Would you get involved with an SP?

Guest N***he**Ont**y

Wow what a thread! As that Alannah Myles song says "Love IS". The heart is a funny thing and I believe that is what rules my life more then my brain!(My personal downfall). My heart would over rule my brain and I would have no problem if the love of my life was a former or current SP. My heart will always over rule the logic of my brain!

Nuff Said

Chiming in here again. When you get involved with a person it is because you love her/him for her/himself. While yes, this person will be your sexual partner, she/he is supposed to be much more than just a sexual partner...to put it in corny terms, she/he is your life partner, she sharing all aspects of your life, and you sharing all aspects of her life

As for the question about all the sexual partners an SP has by virtue of her profession, remember, the same can be said of hobbiest's and all their sexual partners they have/had by virtue of partaking in this lifestyle...no one is a virgin here

A quick rambling for whatever it's worth

RG

• Like 1

Chiming in here again. When you get involved with a person it is because you love her/him for her/himself. While yes, this person will be your sexual partner, she/he is supposed to be much more than just a sexual partner...to put it in corny terms, she/he is your life partner, she sharing all aspects of your life, and you sharing all aspects of her life

As for the question about all the sexual partners an SP has by virtue of her profession, remember, the same can be said of hobbiest's and all their sexual partners they have/had by virtue of partaking in this lifestyle...no one is a virgin here

A quick rambling for whatever it's worth

RG

Hmmm ... To put it another way, just because I have a "business partner" doesn't mean I'm precluded from doing business with others. (Does that include "funny business" I wonder :icon_smile:)

On a serious note, and now I'm rambling, the term "partner" is often used today in the context of marriage or marriage-like arrangements. I wonder sometimes how many people who use it actually embrace it's full meaning within their relationship. A partner is one who has agreed to work with you to advance common goals or interests. Partners may divide duties according to their skills or preferences, but when one partner is unable to fulfill their duties, the other partner is expected to "stand in" for them. In a partnership, you don't get to say "well that was my partner's decision, not mine!". Partners must share responsibility for good and bad outcomes.

At this stage I'm not actively looking for a new squeeze but wouldn't be put off if someone I liked entered my life. Sure, I can't think of a reason not to have a date and possibly a relationship with a woman that is or has been in this line of work. The trouble in responding to these fairly open topics they can become very complex depending on many factors, e.g how serious do you want to become, and what are the past, present, and future implications. I will assume for arguments sake that it might start casually but could evolve into a serious long term relationship

That said it does in my mind raise many, but in particular two serious issues, both of which are relevant to both men and woman. The first is based on the premise that the vast majority of people associated with this pastime maintain two identities. That veil has to fall away if there is to be trust as only disclosure will clear the air. If you're to develop a trusting and open relationship I believe nothing would destroy it faster than to have secrets from each other.

The opinion I will express about the second issue is my own personal view. I believe I'm pretty broad minded, but when it comes down to it, either for jealousy or selfish motives it would probably eventually be necessary for the lady to give up the life. I think most men would be hard pressed to accept and share their partner. I admire those few men that can and are able to support a stable long term relationship, with no real expectation of gain.

That said, I also don't accept invitations from square men ...

Thanks very much for that insightful post Cat. Curious though... can you define "square" in this context?

I know about these of course, but I'm not sure if they cover what you mean here:

- A noticeably unhip, mainstream individual, a straight. Someone either ignorant or disinterested of underground subcultures. The antithesis of a hipster.

- A person who is regarded as dull, rigidly conventional, and out of touch with current trends.

Edited by MightyPen
  • Like 1

If I became involved with an SP that progressed into something more than SP type service. Love or whatever. Sure, why not. I think that an SPs are very good at what they do (compared to amateur hour that takes place with my current significant other). Ican't offer the same quality back -- being amateur myself -- but I'm sure she could teach me a thing or too.

I think it would depend on if the woman was going to be mine from then one, or continue in her career. The later option would probably be a problem for me.

Thanks very much for that insightful post Cat. Curious though... can you define "square" in this context?

I know about these of course, but I'm not sure if they cover what you mean here:

- A noticeably unhip, mainstream individual, a straight. Someone either ignorant or disinterested of underground subcultures. The antithesis of a hipster.

- A person who is regarded as dull, rigidly conventional, and out of touch with current trends.

Darling MightyPen,

Square to me is defined as a person who doesn't have even a toe in the underground world in which I exist. They know nothing of my reality except what they read in the newspaper or see on TV. They seldom speed, don't park illegally and wouldn't know what to do if put into a situation where there is more than a slight potential for danger; they don't have the street smarts or the awareness to understand the world I live in. Square people live in very safe, vanilla worlds with a house in the suburbs and believe they can achieve a Ward and June likeness if they just try hard enough and follow the rules. They live in a world where I don't blend and have quit trying which is why I don't accept those kinds of invitations...

cat

Would I get involved with an SP? Absolutely! From my limited experience I have found SPs to be some of the nicest people around, so I would certainly not rule out the whole group. If I was to generalise and rule out an entire class of people as unsuitable partners, it would probably be Lawyers. Or maybe Nickelback fans.

• Like 1