hBefore I get worn out reading all the new posts and topics, I think I had better start this thread. I was trying to find last years thread on this topic, but it isn't that easy to search for it lol.

So, anyone watching Big Brother 14 this year? I know there was a topic on this about last season, so pretty sure there is a fan or two here.

One of the things about the show is that it is on 3 days a week. So already if you watch you are locked into crazy amounts of TV each week for one program. Next thing is new this year they show 3 hours called Big Brother After Dark which is presented in the US on Showtime, but in my area on Slice. So 3 days a week x one hour regular programs, plus 7 days a week 3 hour program shown late nights every night, = an insane 24 hours a week (less commercials).

I am just hoping that I lose interest in the nightly shows soon, but even so, I'm not the craziest out there. To my own credit, I do not stay up until 2am to watch these 3 hour episodes lol.

They show a 24/7 live feed online you can sign up for (for a fee), so I am not the nuttiest bar on the shelf because I never have done that. This is the first year I have seen any of this unedited version of events as they happen, so that's interesting too.

Of note, 4 previous houseguests returned this year as 'coaches", and one new cast member was Kara Monaco, Playboy Playmate of the year 2006. :)

1341441913_9671_kara.jpg

I've been watching Big Brother since season 1! I know the game inside and out. I've never subscribed to the live feed because I can find out online. I just found out that Big Brother is coming to Canada next year!

My thoughts so far:

I really don't want the coaches to enter the game. I feel like it would be pointless of having them in the first place. They just entered the house with immunity for 3 weeks. Makes no sense to me!

-Janelle is one of my all time favourite player.

-Boogie is a great player but his arrogance will get the best of him (i.e last weeks POV competition).

-Will & Britney they don't seem to know what they are doing in terms of coaching.

• Like 1

I have watched Big Brother since it started. Yes it is on 3 times a week but it is like a Soap Opera, you can miss a couple shows and watch all the recaps they do on every show. I don't watch the After Dark shows and I don't subscribe to the 24 hr feeds, but I do enjoy the TV show.

I think sometimes the show is underestimated in its' difficulty. Think about it, no TV, Internet, Radio, nothing, you have to live with people 24/7 for 2-3 months without these things.

And I do have a crush on Britney, her sharp wit and hot looks make her very fun to watch.

I have watched Big Brother since it started. Yes it is on 3 times a week but it is like a Soap Opera, you can miss a couple shows and watch all the recaps they do on every show. I don't watch the After Dark shows and I don't subscribe to the 24 hr feeds, but I do enjoy the TV show.

I think sometimes the show is underestimated in its' difficulty. Think about it, no TV, Internet, Radio, nothing, you have to live with people 24/7 for 2-3 months without these things.

And I do have a crush on Britney, her sharp wit and hot looks make her very fun to watch.

I do like Britney a lot as well. I think that it will be predictable about how it plays out in upcoming shows, as it seems the most unpleasant ones are the ones who last longest. No one ever takes the time to get rid of the real threats!! lol

There are times you look at Britney and she is just incredibly beautiful. More so now she is a couple of years older than her season.

big-brother.jpg?d=600

If you watched the After Dark you would get insight into how devious and unpleasant and out right liar Janelle is behind people's backs, the same with Wil and Joe for that matter. Ashley comes off as a bit ditzy, but really she fits in really well wiith that crew on many levels. Very devious.

If you watched the After Dark you would get insight into how devious and unpleasant and out right liar Janelle is behind people's backs, the same with Wil and Joe for that matter. Ashley comes off as a bit ditzy, but really she fits in really well wiith that crew on many levels. Very devious.

I don't watch BB afterdark or subscibe to the 24/7 feed but I read the forums. The editing really shows the houseguest in a certain light. You don't see their many faces. The cause of Willie's expulsion was worst than what they actually aired.

I refer to the non-threat people as floaters. They just float by week by week because no one thinks they are a direct threat until the end when its hard to get rid of them. There's something about Ian that I love. I think he will go far in the game.

It doesn't surprise me about Janelle, I always thought she was a phoney.

I refer to the non-threat people as floaters. They just float by week by week because no one thinks they are a direct threat until the end when its hard to get rid of them. There's something about Ian that I love. I think he will go far in the game.

I, unlike a lot of folks, have nothing against floaters, I think it's a talent like any other to get through the game.

I like Ian too, he's a geek and an outsider, I hope he goes far.

Edited by billybob

I like Ian too, altho I don't like the ones who make a proclamation and won't sway from it. Like he won't vote out someone who can't further him in the game or against the team. I can see floaters always being left behind, not this week, not this week, etc, same as with Brendon and Rachel last year. Until finally it is too late and they win.

I must say Willie was right about one thing: they are individuals and should play like any other BB game. Not as a team and not be afraid to make alliances that they stick with. It was the downfall of Dan's team, Britney's team and the next target's 'team' will go the same way. You can't be in a team if the team is a target. And there will only be one winner, so more reason to make an alliance that makes you part of 1 or 2 other 'teams",.

Janelle was trying to initiate a blow up with Jojo with some lies, I assume to make sure that no one would vote for her if she went ballistic. Jojo at the end of the live feed clearly wasn't going to, and took some of the wind out of Janelle's sails. Janelle specifically trying to get Danielle into feeling like crap pretending Jojo was calling her fat, etc. Now she's telling Wil and Joe to go lie to Shane's face about making a deal with him for next week, to say they won't put him up but just turn around and do it anyway even if he does put up Frank.

I'd like to see Frank, Shane and Danielle in the final 3 fwiw. I like Frank, much more honest than Wil and Joe. I thought Ashley was on the wrong team, but it seems pretty obvious she really is more like Wil and Joe and Janelle than first thought. I am a fan of showmances, and the only ones most likely are Shane and Danielle lol.

Well Joe and Ashley. Honestly I'm already tired of Ashley, the airhead thing gets old fast. Joe well, don't have a strong feeling either way.

I will say I am not liking the coach thing this year, I think it cuts down on the strategy talk by the regular players.

Things change fast in the game but I think Frank and Shane could make it until the end if they play their cards right.

BIG FAN SINCE FIST YEAR!!!

Well im not liking the coaches this year! There arfe players that deserve to play and win on their own...that same way its always been played!

I voted NO to the coaches joining the game..they had their chance..too bad!

There is a point to something Ian mentioned again on After dark...some years the game is played for 82 days and some years ist cutt short at 72 days...wonder what this year will bring!

I have watched the after dark alot and I must say that it can leave you alittle confused as the talk is a few days ahead of when its on TV. There are things that were said the other night that still didnt happen on tonights show! Might be good if you are going to miss a few nights and want to keep up.

Well Boogie...been there done that...only everyones on to him and his anticks!!..Frank will be the biggest target bec\ause of him!

Brittany...well i must say she seems to have come along way since she played but not at a coaching level..considering who she is up against.

Janelle...shes Back!! And shes on her game..but another one that everyone knows her game ans I think she will be scrambling back and forth to make and maintain deals as she is not the most loved player ever!

Dan...I think no-one sees him as a threat..I believe he is another one that will need to aline with a strong coach to carry on any farther with his One player. I dont think he is at coaching on BB level...maybe high school sports...yes.

All in all in enjoying this year but dont like the coaching thing..the best so far was Willy, fuck the first week he made BB history!!! HA HA

I look forward to all out thoughts and disputes (friendly) as the season goes on!!!

Ya its Summertime and BB time!

Kisses my fellow BBers!

• Like 1

I'm Britney and Boogie all the way. Go team Britgie, lol. The other ones except maybe the gay guy I don't really care for. I was happy to see jojo go home. I think they should have Rachel in every season, ha, ha, ha. She may get annoying at times but you have to admit she is great to watch. Floaters get a life jacket, lol.

I LOVE BB. I think it's underestimated too. And it's a great study of human nature when locked in a space with no outside contact.

I'm not sure who Im liking or not this season.

I just have to put this out there. What's up with Ian and the teddy bear thing. Do you guys think it's cute or just weird. I'm not sure what I think about that. He seems like a nice enough guy,tho.

I just have to put this out there. What's up with Ian and the teddy bear thing. Do you guys think it's cute or just weird. I'm not sure what I think about that. He seems like a nice enough guy,tho.

I think this guy knows what he's doing, I believe a lot of his antics are to get attention. He's been watching BB since he was a kid. He is a little weird but that's not a negative IMO.

Damn, missed the first half of BB, will catch it later. I think Shane made the right decision, Frank could win this game.

Plus I cannot stand Boogy.

Watched a bit of bbro last night,and really like Janelle and cannot stand that boogie guy. Seems like very ignorant and sneaky at times( but I guess that's how you win the game)

I will try to stay tuned and see what happens at the HoH

3 hours per week for a reality show is a bit much. The broadcaster likely had lined this up because they know it's hard to compete against the like of Olympics.

Someone brought up the question whether the coaches should be allowed to enter the game. I think they should. They should do it sooner so the new players are not outnumbered by the coaches.

Shocker, the coaches are in the game now! I would love tos see Britney, Boogie, Will and Jenelle work together. Those are the only ones in the game I really like to watch. I feel like the other ones are really not in the game yet or they just don't have a good game plan. We will see who wins the power of veto.

3 hours per week for a reality show is a bit much. The broadcaster likely had lined this up because they know it's hard to compete against the like of Olympics.

Nothing to do with the Olympics, it's been that way for a long time.

Shocker, the coaches are in the game now! I would love tos see Britney, Boogie, Will and Jenelle work together. Those are the only ones in the game I really like to watch. I feel like the other ones are really not in the game yet or they just don't have a good game plan. We will see who wins the power of veto.

Not too sure I like this twist. Yes they have to compete, but I feel they have an advantage on the others as they know things the non-coaches dont about each player.

Not too sure I like this twist. Yes they have to compete, but I feel they have an advantage on the others as they know things the non-coaches dont about each player.

When Britney told Wille about her thoughts about the coaches entering the game and Wille told everyone before acting like a crazed gorilla. (good job, Wille,lol.) I would have started campaigning and starting alliances. I think Willie had the right idea he just didn't go about it the right way. I think that it is high time the rest of the house puts on their game faces. It is unfair but the bb house has never been fair and maybe that's why we watch it.

I watched a little of the after dark. Btw, I find it boring compared to the show,show. I can record it on my pvr. The only other person other than Brit, Boogy, Will, Shane and Jenele campaigning was Ashley. I just don't see Ashley going far,tho. The others in the house need to step it up, imo.

The new guys (non-coach) must put all their past woes aside and start an alliance to get all the coaches out of the house. My pecking order will be Janelle, Boogie, Dan and Britney.

Additional Comments:

Nothing to do with the Olympics, it's been that way for a long time.

Oh sorry, I was not aware.

Big Brother has been going on every summer since it started 14 seasons ago. Usually the season starts in May but this year they pushed it back (not sure why).

I wonder how Shane feels. His HOH was useless.

It would be wise if the non-coach players made an alliance against the coaches. But i'm not sure if they can all come together and patch their differences. I think the coaches will form an alliance with a few houseguest just to have the voting numbers (i.e Boogie can convince Ian, and Britney with Shane). Another theory I have is that Boogie will try to form an alliance with the non-coaches to try to evict the other 3 coaches.

That's a really good point because he was in a position to get Frank out of the game which would have been HUGE. Frank is a really good player.

Sid Vicious is Frank's father !!! I used to watch wrestling all the time, Sid was a huge asshole in the ring, his son seems like a genuinely nice guy.

As far as the coaches go, reality shows are always bringing back past players, not a fan of that but not much I can do about it, it will continue to happen on all those types of shows.

Not a Boogie fan but he said one of the best lines ever:

"This is the Big Brother House, you CAN bounce checks!"

Big Brother has been going on every summer since it started 14 seasons ago. Usually the season starts in May but this year they pushed it back (not sure why).

It would be wise if the non-coach players made an alliance against the coaches. But i'm not sure if they can all come together and patch their differences. I think the coaches will form an alliance with a few houseguest just to have the voting numbers (i.e Boogie can convince Ian, and Britney with Shane). Another theory I have is that Boogie will try to form an alliance with the non-coaches to try to evict the other 3 coaches.

Last time there were more newbies than returning guests, the vets wiped the floor with the newbies. Just like will happen this year, even tho they have the prior example.

I like the After Dark because I find the actual shows twist what is really happening behind the scenes. They leave an impression that isn't real, like that Boogie is all bad, and Janelle is a victim or even that she is a nice person. None of that is true. Boogie is working hard to keep someone in the game, even at the expense of an alliance that could get him further. He isn't and wasn't interested in that. He feels he'd win at the coaching title, what he really wanted, if he can keep Frank in the game and to the end. He's willing to be nominated and expelled to help that happen.

Janelle is ready to put up her own team members, and promise anything, in order to keep all 4 coaches in the game. The only alliance she is interested in is the 4 coaches. Dan is sneaky because from last night's After Dark it seems clear that is also what he wants. This is probably the only opportunity anyone will ever have to get Janelle out, and he is trying really hard to tell Danielle (who really really wants to do it) that it actually won't be a good idea.

She is right, J will be after her and Shane. The thing is will she trust Dan? Because she shouldn't. He has no intention of taking her to the end, but she is useful right now. He only wants to be Boogies partner, and the only way to get himself there is to get Frank out. It makes no sense to not align with Boogies suggestion, which is Frank, Shane, Brit, Danielle, Dan and Boogie. If they don't, Boogie will go to Janelle, and work to get them out, he is unlikely to work with Dan and Britney as a coach team.

That's my thoughts after staying up until 2 fricking AM last night to watch the full 3 hours lol.

With the After Dark, I think you have to PVR it (I do and I don't usually watch the whole thing), and I think that you have to commit to all the shows or nothing. And yes, there are times when all they show is Danielle in the tub shaving her legs, or 4 guys sitting at the table staring at nothing.

And Wil needs to take out the extensions. They do not look good, and he's picking at his scalp all the time. It is really not attractive. :)

• Like 1

Poor Danielle, she is Dan's pond. She should have done what she wanted to, nominate Boogie and Frank.

Dan is a great player, really sleazy, I see him going all the way.

• Like 1