Things I should see/do in Ottawa this summer...

What are your favourite activities and sights in Ottawa? I've lived here for 5 years but there is still so much I haven't explored.

I've been to all of the museums and art galleries, but I wanted to start this thread to make suggestions for fun things to do in Ottawa that people don't think of sometimes.

Here are some things I like to do in Ottawa

• bouldering at Vertical Horizon
  • going to the Arboretum for dog walks
  • biking in Gatineau
  • swimming at various community centres
  • Fringe festival (starts today)
  • Verse festival (it's this winter but still very fun!)

Buskers festival On Sparks street canada day weekend i think

Take a real Tourist tour around Ottawa

Posted via Mobile Device

Watching a live Parliamentary Subcommittee on the potential benefits and detriments of increasing the corporate tax rate in person on Parliament Hill...so much better and riveting that watching it on CPAC!!

Great thread. The Nordik spa is near Ottawa. If you go, go on a Sunday. I always like going to places when they are quiet.

http://www.lenordik.com/en/homepage/

I love the Gatineau parks.

I have often wondered about other attractions near or in Ottawa. I always like doing new things.

Calypso water park about half hour towards Mtl On the 417

Bungee.ca is near Wakefield about 30 mInutes north of ottawa has zip lines and bungee

Posted via Mobile Device

Great thread. The Nordik spa is near Ottawa.

Wakefield about 30 mInutes north of ottawa has zip lines and bungee

Posted via Mobile Device

I love the Nordik Spa and Wakefield. Both really great places. Any other suggestions? I'm looking to explore places I haven't been yet (maybe I've been everywhere, I don't know!)

- Hiking around the Pink Lake in Gatineau

- Rollerblade along the Canal

- Rollerblade or bike on the River Parkway on Sunday mornings (closed for the traffic)

are some of the things I love to do that came to mind.

Guest *ig*a**

Try to see all the ethnic festivals like Greek Fest and the Lebanese Festival. You learn all about the cultures and the food is amazing.

Posted via Mobile Device

Try to see all the ethnic festivals like Greek Fest and the Lebanese Festival. You learn all about the cultures and the food is amazing.

Posted via Mobile Device

Ever since entering this business, I can't hear abotu something called 'Greek Fest' and not picture something very, very different than what actually goes on there :P

I would also recommend camp fortune, I went ziplining there last year, they have a huge course in the woods it's incredible

Guest *ig*a**
Ever since entering this business, I can't hear abotu something called 'Greek Fest' and not picture something very, very different than what actually goes on there :P

I would also recommend camp fortune, I went ziplining there last year, they have a huge course in the woods it's incredible

I never thought about it like that, sure would put a different twist on it lol.

Posted via Mobile Device

The greenbelt, unlimited walks to explore in the greenbelt. A lot of the time I'll take along a GPS and do some Geocaching. It's a great hobby because you get to see what the locals find interesting.

• Like 1

If you like BBQ, especially chicken and ribs, than you should check out the International Chicken & Rib cook-off at the sparks street mall June 20-24. They have ribbers from Canada and the U.S. come in to compete for the best ribs, chicken, and sauce. If you like chicken and ribs but have never been to a ribfest it is definitely a must. I've tried ribs in a lot of different restaurants and very very few come close to these guys ribs. Pulled pork is also really good. And even if you don't go for the food sparks street mall in the summer is pretty nice.

On a side note Brockville has a ribfest each summer in august, for big brothers and sisters, and most of the same guys that go to sparks street come here. So you have two, well actually three cause there is a ribfest in Kemptville this weekend.

I guess I should probably admit here that I'm a rib-aholic, lol. When there done right ribs really are hard to beat :)

• Like 2

There is also bluesfest in July as well as exploring the area south of Ottawa. Driving along the rideau canal system towards Merrickville is really incredible. Even better in a boat.

Having lived in Ottawa the only thing, or place I would still go to see if it was still there, Nate's Deli, but alas it is gone

But I have, and will continue to go to Ottawa, keeping in mind a 3 1/2 to 4 hour drive to see are

Meg For Fun

Angela Of Ottawa

Mia Bella

Isabella Gia

Alexandra Sky

And with anticipation I will be going to Ottawa to meet some ladies I haven't yet met

My beautiful wife Gabriella

Cleo Catra

Cat

And hopefully if they come to Ottawa...please please please

Emma Alexandra

Melissa Missy Mariposa

Amelia Middleton

Victoria Jolie

That's who I come, or would come to Ottawa to see. May not be the OP's intent of this thread, but that's my answer

RG :-)

Having lived in Ottawa the only thing, or place I would still go to see if it was still there, Nate's Deli, but alas it is gone

But I have, and will continue to go to Ottawa, keeping in mind a 3 1/2 to 4 hour drive to see are

Meg For Fun

Angela Of Ottawa

Mia Bella

Isabella Gia

Alexandra Sky

And with anticipation I will be going to Ottawa to meet some ladies I haven't yet met

My beautiful wife Gabriella

Cleo Catra

Cat

And hopefully if they come to Ottawa...please please please

Emma Alexandra

Melissa Missy Mariposa

Amelia Middleton

Victoria Jolie

That's who I come, or would come to Ottawa to see. May not be the OP's intent of this thread, but that's my answer

RG :-)

And here I was, about to suggest the bloody Art Gallery !!!! :confused0024:

Additional Comments:

@RG ..... Yup!!!

• Like 1

hey

i would suggest the musiums there are five or six right downtown.

be downtown on july 1 from dawn till dusk. canada is fantastic

go

The Native Pow-Wow at the Ottawa-Nepean Tent & Trailer Park is always good, with interesting food, but I think you might have missed it for this year, usually the end of May.

The beach at Constance Bay is really nice for walking and swimming and there are a couple of places to eat (The Point and one I can't remember)

Burnstown (just past Arnprior) has a number of galleries and gift shops, along with a couple fof places to eat. Neat Cafe has wood-fired pizzas and really good concerts some evenings (http://www.neatfood.ca)

Guest *ig*a**
And here I was, about to suggest the bloody Art Gallery !!!! :confused0024:

Additional Comments:

@RG ..... Yup!!!

Actually Nates Deli has re-opened on Merivale rd in the spot where Cora's used to be.

Posted via Mobile Device

hey

i would suggest the musiums there are five or six right downtown.

be downtown on july 1 from dawn till dusk. canada is fantastic

go

Had to read this twice.........I thought it said Muslims........not museums......

In Gatineau Park, go for a great hike on the King Mountain Trail.

For years I took my kids up to the top of King Mountain to watch the sunrise on Thanksgiving. Memorable times.

-Blues Festival

-Jazz Festival

-Each Sunday the Ottawa River Parkway is closed to Pedestrians, skaters and bikers you have miles of open road along the river.

-Rent a pontoon boat with me and head out on the Ottawa for 4 hrs

-Canada Day

-Rib Fest Spark Street Mall

-Haunted Ghost walk

-Wakefield Train tour

-Rent a cottage in the Gatineau's or Ottawa Carleton area

-White Water Rafting ( 2.5 hr travel)

-Outdoor theatre

lots more to do

have fun