indulge me please...

I had a very lengthy rant typed in here but instead of that, I thought better of it and decided to wish everyone a happy day today instead ;)

Happy day all :)

Sometimes you just have to vent! As long as that's done in the right spot it's probably a good thing. That being said, I hope you have a wonderful day too and thanks for the good wishes :)

Satin

Guest ****ven

Somedays its just best to keep things to ourselves! Heehee

Have a lovely day

I had a very lengthy rant typed in here but instead of that, I thought better of it and decided to wish everyone a happy day today instead ;) Happy day all :)

Well a very happy day to you to! Even though you didn't post it (or leave it posted) probably helped a lot to type it up! A little rant or venting is necessary from time to time, otherwise we just hold it inside and then when you do finally let it out, holy smokes, the carnage! :)

So here is hoping you feel better now.

But you have struck the curosity cord/nerve of what would of been the rant?

But yes sometimes it is best to take a step back as some do get offended rather easily, even when a smiley face is included.

O, I guess you could say I've had some not so good luck with the hobbying of late. Dissapointed, annoyed, put off, peeved, miffed, irked etc is how I feel about things.

The long and short of it is, the last 2 times I have travelled 2 hours into the city for "appointments" I've been stood up , shall we say, with nothing more than a "I'm sorry, I feel bad" along with the excuses. It be half bad if I were to hear, "please give me the chance to make it up to you with some special treatment", but nope, nada, no chance :(

Have to remember, something good always comes out of every bad situation ;) Money to spend on other things is the way I'm trying to look at it ;)

Guest W***ledi*Time

Yup, it's the one truly persistent downside that I have personally found in this pastime. That "moment of truth" just on the cusp of heaven ... when the dreaded black hole yawns wide and a day's carefully arranged fun vanishes.

I live 1.5 hours from the city. My go-to Plan B when I'm left out in the cold is usually to hit the book stores.

In practice, I subscribe to the Pareto Principle -- 80% of the problems are created by 20% of the sample. So I do remember exactly who has constituted my personal 20% (and their explanations, if any). I judge my subsequent choices accordingly (sometimes not without a certain lingering regret).

CERBites are certainly cool!!! Being stood-up in any situation is PAINFUL!!! See Charlie Chaplin ("The Gold Rush" IIRC). It can be very hard to restraint oneself from going ballistic... Good for you.

I think we all can sympathize with you. The ladies often put up with no shows or last minute cancellations, and that sucks for them. As a client, it certainly sucks when your carefully laid plans are burned by a provider.

I don't quite understand when all I get is either nothing or "I'm really sorry!". Getting nothing at all is is not good business. Neither is an empty apology. I need a bit more to help me believe it's sincere. I don't need specifics, but a reasonable explanation would be nice. Something like:

- there was a scheduling snafu but I've spoken to the lady who double booked me to make sure it doesn't happen again

- I was delayed by traffic

- I had a personal emergency

- etc.

When I'm going to be late for an appointment, I call to let them know. When I show up on time and have to wait 15 or 20 minutes, it kills the mood. Leaving me naked on a massage table for 30 minutes is really annoying!

I have a hard time believing an apology is sincere when there's no explanation with it and no indication that measures have been taken to prevent it happening again.

An offer of compensation, no matter how small, is not essential but is certainly an appreciated gesture. Agencies take note: when you screw up your scheduling, tell us you're looking into how to make it better (and mean it) and offer a 10% discount or something. Having the attendant of the day say something like "well, whaddya a want me to do about it?" isn't conducive to me coming back again. Provide an email address for feedback, and train everyone to know how to handle customer complaints. You're running a business. Act like one.

Sorry ... Now I'm venting and hijacking your thread. But, my point is that cancellations are forgivable when the appropriate steps are taken to either notify before, or explain after. No shows are never forgivable -- unless one of you died en route!

• Like 2

O, I guess you could say I've had some not so good luck with the hobbying of late. Dissapointed, annoyed, put off, peeved, miffed, irked etc is how I feel about things.

The long and short of it is, the last 2 times I have travelled 2 hours into the city for "appointments" I've been stood up , shall we say, with nothing more than a "I'm sorry, I feel bad" along with the excuses. It be half bad if I were to hear, "please give me the chance to make it up to you with some special treatment", but nope, nada, no chance :(

Have to remember, something good always comes out of every bad situation ;) Money to spend on other things is the way I'm trying to look at it ;)

Grr. When that happens it does put a damper on your spirits but your right something good comes of all bad situations so keep a smile on and perhaps your next date will blow you away ;)

Guest t**i***n

I've had cancellations work both ways, once or twice where I was stood up and once where I had to cancel due to a cold/flu I didn't want to communicate. So long as there is enough notice, no one should be upset, life happens to us all. The no-show or failure to communicate is the toughest and most likely to set off a rant for me.

In my experience, the more professional (older (>25), established (website/CERB Join date), discriminating (higher donations), organized (travelling)) the companion the better the communication and the better the results. I'm fortunate to be in the city and have flexible schedules but I too have laid out for a hotel only to hit the clubs.

Thanks to all the great companions that make up that 80% in the Pareto Principle, my life experience has been enriched by your sacrifice :)

The few (fortunately very few) times I've had a bad encounter, it isn't so much for me the money. It's the loss of an encounter, an escape. I have to plan way ahead, book a hotel, travel anywhere from 2 1/2 to 3 1/2-4 hours for the escape. Schedule so I don't get voluntold by the family they have something planned (yup, even single, have family who call me away) I get one, maybe two free weekends a month.

When it's a bad encounter, all that I think of is it's another month before I can see a lady again. This lady robbed me of a encounter (one case stole my money too :-( )

But my glass is much more than half full, and I'm glad my bad encounters have been few and far between

RG

Life gets in the way sometimes. Cancellations don't really bother me as long as it is done respectfully and professionally. One of my favourite SP's on here has not made an appointment on a few occasions but I know she has family obligations, a good distance to travel and she always tries her best to reschedule. That doesn't put me off one bit. But there are those very rare occasions you just feel jerked around... one time I drove an hour to meet someone new only to find I had been given the wrong hotel number and she wasn't answering her phone. When I got home she apologized and asked me to come back, so she gave me another room number, this one on the ninth floor... of an eight floor hotel. Grrrrr...

From the other point of view, I've always found SP's to be very gracious when I have had to cancel. Gentlemen, if you have to cancel on an SP do take the time to contact them and if at all possible do it immediately. Given notice she might still have time to book someone else in that slot. Otherwise she is losing money she could have earned elsewhere. She might just need that time slot to pay her bills for the month, make a rent payment, support her kids, etc.

To be clear, I have to issues with cancellations/postponements when they occur with due regard. The issue and subsequent "rant" was not due to not receiving any notice until after the encounter was scheduled to occur :(

In my experience, the more professional (older (>25), established (website/CERB Join date), discriminating (higher donations), organized (travelling)) the companion the better the communication and the better the results.

After some thought and reflection, my thoughts led me to this same conclusion. It's too bad that in a lot of cases if you desire the 20 year body you have to accept the 20 year old maturedness with it.

Now before folks go get their matches and lighters to flame me for that last comment... I'm not saying that all 20 year olds are not mature, I do not paint everyone with the same brush. What my jist here is, when you go with the 20 year olds the odds are increased that the maturity level will not be there. And yes, there are many cases where with age, maturity does not follow;)

I'm not saying that all 20 year olds are not mature, I do not paint everyone with the same brush. What my jist here is, when you go with the 20 year olds the odds are increased that the maturity level will not be there. And yes, there are many cases where with age, maturity does not follow;)

Sorry to disappoint everyone but I have to agree with you completely. A 20 year old, unless she has illegal (before 18 experience) then she can't possibly have more than 2 years experience.

Now, that said, my favourite SP of all time has often told me, if I am late or otherwise not exactly where I said I would be when I said would be there, call the police! -- As something is very wrong.

I do value this reliability beyond all else!

To be clear, I have to issues with cancellations/postponements when they occur with due regard. The issue and subsequent "rant" was not due to not receiving any notice until after the encounter was scheduled to occur :(

After some thought and reflection, my thoughts led me to this same conclusion. It's too bad that in a lot of cases if you desire the 20 year body you have to accept the 20 year old maturedness with it.

Now before folks go get their matches and lighters to flame me for that last comment... I'm not saying that all 20 year olds are not mature, I do not paint everyone with the same brush. What my jist here is, when you go with the 20 year olds the odds are increased that the maturity level will not be there. And yes, there are many cases where with age, maturity does not follow;)

There is something to be said for experience yes.

Of course there are exceptions, but I think you may have the idea here. One thing at that age, they can't have been working independently for long, I imagine. Running this as a business professional is often learned by trial and error, and someone who starts off at an older age may have a better idea.

I think, tho, that you could easily jump from considering only someone 20 and move to seeing someone 23 and up and that youthfulness is not going to be lost.

The other thing is to find a plan B, not in setting up a 2nd appt in case the first one fails. More like finding out is there anyone else you can call if you get a no show that is available on short notice or appears to be agreeable to short notice appts. You won't have a lot of time to move to plan B, so you check shedules and contact methods about a handlful of 'alternatives'.

If you rent a hotel room then most definitely you would want to consider this.

I'm not saying that the next time it will be Strike 3, because it might all work out.

For myself, I want everyone who sets up a time in advance to call to confirm when they are actually ready to head out. For you that would be a phone call 2 hours ahead of time. If you don't reach me, or I don't call you back within a half hour, you would assume from our prior conversations something came up and I am no longer available. For me, if I can't call back within that short time, I am most likely not here. something came up to take me away (usually my other work) (I don't do prebooked appts, so for me nothing is set up until the confirming call).

Now if you have a plan B, then you may still be on your way but you would have called 3 other sps in my area with similar style to see if they will be around. YOu may even decide to call me again when closer, and this time reach me. In any case, you will have pre planned 4 options that you find agreeable, one will come thru I believe.