pretty fast.

Personally I think that if a member wants to take the time and effort to write a recommendation that is for the mutual benefit of Cerb members and Providers (recommendation points) they should be rewarded for their efforts.

Then it could be up to the members to give additional points to the recommendation.

We do have some members that are very good at providing recommendations. Reward them.

It might also encourage more members to participate.

I enjoy reading them as well. Keep them coming.

I agree, this is why we added the "Add to members Reputation" link under the recommendation now (This is new) this way if you found the recommendation helpful you can show your appreciation.

But, I do not think the reputation points should be awarded for just the post (and also the site can not automatically add rep points for a post in a specific area so that would probably be a hard one to customize)

I agree, this is why we added the "Add to members Reputation" link under the recommendation now (This is new) this way if you found the recommendation helpful you can show your appreciation.

But, I do not think the reputation points should be awarded for just the post (and also the site can not automatically add rep points for a post in a specific area so that would probably be a hard one to customize)

Works for me!

Personally, I was never distributing recommendation's over my years here at CERB to build my reputation. But was giving something back to the community here- (in other words lads she well worth the visit spend your fine hard cash cause she is a beaut).

This board is not about me..it is about everyone out there to share ideas, share information, hell that is how you get started, in most circumstance's same with newbie SP here on CERB.

I don't want the rep points for a recommendation, I sooner give the points to the ladies I visit:boobies: may it be a SP or MP.

I'm just wondering how this reputation thing works? Is it tied to posts? or something else? Anyway I was just wondering because I noticed some people who just started posting and have like a few bars while I only have one? I'm confused! Hmmmm maybe my post just suck or something!:-P

Guest i***k***

Other people give you reputation if they like what you say in a specific post. They can give it to you by way of the scales at the top of each post or they can nominate your post which gives you a small amount as well.

I'm just wondering how this reputation thing works? Is it tied to posts? or something else? Anyway I was just wondering because I noticed some people who just started posting and have like a few bars while I only have one? I'm confused! Hmmmm maybe my post just suck or something!:-P

Narman,

The mechanics of the Cerb reputation system is discussed in great detail here!

http://cerb.ca/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=8694

Thanks kih, you beat me to it. I moved the question and thread over.