What is for supper tonight?

Guest N***he**Ont**y

Turkey Dinner tonight at a family members as my Father is heading to South Western Fla for the winter.

Turkey, stuffing, cranberries, corn, mashed potatoes, turnip, pumpkin pie with spiced whipped cream and strawberry-rhubarb pie. (It was a white Christmas if you celebrated it two days after the calendar as I did tonight.)

A protein bar. I cannot look at anymore food and a half a turkey is left in the fridge and so many leftovers and a ton of cookies which I don't eat because I gave up sugar. Does somebody want to come over and eat? lol. This food has to go before I do!

We had leftovers too tonight: leftover cheese florentine ravioli with creamy shrimp sauce.

This is a dish I've been dreaming of making for weeks now, since I perfected my noodle recipe. It came out really well, and was even better the second night, warmed up.

We still haven't done our turkey. We'd planned to do it Friday, but Wednesday, a friend needed my husband's help getting to and from a company Christmas party. I'd been nagging him to make bread for days before that, so I could make the croutons for the stuffing, but he didn't get around to it.

Then Thursday, our power went out for about 7 hours. Ugh!

The damned turkey is still hanging over our heads. Maybe tomorrow. Why is turkey such an ordeal?? This is the perfect sized turkey for us:

600.jpg

Guest n*gu**6

chicken vegetable stir fry on a bed of white rice, and the very best of company.

Have a pork loin roast in the oven, but we're actually going to have finger food. It's been our New Year's eve tradition for 13 years now.

Guest n*gu**6

Took out a chicken to roast and probably have Alfredo pasta and garlic toast with it.

Spatchcock turkey, dressing, broccoli and mashed potatoes. Should be good.

Edit:

I didn't eat any of it. Actually didn't cook the broccoli or mashed potatoes. Major back pain, didn't feel up to it.

Guest N***he**Ont**y

Ribs with honey garlic sauce, fries and slaw washed down with a Stella Artois beer.

Guest n*gu**6

A spectacular garlic penne Alfredo with lemon almond chicken and garlic toast