Wise to accept lower rate?

I'm not totally new to hobbying but I have a question for some of you guys, and women as well.

If an SP tells me "how many roses" and I find it to be more than expected and more than the going rate, do you think it's wise to accept if she suddenly lowers her rate to keep the session? I don't know, it's just it makes me a little wary.

I'm not totally new to hobbying but I have a question for some of you guys, and women as well.

If an SP tells me "how many roses" and I find it to be more than expected and more than the going rate, do you think it's wise to accept if she suddenly lowers her rate to keep the session? I don't know, it's just it makes me a little wary.

Well there is not a lot of information in your question (nor should there be) but if it is it someone you have seen before and a lengthier appointment I don't see anything wrong with it. If it is tantamount to negotiating a better rate then there is something wrong with that as (oh I just hate to put it in these terms) but I always pay the "rack" rate and don't negotiate under any circumstances aside from asking for clarity.

Sometimes I am looking to book 6 or 8 hours and this often puts me in the uncomfortable position of when inquiring of insisting on a firm quote (but better than the discomfort of a misunderstanding). If an SP that normally charges an hourly rate quotes me that hourly rate X 8 for 8 hours, well, I usually say thanks but no thanks. With a 8 hour appointment, 6 or 7 of it is going to be "social" time and I'm probably going to spend a couple of hundred dollars on a nice meal (for both of us and or some other event) so I find the rate I get quoted for such an appointment varies and yes, I have had to say "thanks but no thanks" (before it became a firm appointment) because I though it was unreasonable and then accepted a counter offer (but never ask for one): I have to assume because she figured out her "simple" math made it way beyond fair value and rethought it.

As uncomfortable as it makes me (probably the most uncomfortable part of making an appointment), I only make one after a firm quote and don't argue or negotiate but if the quote is "over the top", way beyond fair then it is.

I find ladies I have already met tend to be more reasonable about lengthy appointments as they do understand I'm pretty easy on the head and we just going to have a lot of fun.

So to make it clear, a gentleman always pays what the lady requests and as a repeat client that is known to be zero risk (and will make more appointments in the future) I do often get preferred rates and see nothing wrong with that.

If the lady doesn't know me and the published rate drops too much, yeah, I wonder why.

Had to be said :) Hope that helps.

• Like 1

Thanks. Wanted to keep the question on point. I wouldn't know the published rate, as in these cases there is no published rate. Would never call an SP to negotiate the rate.

If the lady doesn't know me and the published rate drops too much, yeah, I wonder why.

First of all there is no such thing as the 'going rate'.

If she has a certain rate and you find it too high, then decline. If she senses you're not comfortable and offers a lower rate, then you can't have it both ways: ie. not want to pay that rate but then be wary because she might sense that and then offer a lower rate.

If that's the case, then seek out a gal who already offers a lower rate.

Because obviously you've made it clear you don't want to pay higher.

I find your question confusing. Seems like you're putting it back on the girl when in reality it is you who probably would like to suggest the lower rate perhaps, but because she does, suddenly you're wary? Sorry I don't get it.

If I've offended anyone, I apologize, but I don't get what the OP is getting at.

• Like 3

i always check before seeing anyone what their rate is. i just pm them and 90% of the time they get back to me with their rate. some are with in what i can afford and others are out of my league. that way i know what i am going to pay and can afford and i pay what the lady is asking. we both end up happy. i dont think it is a good way to start out when meeting a lady to haggle over the rate.

I get the impression that muffins is making what in sales terms would be a cold call. If during their conversation she gets the sense that he's interested if she makes a better offer and does so, then so be it. At that point it's really up to him to make his own judgment call based on whether he's gets good vibes through their conversation.

First the lady's rate is the lady's rate. How she sets her rate is up to her and her alone

As for lowering her rate, my observation is the old adage, you get what you pay for

Don't know if that is an answer to your question or not

RG

I don't think it is wise to accept a lower rate as some shady things may be behind the girl lowering her rate. I think the girls should stick to their rates. We all have slow days, enjoy it, relax tomorrow may be crazy busy.

While we are on the rate subject I will add some thing that I think needs to be talked about. I don't want to hijack the thread but it is in the same area.

Some guys think it's okey to ask for lower rates. I think asking for a lower rate is rude. I also think that girls should stick to the rates they advertise. It places the thought in the clients heads that negotiations are okey and to me they are not(I can't speak for everyone else). We teach people how to treat us and it sets the mood for the whole sp, client relationship.

Doing a special is different as it is not an everyday thing. I would much rather see girls do this and be creative, than hear that they are being haggled down. Or that they are negotiating with clients.

Guest W***ledi*Time

It's a mug's game to try to guess why a provider might temporarily lower her rate. Maybe the rent's coming due, or there are unexpected auto repairs, or the dog needed an emergency trip to the vet, or there's a margin call on her stock portfolio, or any of a zillion other things you might imagine.

Might the service possibly suffer in "quality" if the provider (for whatever reason) is accepting a booking at less that her normal rate? It would certainly fit with human nature that her enthusiasm for putting in that extra bit of effort might be less likely to shine forth at a lower level of compensation. But, on the other hand, it's also human nature to take pride in one's professional standards no matter what. So I don't think that there's a cut and dried answer that would apply across the board.

It's a mug's game to try to guess why a provider might temporarily lower her rate. Maybe the rent's coming due, or there are unexpected auto repairs, or the dog needed an emergency trip to the vet, or there's a margin call on her stock portfolio, or any of a zillion other things you might imagine.

Might the service possibly suffer in "quality" if the provider (for whatever reason) is accepting a booking at less that her normal rate? It would certainly fit with human nature that her enthusiasm for putting in that extra bit of effort might be less likely to shine forth at a lower level of compensation. But, on the other hand, it's also human nature to take pride in one's professional standards no matter what. So I don't think that there's a cut and dried answer that would apply across the board.

Agreed. But I still stand by my answer from high in the clouds (I wonder how many CERB posts are made from up there?).

Reputable SPs won't negotiate and real gentleman even won't ever try to.

So when there is a sudden change there is a sudden change (for whatever reason and there must be a reason), is it not therefore reasonable to at least consider that it may be sinister in nature?

Reputable SPs won't negotiate

So when there is a sudden change there is a sudden change (for whatever reason and there must be a reason), is it not therefore reasonable to at least consider that it may be sinister in nature?

This is really not for us to judge. Let's give these girls a break already. Sinister? Every single cerb member here, women and men alike, have cut a deal at some point in their lives for the sake of a client. SPs have to pay the bills like everyone else. Let's not assume a sinister element. If a jewellery store owner or a sports store owner decides to cut a deal for an item, should we assume his motives are altruistic? Perhaps the jewellery store owner has a drinking problem.

It's really not for us to judge why someone is offering lower rates. If you feel comfortable taking a lower rate, go ahead. If not, hang up the phone. The onus is not on the SP to provide moral justification for her business practices. If you felt weird accepting a deal, that's on you. And it is not our place to judge why you accepted it in the first place. Your finances are none of our business. So are hers. If you have a problem with her business practice, why is HER reputation on the line?

xoxo

• Like 5

This is really not for us to judge. Let's give these girls a break already. Sinister? Every single cerb member here, women and men alike, have cut a deal at some point in their lives for the sake of a client. SPs have to pay the bills like everyone else. Let's not assume a sinister element. If a jewellery store owner or a sports store owner decides to cut a deal for an item, should we assume his motives are altruistic? Perhaps the jewellery store owner has a drinking problem.

I can't agree with you, Amelia. People do cut deals all the time, but there are always reasons behind it. As a customer, you should understand the reason for the deal or you run the risk of making a bad deal.

If someone undergoes a radical price drop in a short period of time, I think it's very reasonable to wonder why she's doing that. Specifically, I think he should wonder if the reason she dropped her rate (or her feelings about dropping her rate) is going to affect the quality of the session.

• Like 1

Guest W***ledi*Time

BRM, I'm answering the question as posed in the thread - no more, no less. The question wasn't about clients negotiating for lower rates. On that topic: I don't negotiate, and this has been clearly stated many times by me on threads that deal with that particular subject.

On the topic posed here:

When a lady chooses to lower her rates, I assume that the lady is doing so to try to increase her income. Whether her decision is wise or unwise, is not for me to say - and I've got better things to do than speculate about how she'll spend any additional income that might materialize through this or any other marketing or advertising strategy.

If I already have some real reason to believe that a lady suffers from some genuinely "sinister" influence, be it drugs or pimps or whatever else, I will choose not to be her client in the first place. This is utterly independent of what her rate is, or whether it is higher or lower than what her rate was at some prior time. If I have no prior reason to believe some "sinister" thing of a lady, then I'm not going to decide that a rate adjustment on her part is a sign of such a thing.

There's a very wide variety of things that folks spend their hard-earned income on - yes, some of them "sinister" no doubt. The world is not all sunshine and lollipops. But, in the absence of evidence, I don't assume the worst.

Oh wow, what you just said. And if her arms or between her toes are covered with needle tracks am I a jerk for politely telling her I have changed my mind, asking her to keep her fee and move on? Yes, it still happens and I am not trying to propagate a stereotype as it happens very rarely these days and after the last time this happened I spent the next hour in my room alone, crying and praying for her that she may find her way.

This is exactly how stereotypes are created and maintained. By people who assume, pass judgement and then claim to be devastated by it. The OP said NOTHING about needlemarks. Just because one girl who lower her rates reportedly has a drug problem doesn't mean all girls who lower their rates have a drug problem.

• Like 1

This is exactly how stereotypes are created and maintained. By people who assume, pass judgement and then claim to be devastated by it. The OP said NOTHING about needlemarks.

Ok so this has gotten way too far out of hand. When an SP acts strangely (erratic behavior, sudden lucrative offer, whatever) I have a right to at least consider all possibilities and then when people can't agree with that common sense approach and force me to site actual bad experiences where I didn't listen to my spidey senses I'm the bad guy.

So be it.

Feel free to judge and condemn me in anyway you like.

In fact I hope everyone has a piece of me and in so doing makes them self feel more superior (sincerely).

No more in flight WiFi for me today and I have another plane to catch.

To the original poster, I'd say, if someone starts off with a high rate and then drops it to make the sale, that's an indicator that you're dealing with someone who isn't very professional. If you go through with the session, be prepared for her to behave unprofessionally in other ways too. Reputable SPs never sell themselves one appointment at a time. We look to build relationships, generate repeat business. This is a strong reason why we won't drop our rate: who wants a regular who can't pay her posted rate? I'd worry that once a rate-dropping SP gets the cash in her hand, she won't have much motivation to deliver a quality experience. And she'll likely feel that's your fault for being a cheapskate and not paying her originally quoted price.

I couldn't agree with you more.

It's really not for us to judge why someone is offering lower rates. If you feel comfortable taking a lower rate, go ahead. If not, hang up the phone. The onus is not on the SP to provide moral justification for her business practices. If you felt weird accepting a deal, that's on you. And it is not our place to judge why you accepted it in the first place. Your finances are none of our business. So are hers. If you have a problem with her business practice, why is HER reputation on the line?

xoxo

I'm fine with sp's offering deals. However I don't think clients should haggle over prices or should have the choice to haggle over prices. If a sp wants to offer a deal have one in an add or offer a package deal. It gives you a chance to look professional and gives you a chance to be creative. In the end it is the sp's choice on how she wants to run her business. I don't think it's good for business to be wishy washy with your prices. Just my opinion.

Maybe the lady was bored or had a cancellation and being dressed to the nines and ready for work..why not offer a deal to someone who showed interest in her earlier. Sometimes it's better making something rather than nothing...just saying..anyway I'm bored with this thread..too much speculation

• Like 6

Thanks all for your comments to my post but I didn't think this was going to explode like it has. Cat, I think you got a little off topic there, maybe something for a separate thread.

Let me restate this and be very clear.

1 - I have loved almost every encounter with you lovely ladies, and have ALWAYS added extra at the end of the session, even when things didn't go as well as I would have liked.

2 - The only reason I'm asking the rate is because it's not listed in the ad, or she doesn't have a website with her rates. Logic would state if it's already listed, I wouldn't have a reason to ask. Payment is always done immediately, and I can't read ones mind as to how much to put in the envelope. :)

3 - I'm sure I like to have as much fun as the next guy, and I always respect the woman's wishes. I'm NO BULLY.

4 - When I'm informed of the rate, I NEVER negotiate. If it's about a third more than the normal rate, then I POLITELY decline, and just say it is a little more than I was expecting. I don't say that to get a better rate. NO negotiating, NO haggling.

5 - Now when I'm asked "Ok, how much were you planning on spending" to keep the session; that's when I begin to wonder.

Again, thanks for all the comments, some welcome more than others, but that's it, that's all!

• Like 1

Thanks all for your comments to my post but I didn't think this was going to explode like it has. Cat, I think you got a little off topic there, maybe something for a separate thread.

Let me restate this and be very clear.

1 - I have loved almost every encounter with you lovely ladies, and have ALWAYS added extra at the end of the session, even when things didn't go as well as I would have liked.

2 - The only reason I'm asking the rate is because it's not listed in the ad, or she doesn't have a website with her rates. Logic would state if it's already listed, I wouldn't have a reason to ask. Payment is always done immediately, and I can't read ones mind as to how much to put in the envelope. :)

3 - I'm sure I like to have as much fun as the next guy, and I always respect the woman's wishes. I'm NO BULLY.

4 - When I'm informed of the rate, I NEVER negotiate. If it's about a third more than the normal rate, then I POLITELY decline, and just say it is a little more than I was expecting. I don't say that to get a better rate. NO negotiating, NO haggling.

5 - Now when I'm asked "Ok, how much were you planning on spending" to keep the session; that's when I begin to wonder.

Again, thanks for all the comments, some welcome more than others, but that's it, that's all!

I don't think cat was talking about you. I think she was talking in general terms. Miss cat was not referring to you as a bully. I have to say that bulling does happen and why not talk about it while we are on the conversation of lowering rates. Some clients do try to haggle and do try to get girls to lower their rates it really does happen and I think it is not fair. I think cat addressed some really excellent points. It is not the topic at hand but it is the general area and sometimes it is good to talk about things.

There's a very wide variety of things that folks spend their hard-earned income on - yes, some of them "sinister" no doubt. The world is not all sunshine and lollipops. But, in the absence of evidence, I don't assume the worst.

I agree. No one should jump to the conclusion that the reason is "sinister," but too, not only in contracting SPs, but in any kind of dealing, I think we should all be aware of the reasons behind any "cut deal." Deals are usually cut more for the seller's reasons than the buyer's, and it pays to know what that reason is before you strike a deal.

It's just common sense.

I agree. No one should jump to the conclusion that the reason is "sinister," but too, not only in contracting SPs, but in any kind of dealing, I think we should all be aware of the reasons behind any "cut deal." Deals are usually cut more for the seller's reasons than the buyer's, and it pays to know what that reason is before you strike a deal.

It's just common sense.

Christine, I never "jump to conclusions" or automatically consider anything "sinister" but merely mentioned it was prudent to consider all possibilities, that said, I am signing off for a while to deal with my moral dilemma.

Will always think of you in the most positive light.

For me this is a tricky question. After doing a lot of research here on cerb and listen to a lot of peoples opinions on this subject the one major thing I've picked up is the ladies rates are what they are for a reason. And to me it is disrespectful to negotiate that rate. I also realize that in some cases this might be their sole line of income, and so in that case it is no longer a case of just being disrespectful but also infringing on their livelihood and that is the last thing I would want to do.

When I was doing my research on who to see my main concern was looks, personality, and whether or not me and the lady would mesh during the encounter. Money was a factor but at the same time I would rather save my nickels and dimes so that I could see the lady I wanted to see. When I contact a particular lady I've pretty much already made up my mind, it's more or less a final check to see if we will click or to fill in some blanks rather than a negotiation. So in all honesty if at that point a lady suddenly dropped her rates I would question why and I'll admit it might make me more hesitant to see them. Now in my mind it's a little bit different if say a lady is offering a repeat client a deal, or a deal on longer sessions and she specifically states that in her info. But if it's out of the blue it would raise some red flags for me.

• Like 1

A valid question from the OP and some interesting discussion fallowed, too bad some people chose to derail the discussion in to personal attacks. Really people you should all know better.