Motorcycles!

Guest i***k***

With Spring just around the corner the motorcycle season is almost upon us. I was curious to find out who here rides... What bike do you have or dream about having, where is your favorite place to ride to and how long have you been riding?

Personally I'm just starting out and have been looking at these bikes. I'm going cruiser and plan to use it for going to work everyday, short trips on the weekend to like Montreal and Toronto. I'll also be doing some longer trips into the US and possibly out to BC.

Triumph Speedmaster

Yamaha Road Star

Harley Davidson Sportster 1200 Custom

Honda VTX1300C

Yes I own 2 Harley's My first one is a 1994 Springer softail with a 1340 and I modified it with more chrome and saddle bags for longer trips.

The second one I won in a contest and it's a 1200 Sportster sport, not really made for long distance but the speed and control is amazing, just a few of this model were made and I never seen another one yet.

Every year some of us guys take a week and travel about 2500 km in Quebec like Gaspee area or Lac St-Jean and Quebec City or go and see the whales. If you like boobs go to Laconia NH on fathers day weekend and just ask the girls to show them and 80% of them will, you can even take picture, what's hotter than a biker chic in leather hmmmmmm. Can't wait for that weekend to come.

All in all if you are looking for a cruiser Harley Davidson is my first choice but also try Polaris or Indian. I prefer North American machine. Does not mean I have anything against imported ones.

Hope you enjoy your summer. Have fun

I did the old man compromise and got a roadster. In the early 80's I had an RD350, my parents were proud of me for getting a small bike cause they thought it was safer (our insurance broker recommended something under 400cc) :D if they only new, that bike probably spent more time on the back wheel than both wheels. A quick snap with the throttle and BANG! Oh I like "the catwalk, the catwalk I do my little turn on the catwalk"

Guest f***2f***

I have a Suzuki 800cc Boulevard (cruiser). (2006)

Great bike and good value for the money.

I've done some good long trips with it and plan to do some this summer.

I love to ride up to Champlain Lookout and Wakefield locally. I'm planning some long Ontario rides too...Kingston etc:-P

I love to ride up to Champlain Lookout and Wakefield locally. I'm planning some long Ontario rides too...Kingston etc:-P

That's cool I also have the same bike and I love it. Good overall riide. What colour is yours? Mines black and I threw on the Cobra straight pipes on it and it sounds bad ass.

When I'm feeling hot and horny to ride I take out either my GSX-R or M109R! Nothing Compares... I own the roads hands down ;)

Guest i***k***

Nice bike boner! Sounds like we have a bunch of bikers on Cerb :)

Guest M***ell***A

Have done the Wakefield ride many times (saw someone there on a patio once but smart enough not to say hi ;), you know who you are lol). One of my very fave rides, gorgeous spot but that road in along the river is a tooth chipper to say the least... Last time was on the back of a sweetypie's Triumph Sprint (sweeeeeet bike with some serious balls) and holy crap I had to hang on for dear life! This year I'm looking at a Bonneville for myself, I really love the classic "retro" style (http://www.triumph.co.uk/canada/2009%20Triumph%20BonnevilleT100_8574.aspx)... Time to put the '75 Sportster custum to bed, too hard on it for long rides and I really want to take a trip out west this summer...

Guest i***k***
Have done the Wakefield ride many times (saw someone there on a patio once but smart enough not to say hi ;), you know who you are lol). One of my very fave rides, gorgeous spot but that road in along the river is a tooth chipper to say the least... Last time was on the back of my buddy's Triumph Sprint (sweeeeeet bike with some serious balls) and holy crap I had to hang on for dear life! This year I'm looking at a Bonneville for myself, I really love the classic "retro" style (http://www.triumph.co.uk/canada/2009%20Triumph%20BonnevilleT100_8574.aspx)... Time to put the '75 Sportster custum to bed, too hard on it for long rides and I really want to take a trip out west this summer...

Definitely a hot bike Michelle!

That's cool I also have the same bike and I love it. Good overall riide. What colour is yours? Mines black and I threw on the Cobra straight pipes on it and it sounds bad ass.

When I'm feeling hot and horny to ride I take out either my GSX-R or M109R! Nothing Compares... I own the roads hands down ;)

GSX-R is nice too! almost like mine.

Guest i***k***

I'm more of a cruiser type guy myself. :) Always thought I'd be too big for the small crotch rockets. Nice bikes though!

I did the old man compromise and got a roadster. In the early 80's I had an RD350, my parents were proud of me for getting a small bike cause they thought it was safer (our insurance broker recommended something under 400cc) :D if they only new, that bike probably spent more time on the back wheel than both wheels. A quick snap with the throttle and BANG! Oh I like "the catwalk, the catwalk I do my little turn on the catwalk"

Does you motorcycle come with a stepladder?.lol. :roll:

Any crotch rocket that puts out big displacement is gonna be a a big bike... I am not a tall guy or anything but I too agree that a 600cc or 750cc is too small. I prefer bikes like the GSX-R 1000, Hayabusa, and ZX-14... those are big boy bikes lol

I'm more of a cruiser type guy myself. :) Always thought I'd be too big for the small crotch rockets. Nice bikes though!

BMW Boxer for me. Been riding and restoring them since I was in university back in the early '80s. I get the best of both worlds...I've got the crusing power of a big twin and more sporty than a Harley. I've ridden a lot of other bikes but I don't thing I'd buy anything else.

There are a few BMW riders here on CERB. There's also a fantastic rally every summer down in the Finger Lakes of New York state. It's always a good time!

With Spring just around the corner the motorcycle season is almost upon us. I was curious to find out who here rides... What bike do you have or dream about having, where is your favorite place to ride to and how long have you been riding?

Personally I'm just starting out and have been looking at these bikes. I'm going cruiser and plan to use it for going to work everyday, short trips on the weekend to like Montreal and Toronto. I'll also be doing some longer trips into the US and possibly out to BC.

Triumph Speedmaster

Yamaha Road Star

Harley Davidson Sportster 1200 Custom

Honda VTX1300C

Keep yourself safe. If you're just starting out, I don't recommend major displacement. Give yourself a chance to make the boo-boos on a running beater first. Sure as shit, you're going to drop or mush into something and you probably don't want your nice pretty ride to be your badge of experience with a lots of road rash.

I may be generalizing here, and you guys are welcome to flame me, but Cruisers can be a little heavy in the front end. Response time may be a little slower than with a lighter bike. Again, this may not be your ideal riding experience for a first-timer.

I got a VStar1100. Not a bad machine. Reliable. Easy to ride. Lots of low-end torque so you can motor around town all day without much strain. But again, the mass in the front takes a little getting used to. Acceleration is ok. It takes awhile to get up to speed, so it's not the same as a croch-rocket. If you want a real acceleration buzz, go for a more conventional street bike maybe in the 750 - 850 range. The Vstar is a little uncomfortable on longer rides cuz of the cheapo seat - you should change the stock seat. For some stupid reason, changing the oil & filter is really awkward and expensive, so you have to install an adapter kit to fix that design flaw. The fuel consumption is ok, but don't consider a cruiser to be a real gas saver.

There's absolutely nothing finer than motoring on a fine balmy day. Jeez, c'mon Spring! Oh yeah, Be wary of trucks - they don't give a S**t about you and they blow you around on the road. You might want some experience before you go on the highways. Hope that helps some. Good Luck! :-P

i ride gsxr 1000

i cant wait to get out and ride saw several people out this weekend! i take my bike to the track alot, its great fun and safer than the street for us speed demons...lol

hope everyone has a safe riding season!

Guest C****** K***e

I want a Kawasaki Ninja...probably my next major purpose. Living in rural Manitoba, though, it's hard to justify buying a bike.

I ride an 800 cc Kawasaki Vulcan Drifter. Enjoy rides to Champlain Lookout and Wakefield. Last Sept went to Denver and had a fantastic time riding in the mountains. We should organize some "discrete & fun" trips for CERB members.

I have only had the pleasure of being a back seat driver. Thinking of getting a bike this year. I love the 511 one of my fav's but the wakefield run is good too. For now I'll need a partner to Ride with hehehehhe

Guest f***2f***

Mine's black too...is there any other colour???:razz:

Hey inaluki,

If you are going to get a Harley best to go with a softail they are more comfortable and keep their value for a longer time.:-)

Guest i***k***
Hey inaluki' date='

If you are going to get a Harley best to go with a softail they are more comfortable and keep their value for a longer time.:-)[/quote']

I definitely agree with you there! I'm limiting my budget pretty severely on my first bike tho and most "good" harleys are out of reach. Once I get the hang of it with something that's cheap (in case I drop it) I'll drop some serious coin on a really nice ride.

The cute girl sitting in the back with short shorts and the ass up in the air, damn I love that view. So all you young guys with hot chicks keep in front of me when I ride. Thanks:lol::lol: