I don't trust them from what they did to me last week when I PVRed it as per the schedule (it was half an hour in progress when my recording started), so I am recording all of survivor (bleh) followed by BB

I don't think the outcome will at all be surprising to anyone checking the live feed report on jokersupdates or watching the After Dark show nightly. The editing of the hourly show is, shall we say, interesting, but not always based in what is actually happening outside of the careful editing lol

A few random thoughts about the finale:

Wow, I am proud of Ian, he handled the questions and his final speech as well as he could. He out did Dan easily in the final 2 parts, IMO.

I was surprised that Ian was so surprised that Dan lied to him but in the end he won so I guess it worked out.

Why do Shane and Danielle look awkward every time they show some sort of affection?

It went by quick but, where Ian and his Dad wearing the same shirt, so cute.

Well I enjoyed watching the entire season and I enjoyed talking about it on this thread.

Oh, and did Britney look beautiful tonight or what? I may have mentioned that before, I may have a crush :).

• Like 2

AHAHAHA I actually watched during a call.

Way to go Ian. Two of the best players went head to head I woulda been happy with the outcome either way, but defiantly good for Ian. He played a good game :)

Ian....yes!

Has no one considered there is also another factor which plays into the decision of the jurors? Who has money already and who scrapes by on crumbs right now. Remember the emotion Ian showed when he received the $3000 from Frank? With all that Dan did to create enemies, no wonder it was a 6-1 vote! Except for Danielle who is so gullible still voted for Dan, otherwise it would have been 7-0.

Way to go Ian!

Did anyone not notice after ALL the houseguests were brought back, there was still someone missing? First time I've ever seen that. Willie must be a real loser!

• Like 1

Has no one considered there is also another factor which plays into the decision of the jurors? Who has money already and who scrapes by on crumbs right now. Remember the emotion Ian showed when he received the $3000 from Frank? With all that Dan did to create enemies, no wonder it was a 6-1 vote! Except for Danielle who is so gullible still voted for Dan, otherwise it would have been 7-0.

I think the jurors' decision was pretty clear. They want to give the prize to the person who played a cleaner game. Ian was that player. Gotta admit. It's pretty awesome to see a little guy who was able to stand eye to eye against a villain Dan who had been labeled the best player ever to date.

Danielle Danielle Danielle. It's to show that some will never get it. What nice thing can be said to someone who got fooled four times over?

Did anyone not notice after ALL the houseguests were brought back, there was still someone missing? First time I've ever seen that. Willie must be a real loser!

Willie likely didn't get invited back for the finale. Pretty sure he would try to make a million excuses for his behavior.

The post has been removed - because it is in the wrong thread

Edited by Luckyme
posted in the wrong thread

I still have the "danielle" look on my face after she voted for dan saying she had to stick to her alliance......silly girl.... Even after dan burned her alliance multiple times she still would stick by him....duh!

But i would still tap her ass.

Posted via Mobile Device

its been bought to my attention that the saying I watched the finale while I'm working makes me seem unprofessional. So to clarify, He was watching it too lol

Anyone remember this guy? He wasn't asked back either :).

http://bigbrother.wikia.com/wiki/Justin_Sebik

I remember a guy who was evicted by production for appearing threatening with a knife, and the reason why there aren't any real sharp knives allowed on the set any more.

I was very glad Ian won, but I never realized how much he would win by. If Danielle hadn't made a point of voting for Dan (and watching it was clear she did NOT want to do it, but was doing it out of principle -- having said she would do something, she was making a point to him specifically) the vote would have been 7-0 against Dan. Considering his entire motivation for doing the show in the first place was to win again, this must have been a humbling experience to know that the first time he won 7-0, the 2nd time he lost 7-0 (essentially, if we know Danielle's vote would have been against him)

If you checked on jokersupdates reports of the live feeds, you'd have known Tuesday night that Dan was planning to throw the final competition to Ian. He already knew Ian would choose him, and this way he figured he had a for sure vote (Danielle's) in the jury (because yes she is that dumb). In the backyard, at 2am Wednesday morning, he was timing his pre vote jury speech and not once did he do a version referring to Danielle, it was all about sitting next to Ian.

When Danielle was listening to the 3rd comp scores on the questions and heard Dan miss the first one, she must have suspected something by that time. When he missed the next 2 as well, and Ian wasn't missing any of them, she would know for sure he was throwing it in order to get her evicted.

I was only surprised by Jenn's vote. She seemed to like Dan's style, but surprisingly didn't vote for him. It could have been because of the answers to the Jury question, or Ian's speech, which was pretty good. I thought Britney would have voted for game play, but either way, Ian played a good game and her vote to him was cool.

I thought in the end Ian actually performed better in the game as a whole. Dan made an arrogant and collosal error in judgment thinking that Ian was the best one to be beside. Considering that Danielle never made a move without him, she would be the 'floater' to sit beside, in spite of her comp wins. By the time he evicted Shane, the majority of the Jury would see that she wasn't playing she was being dragged as a human shield for Dan, and someone who could win comps for him.

If he had sat beside Danielle, he could have used the whole "coach takes player to the end" argument. People would have respected that, and noted that Danielle was his puppet, not a player, and he might have gotten the votes. He also would have been able to promote his reality books with that win too. Britney would have voted for him, and there would be others who wouldn't have rewarded Danielle for being such a damn fool thru the show when it came to Dan's playing her.

I'm glad he didn't win the 500,000. He shouldn't have even been there for the $50,000. He took that from legitimate players, imo. Ian was pissed to learn about the F2 with Danielle, but really, why didn't it occur to him that Dan had one with her? All it would have taken was the two of them to actually discuss it, plus even tho Danielle's information about Dan was scripted by Dan, in the After Dark, alot was true. If Ian had paid attention, he would have evicted Dan. And had he evicted Dan, that would have been a really important move as well, and put him very near the top of great players in the game. At the end tho, chalk him up to yet another one tricked by Dan to get Dan closer to what Dan wanted lol.

Additional Comments:

Big Brother Canada will be starting in February, 2013, I believe. So new topic for then ??

• Like 1

If you checked on jokersupdates reports of the live feeds, you'd have known Tuesday night that Dan was planning to throw the final competition to Ian. He already knew Ian would choose him, and this way he figured he had a for sure vote (Danielle's) in the jury (because yes she is that dumb).

Wow, that is shocking to me, just goes to show you as well as Dan played the game his final decision probably cost him the win. I cannot imagine the jury voting for Danielle, Dan should have realized they would have seen that he carried her to the end.

I was only surprised by Jenn's vote. She seemed to like Dan's style, but surprisingly didn't vote for him. It could have been because of the answers to the Jury question, or Ian's speech, which was pretty good. I thought Britney would have voted for game play, but either way, Ian played a good game and her vote to him was cool.

Like you I think that Ian outperformed Dan in his answers to the questions and his final speech, I was pleasantly surprised. Also, Dan's constant smile on the final show was nauseating, it was like he thought he already won.

I knew Dan was going to throw the competition. I still don't understand why he would do that. Did he really think he had a chance against Ian?

(Just some afterthought)

Big Brother Canada will be starting in February, 2013, I believe. So new topic for then ??

Just saw a commercial with Dr. Will and Boogy for BB Canada, pretty funny.

Big Brother Canada airs February 27th on Slice.

Wednesday at 9 pm

Thursday at 10 pm

Sunday at 9 pm

14 houseguests (names will be disclosed in a few days).

$100 000 prize...I wonder how much second place is.

This is the only show I watch religiously so I'm petty excited for the Canadian version.

• Like 3

We definitely need to start a new thread!

I'm pretty excited that we finally have our own Canadian Big Brother, but I'm afraid that the production values are going to be terrible given that the "grand" prize is only $100,000 and second is likely to be $50,000. It's also being filmed in Toronto, so what kind of environment they put them in will be very interesting. I pray for their sake's that they get an outdoor space. They must, right?

With 14 contestants, that likely gives us a 10 or 11 week season which is a pretty good length for really developing our attachments to the contestants. What I don't want to see happen is the show devolve into the European style of BB (hookups, showers, cleavage and catfights) and won't follow the American gamesmanship version.

I have to agree with everything you've said. I was a little surprised by the prize money but can't say I was shocked given the fact it's a Canadian show.

I am a huge BB fan and I will tune into this show but I may not watch it to it's completion depending on what type of show it becomes.

http://www.cerb.ca/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=430152

I wasn't surprised by the grand prize, i expect it to be much lower. I expect the 2nd prize to be a lot lower than 50,000 tho, maybe 10 to 20 tops at 25,000?

I have no idea what possessed them to do it in Toronto in the winter. They don't even have a slim chance of doing anything outdoors, and they have built the set completely to be indoors anyway, fwiw.

Alot of what makes the US one interesting is that regionally different people coming together is more dynamic. New York people are different than Texans who are different from people from California or Las Vegas. It is difficult to find such regional differences in Canada, to that same extent at least, or to the extent of making it interesting.

I do think however there will be more black people in the Canadian version, and possibly someone asian, but probably not. I expect to see the older guy, the nerdy guy, and other traditional 'characters', but a lot of what makes up Canada are actually different cultures, not these standard BB characters so much. I will watch but probably would be more interested if they were able to do the show and show this mosaic at the same time.