Animals , in calls and allergies

Last night I had an appointment with a well reviewed SP from PK. I arrived at the hotel only to find that there was a dog in the room. I'm highly allergic and had to leave immediately. The SP was gracious and understanding.

However I did think that all agencies should mention this upon booking. I always ask indies working out of their homes about pets. I never thought that this would happen with a reputable agency that uses hotels.

Anyways it was a real waste of my time and it was too late to go to a Plan B as the agency no longer was answering calls.

• Like 7

Last night I had an appointment with a well reviewed SP from PK. I arrived at the hotel only to find that there was a dog in the room. I'm highly allergic and had to leave immediately. The SP was gracious and understanding.

However I did think that all agencies should mention this upon booking. I always ask indies working out of their homes about pets. I never thought that this would happen with a reputable agency that uses hotels.

Anyways it was a real waste of my time and it was too late to go to a Plan B as the agency no longer was answering calls.

This is an important topic for everyone to consider. Including hobbiest asking for outcall and ensuring garments are clean of dander.

That said I do like animals.

I appreciate it when pets are mentioned on outcalls. I love animals, but it's come as a surprise when walking in to a home and a big dog comes out of nowhere. Always, always, should be mentioned.

• Like 3

Guest ****someS**l

A couple years back, I went for a one hour incall with a lady at her location only to find a large dog and a cat with her. She put the dog out and the cat roamed about freely. I'm not allergic to either dogs nor cats, however I can only imagine the ramifications for a client or potential client when greeted with pets. Some ladies have told me they have a cat or a dog which is fine, yet surprises are not a great way to start off an encounter. Same is true when visiting an SP who is a smoker or allows smoking at her incall location. I don't smoke and I can't stand the smell of smoke of any sort. I'm not allergic to smoke, but it would likely drive me out the door. It's best to ask about these things in advance rather than having both the SP and client being inconvenienced.

Guest S**a*Q

I've always thought that pet hair on clothing could be a huge tell to someone's significant other... Never mind the allergy side of it.

Guest ****someS**l

True that and not to mention a bite out of your ass! Tough to explain that one. LOL

I've always thought that pet hair on clothing could be a huge tell to someone's significant other... Never mind the allergy side of it.

Wow, I can't believe I never thought of this. But then again, my allergies aren't quite severe. Cat and dog hair can get me in tears and sneezing only if it comes near my eyes after some time. So, it's not that severe.

So, I'm debating about asking...

Just to clarify. It was the first time she had an issue with her dog. It is a 5lb chihuaha, in a crate in a separate room. Because she lives alone, she sometimes brings it with her. From an allergy point of view I can see it being an issue. But there certainly is no safety issues here

Sorry to hear that man. I can understand your frustration. I would be extremely frustrated too if I had that allergic problem. I agree with you though 100%, the agency is at fault and should have mentioned this. It could be a safety issue as well if the allergy is serious enough.

This should be a no brainer for both clients and providers to mention this, for whoever is hosting.

Just to clarify. It was the first time she had an issue with her dog. It is a 5lb chihuaha, in a crate in a separate room. Because she lives alone, she sometimes brings it with her. From an allergy point of view I can see it being an issue. But there certainly is no safety issues here

When you have severe allergies it very much is a safety issue.

• Like 2

Sorry to hear that man. I can understand your frustration. I would be extremely frustrated too if I had that allergic problem. I agree with you though 100%, the agency is at fault and should have mentioned this. It could be a safety issue as well if the allergy is serious enough.

This should be a no brainer for both clients and providers to mention this, for whoever is hosting.

I was going to just read this thread and let it pass in as much as I have no dog in this fight, so to speak. I am not acquainted with the SP or the agency. But I so have an observation.

I cannot agree the agency is 100% at fault or has any liability in this situation. It is up to the client to make any parties aware of allergies that are major issues.

Follow me through on this. Say you have a death-defying allergy to shellfish (I know such a person.) Say the SP has just dined on lobster before seeing you. You kiss the SP and voila, you have a reaction to the shellfish (the individual I know can react to kissing someone who has previously just eaten shellfish). As you have not shared the information about your shell-fish related condition, how is anyone to know this is going to happen?

I know of another individual who is literally allergic to anything that grows in soil - grass, weeds, flowers, trees and so on. This person would react if there was so much as a single plant growing in the room. (This person is on major medication because of this, as you might imagine.) I doubt it would occur to any SP or agency to advise any and all potential clients of the presence of said plant.

IMHO, it is incumbent on any individual who has an allergy that could conceivably arise to advise the SP or agency of the situation. Since most people do not have such conditions, the SP or agency, in the absence of any information to the contrary, will not consider this as a possible issue.

That's my 2 cents (soon to round down to 0 cents).

• Like 2

I was going to just read this thread and let it pass in as much as I have no dog in this fight, so to speak. I am not acquainted with the SP or the agency. But I so have an observation.

I cannot agree the agency is 100% at fault or has any liability in this situation. It is up to the client to make any parties aware of allergies that are major issues.

Follow me through on this. Say you have a death-defying allergy to shellfish (I know such a person.) Say the SP has just dined on lobster before seeing you. You kiss the SP and voila, you have a reaction to the shellfish (the individual I know can react to kissing someone who has previously just eaten shellfish). As you have not shared the information about your shell-fish related condition, how is anyone to know this is going to happen?

I know of another individual who is literally allergic to anything that grows in soil - grass, weeds, flowers, trees and so on. This person would react if there was so much as a single plant growing in the room. (This person is on major medication because of this, as you might imagine.) I doubt it would occur to any SP or agency to advise any and all potential clients of the presence of said plant.

IMHO, it is incumbent on any individual who has an allergy that could conceivably arise to advise the SP or agency of the situation. Since most people do not have such conditions, the SP or agency, in the absence of any information to the contrary, will not consider this as a possible issue.

That's my 2 cents (soon to round down to 0 cents).

I think you misread my quote, I said I agreed 100% with the OP that the agency is at fault, I didn't say the agency is 100% at fault.

The situations you are presenting seem very rare that they would occur. If we were to do it your way, it would mean clients maybe telling an SP they are allergic to bees before an encounter.

Something like pets should be common sense to alert the party that is visiting the location. It should be a given to let the visiting party know this information and the onus should on the hosting party.

Something like pets should be common sense to alert the party that is visiting the location. It should be a given to let the visiting party know this information and the onus should on the hosting party.

I stand corrected. I missed the comma after your 100%.

Regarding pets and common sense, have you flown lately? The lady ahead of me on my last flight had two, not one, but two wriggly hairy dogs in her arms when she went through the scanner. The airline did not see fit to advise me at any time that I would be sharing my flight with the animals.

Again to clarify, the client, along with any of her other clients were made aware of the dog situation when they arrived.

I guess the fact that she has been working for over a month, and seen numerous clients and has had zero complaints about herself or her dog led us to believe there was no issue. The hotel is pet friendly, and again it wasnt a pit bull or a rotweiller.. It was a CHIHUAHA. (5lbs) In a crate, in a separate room.

I understand allergies, and if that was the case then of course the client would be in a bad place. But then leads the question, what if a previous client owned a dog(s) and the dander got on the linen? Or the SP herself owned a pet and left her home to go to work and had the hair/dander on her?

Personally if I had extreme allergies I think it would put the onus on myself to let ppl who were serving me on notice for the allergies. Not just for the fact there might be a dog, but anything else that would trigger me.

We have clients that let us know about scent sensitivities and the SPs act accordingly to either remove their perfumes, along with anything else that could be a trigger.

Anyhow I think for the future Explorer69 knowing the allergy issues you have, perhaps you could remind the phone person of this and it would make things more comfortable for you. I can say for sure, many sps own dogs or cats. They could be sure to keep their clothing and such more "petless".

• Like 1

I appreciate it when pets are mentioned on outcalls. I love animals, but it's come as a surprise when walking in to a home and a big dog comes out of nowhere. Always, always, should be mentioned.

Agreed. It should always be mentioned ahead of time. Providers that I have seen who did have pets mentioned to me before hand that they had pets without me even asking. I respectfully disagree that the onus should be on the client, anybody with pets should be bringing it up before hand to avoid conflict, and save time. IMO, this was not the OPs fault.

I have the triple threat....topical/ingestible/respiratory

The topical is serious, the ingestible is life threatening and the respiratory is a MAJOR inconvenience.

I ensure that I take my meds daily and research the places that I may or may not visit prior to making a plan for my day.

Anyone with allergies of any kind are the ones responsible for their well being.

I am not trying to diminish the concerns of the OP but your health is your priority and therefore your responsibility.

Simple questions will keep you safe and healthy! It is no one's responsibility other than your own to ensure your health.

A pet in an incall is a reasonable situation and therefore you should enquire prior to booking.

People with allergies need be vigilant; those around us are aloud to be ignorant!

• Like 5

Guest N***he**Ont**y

If the allergies are that bad the individual should carry an Epy Kit so he can give themselves

a shot of adranilen.

Agreed. It should always be mentioned ahead of time. Providers that I have seen who did have pets mentioned to me before hand that they had pets without me even asking. I respectfully disagree that the onus should be on the client, anybody with pets should be bringing it up before hand to avoid conflict, and save time. IMO, this was not the OPs fault.

I don't think it was the OP's "fault" per se, but if he is that allergic to animals it's something that should be mentioned no matter what, as this is something that could come up regardless if there was an animal present or not.

If this was an issue on a regular basis I would say it would be something to consider. But seeing that this is the first time in years that we have had an issue, it's not something that is really an issue of major concern.

It's not like the 5lb Chihuahua was running loose. It was in a crate in another room. Frig you could hide it in her G-string and you probably would even notice it. LOL Mountain out of mole hill gentlemen.

Chihuahua-palm.jpg

• Like 4

I must admit, I'm slightly confused by this thread. If something's really that important to you, be it allergies or anything else, why wouldn't you make sure of it in advance? Hoping that the world will always arrange itself to your liking seems like a recipe for disaster...

• Like 1

I don't think it was the OP's "fault" per se, but if he is that allergic to animals it's something that should be mentioned no matter what, as this is something that could come up regardless if there was an animal present or not.

If this was an issue on a regular basis I would say it would be something to consider. But seeing that this is the first time in years that we have had an issue, it's not something that is really an issue of major concern.

It's not like the 5lb Chihuahua was running loose. It was in a crate in another room. Frig you could hide it in her G-string and you probably would even notice it. LOL Mountain out of mole hill gentlemen.

Chihuahua-palm.jpg

I think putting the picture of the cute dog is a bit cheesy. I don't think the size of the dog is the issue, it's like you're ridiculing the OP.

It is, in my experience, extremely unusual to have an animal on an incall to a Hotel Room. I was told by a traveling SP that she had a companion pet with her, so it happens, but is far from the norm, IMO.

I don't want to question anyone's honesty but if the OP was allergic to dogs and was told there would be a dog in the room I find it hard to believe that he would go there and leave immediately.

If I walked into a Hotel Room and there was a pitbull standing there I would shit my pants.

In conclusion, I believe it is up to the SP to tell potential clients that there will be an animal present when we have an encounter. There are a lot of reasons outside of allergies that this would be important information to a potential client.

Edited by billybob
  • Like 2

I put the pic up for humour. Perhaps to lighten up several anal retentive responses. Cut the girl a break.

No one is picking on the SP. In fact she handled it incredibly well. She offered to make it up to me and give me a discount and make sure her dog wasn't present. I'll take her up on the offer of no dog present, but not on the discount as it wasn't her fault that my time was wasted. Its too bad the Agency doesn't have the same sense of wanting to step up for wasting my time.

(instead of saying I knew once I was there and could leave)

I never said I would die if exposed to a dog. I go to hobby to have fun, not to come away with itchy eyes and a runny nose. In my experience I have NEVER seen an Agency or Indy SP who had an animal in her hotel room, that is why it never occurred to me to enquire. On the other hand I always ask Indy's working out of their home about this.

Oh well , live and learn, and lucky for PK the SP handled it so well. She will not lose me as a potential client.

• Like 1

I just spoke to the sp and she offered to make it up to u. Not offering u a discount. Honestly i think you could have dealt with the whole situation with more discretion, rather than airing it on cerb. The majority of posters have agreed that you should have let us know about your allergies if they were that bad.

If you don't want to waste your time, let us or whoever know in advance and you will save all parties the grief.

I've been a quiet observer here but will chime up now. I think the issue of an animal at the incall is a 50-50 responsibility of agency(sp) and client My experience has been that ladies let it be known if they have a pet of some sort at their incall. At the same time if suffering from allergies etc, knowing your own medical condition, you should let the sp/agency know ahead of time just to be safe. I know the few times I go to an incall I let the lady know I can't touch alcohol, as a comparison, due to my medical condition (just in case they are offering refreshments) That way alcohol isn't the only choice. Best analogy I can come up with. And, from the client's perspective, seeing as it was a hotel, there may be expectation it was a pet free zone...don't know. But seeing as it was a hotel, the client should have been advised ahead of time

And finally, this matter should have been dealt with privately, instead of a public airing on CERB. To that end I don't know what was hoped to be gained. But discussing your concerns privately there might have been some resolution

My chiming in over

RG

• Like 2