Ottawa Fall 2012 Social - Mark your calendars for Thu., Sept. 13th!

Well even though I can't attend :-( there are four draw prizes for the social. At least I'll be there in spirit. I'll give the prizes to you tomorrow Angela

RG

Too bad you couldn't attend....you could tell jokes and be the music man too :) Two of your favorite threads

Take care of Angela out in the boat there cause we need her back to organize the social....she can't swim but I guess she does have a pretty darn gorgeous pair of buoy's there ;) to keep her afloat

Sooooo.....4 door prizes from your fishing trip this week perhaps..... a pickeral, a walleye, an Orleans red snapper and a "Cat" fish ;)

• Like 1

i'll be in toronto that day seeing my favourite band KISS rock'in & rollin with motley crue that day!! sorry :(

• Like 1

Wow, the response for the social has been great so far, but remember folks, it's still almost 2 months away, and tickets will only be available starting mid-end of August.

I will try to make it out again! The last one I attended in the fall was a blast.

hmmmmm... I am usually pretty shy about these things... a wallflower.

Maybe I could kinda slip in unnoticed.....

Hmmm... if you go unnoticed then no free beer for you! ;-)

• Like 1

Kudo's to you sweetie.....You always put on a great event :) If you need any help in this adventure you know what to do! And see you all there...this is an event not to be missed so purchase your tickets fast gentleman!!!

Hmmm... if you go unnoticed then no free beer for you! ;-)

I recant. I will not go unnoticed.

LoL ;-)

mmm im dreaming of the angel's angie bringing to the party... wait... too soon?

More like a dog flower.

dog_pattern_800.gif

• Like 1

Add me to the list! CERB socials are such a wonderful experience. I've got it on my calendar. Now - let's see what Reality adds to my calendar for that night. Hopefully, no conflicts!

Angela throws the best socials. I don't think I've missed one yet...count me in!!

Edited by emb3750
  • Like 2

ohhhhhhh , coming to town & not knowing this was going on .... Should I stay one more day & go to the social ?

What should I do ........

• Like 1

It is too soon for me to know if I can go or not, I will now for sure by end of August. Never been to a social in Ottawa yet.

TF... they are a great deal of fun. A chance to meet the people you speak to on a daily basis - a great way to put a face to a name.

I have only missed a couple, but I loved the ones I have attended!!

Looking forward to meeting so many of you lovely ladies.

Is there an e-mail list? will those of us expressing an interest here get a pm when the opportunity to purchase tickets comes available?

I have been to a couple in Montreal and also attended some arranged by a provider in Montreal, it helped I used to live there :icon_biggrin:

I guess it is time to meet up with the people of Ottawa too, so far the ones I have met are all cool, both ladies and gents.

Looking forward to meeting so many of you lovely ladies.

Is there an e-mail list? will those of us expressing an interest here get a pm when the opportunity to purchase tickets comes available?

You simply need to pm me to express your interest and then I will put you on the list and with your permission, send you a reminder when tickets are available (probably around August 16th) at which time it will be first come, first served.

i'm going to try to make this one hopefully

Coolio!!! It's always good to catch up with old friends!

Just a reminder folks, that this announcement is for the Fall Social, not the Christmas Social that some have already asked me about.

I wish to announce that tickets are now on sale (Gents only, ladies are free) for the Fall Social being held on Thursday, Sept. 13th.

You must p.m. me here on cerb and I will give you all the details. Payment can be made by email money transfer, postal money order or in person (cash).

The cost will be $40 and his is to cover drinks for the ladies, appetizers, door prizes and other expenses associated with organizing these events.

There is be no cost to the ladies to attend, however due to the popularity of past events and the fact there are some ladies we had to turn away because we were full, if you are such a lady, you will be given first priority this time. I kept a list from last time.

And to those ladies, who said you wanted to attend and then did not even extend us the courtesy of letting us know beforehand (or even afterwards) that you couldn't attend, please do not embarass yourself by asking to come this time. We have more people wanting to attend, than spots available and you had your chance, sorry.:confused0024: I do not wish to make this a sore point or create any controversy - it's just something that had to be said.

Reminder: Since this is being organized by CERB members for other CERB members, please do not bother the MOD about this event.

It is being held a centrally located venue in Ottawa. It will be in a reserved room of a public bar/restaurant. It will run from approximately 6:30 p.m. until closing time. There will be a variety of music played and dancing will be encouraged.

There is a limit of 50 spots available (ideally 25 gents/25 ladies), on a first-come, first-served basis to those members in good standing who have some presence on the board or in the hobby (if you have a low post count, but good rep, that's all we care about).

There will be a cost for gents to attend and tickets will be available starting in mid-August. You will be able to pay by e-mail money transfer, postal money order or cash (in person).

Remember: This is a meet and greet social event in a public venue (no hanky panky :smile:) and as with past events, expect all attendees to behave accordingly.

Also, CERB members from all across Canada (and elsewhere) are welcome to attend.

Gents and Ladies: Make sure you get let me know soon if you want to attend, as I am already working my way through the list and we will be full in no time!

Angela of Ottawa

Your humble social organizer.

P.S. Old Dog doesn't want to wear any costumes this time, hee hee.

Edited by Mature Angela

I would love to be able to attend but simply cannot make this one. The other good thing that I am going to miss is that after the last few socials I think that Old Dog surely must be buying everyone a drink to repay them for all of the ones that he received.

Hope to see you at Christmas though. :)

• Like 1

WELL,

I missed the last one and perhaps its time to ..come out.. LOl

Besides someone needs to represent the Prairies, so hopefully theres still space for the newbie Socialite to attend, I will contact Angela Asap.

This should be fun and scary all at the same time!

It will be fun to meet everyone!!

Cheers

• Like 1

A reminder that tickets are now on sale (Gents only, ladies are free) for the Fall Social being held on Thursday, Sept. 13th.

You must p.m. me here on cerb and I will give you all the details. Payment can be made by email money transfer, postal money order or in person (cash).

The cost will be $40 and his is to cover drinks for the ladies, appetizers, door prizes and other expenses associated with organizing these events.

There is be no cost to the ladies to attend, however due to the popularity of past events and the fact there are some ladies we had to turn away because we were full, if you are such a lady, you will be given first priority this time. I kept a list from last time.

And to those ladies, who said you wanted to attend and then did not even extend us the courtesy of letting us know beforehand (or even afterwards) that you couldn't attend, please do not embarass yourself by asking to come this time. We have more people wanting to attend, than spots available and you had your chance, sorry.:confused0024: I do not wish to make this a sore point or create any controversy - it's just something that had to be said.

Reminder: Since this is being organized by CERB members for other CERB members, please do not bother the MOD about this event.

It is being held a centrally located venue in Ottawa. It will be in a reserved room of a public bar/restaurant. It will run from approximately 6:30 p.m. until closing time. There will be a variety of music played and dancing will be encouraged.

There is a limit of 50 spots available (ideally 25 gents/25 ladies), on a first-come, first-served basis to those members in good standing who have some presence on the board or in the hobby (if you have a low post count, but good rep, that's all we care about).

Remember: This is a meet and greet social event in a public venue (no hanky panky :smile:) and as with past events, expect all attendees to behave accordingly.

Also, CERB members from all across Canada (and elsewhere) are welcome to attend.

We are getting full, so reserve your spot now!

Angela of Ottawa

Your humble social organizer.