Ottawa Fall 2012 Social - Mark your calendars for Thu., Sept. 13th!

Due to popular demand, I will be once again co-hosting a fall social for both male and female CERB members in good standing on Thursday, September 13th in Ottawa.

Since this is being organized by CERB members for other CERB members, please do not bother the MOD about this event.

It will be held a centrally located venue in Ottawa. It will be in a reserved room of a public bar/restaurant. It will run from approximately 6:30 p.m. until closing time. There will be a variety of music played and dancing will be encouraged.

There will be a limit of 50 spots available (ideally 25 gents/25 ladies), on a first-come, first-served basis to those members in good standing who have some presence on the board or in the hobby (if you have a low post count, but good rep, that's all we care about).

There will be a cost for gents to attend and tickets will be available starting in mid-August. You will be able to pay by e-mail money transfer, postal money order or cash (in person).

The price of the tickets will be determined at that time as well. This is to cover drinks for the ladies, appetizers, door prizes and other expenses associated with organizing these events.

There will be no cost to the ladies to attend, however we will be doing things a bit differently this time. Due to the popularity of past events and the fact there are some ladies we had to turn away because we were full, if you are such a lady, you will be given first priority this time. I kept a list from last time.

And ladies, for those of you who said you wanted to attend and then did not even extend us the courtesy of letting us know beforehand (or even afterwards) that you couldn't attend, please do not embarass yourself by asking to come this time. We have more people wanting to attend, than spots available and you had your chance, sorry.:confused0024: This also applies to the gents who I said could pay at the door last minute and didn't show either. I do not wish to make this a sore point or create any controversy - it's just something that had to be said.

Moving on to a more positive note - looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones. This is a meet and greet social event in a public venue (no hanky panky :)) and as with past events, expect all attendees to behave accordingly.

Remember, CERB members from all across Canada (and elsewhere) are welcome to attend.

If you think you might like to join us, feel free to pm and let me know.

Angela of Ottawa

Your humble social organizer.

Edited by Mature Angela
Update Information
  • Like 8

Oh my. An Ottawa social again. Angela, please put me on the list as a tentative guest! I will be looking at my calendar very closely now and will confirm one way or the other quite soon. MN2

yey! the socials are returning to hometown :b

since its in september i will have to do a tentative for now - will know closer to the date :)

Oh my. An Ottawa social again. Angela, please put me on the list as a tentative guest! I will be looking at my calendar very closely now and will confirm one way or the other quite soon. MN2

Count me in. Wouldn't be an Ottawa social without having our representative from PEI.

Hello Angela

Would love to attend, but can't make the fall social...but 90% sure I'll be attending a Christmas Social, if there is one...hint hint

But would you like a donation for some door prizes, at least I'll be there in spirit. As for getting them to you, I can give them to you when we next meet, next week :-)

RG

• Like 1

You can definitely count me in. I've always had a great time at the socials and look forward to attending again.

Sounds great! Thanks in advance for organizing it!!

I may have spoken too quickly. :( The fall social is looking less and less a possibility, but, early December, that is a count me in for sure!

• Like 1

A social sounds like fun! It would be great to meet some of the members in person.

Not having attended last year, though, I have a few questions:

1. Is this an evening event?

2. What kind of venue are we talking about? A bar? A club?

3. Are couples welcome?

4. I understand it will be held in a public place, but will we have a section to ourselves?

5. How do we identify ourselves and other cerb members?

6. Will there be any protocols to follow? e.g. not using last names, or cerb handles, or whatever.

Count me as tentative for now.

Guest S**a*Q

I'm in... :) It's just before my Vegas trip so I should be in town.

A social sounds like fun! It would be great to meet some of the members in person.

Not having attended last year, though, I have a few questions:

1. Is this an evening event?

2. What kind of venue are we talking about? A bar? A club?

3. Are couples welcome?

4. I understand it will be held in a public place, but will we have a section to ourselves?

5. How do we identify ourselves and other cerb members?

6. Will there be any protocols to follow? e.g. not using last names, or cerb handles, or whatever.

In answer to your questions:

1. Yes, the event will be held on Thursday evening, Sept. 13th from approximately 6:30 p.m. until closing. You can show up and leave any time you wish, however door prizes will be drawn around 9:30 p.m.

2. This is a public bar/restaurant located close to Parliament Hill. We will have our own room reserved so as to no be directly in the public eye. The location will only be disclosed to those members with a paid ticket/confirmed invite as to keep a lid on discretion.

3. You are welcome to accompany another cerb member if you wish. PM me for more details.

4. Yes, our own section. However with all establishments now days, smoking is only allowed outdoors, a certain amount of metres from the establishment.

5. I will be telling all invited members the name under which the party is booked and you will simply identify yourself with your cerb handle to me as you come (I will greet you), and then just introduce yourself by your first name (real or not) and mention your handle, just as long as you are mindful of not being within earshot of a wait staff at that moment.

6. In order to not draw attention to ourselves, there will be no name tags (cerb names or otherwise) just in case you run into someone when you're coming in or out or going for a smoke. Other protocols are, no solicitation, foul language, etc. Reminder that this is a public place and a meet and greet, not grope and stroke.

Lack of name tags will encourage people to mix and mingle and that is that is the intention of this function - to meet, greet, enjoy some libation and just have a great old time.

• Like 3

Just checked my calendar and I will be out of town that day. Boo! I was really looking forward to it. It's such a good way to see many of my cerb friends all at once. Now I will have to make 1-on-1 arrangements to see everyone.

• Like 1

Count me in! I can't wait to see everyone again! It's been a little over a year since my last CERB social and I loved it last time.

How could I not attend a Cerb social. They are fun yet never quite the same each time. A great chance to meet some wonderful folks from this community.

Please count me in Angela. :icon_lol:

Due to popular demand, I will be once again co-hosting a fall social for both male and female CERB members in good standing on Thursday, September 13th in Ottawa.

Of course it has to be a Thursday night!

[running joke]

Well even though I can't attend :-( there are four draw prizes for the social. At least I'll be there in spirit. I'll give the prizes to you tomorrow Angela

RG

• Like 2

I've never attended a cerb social. Sounds amazing!!!

Can u put me on the list for the christmas social? I would be more than willing to make the trip for this experience :)

Posted via Mobile Device

Well even though I can't attend :-( there are four draw prizes for the social. At least I'll be there in spirit. I'll give the prizes to you tomorrow Angela

RG

Woopsadaisy! Good on 'ya!!! ;)

• Like 2