A cerb book club.

Do you guys want to start a cerb book club. We can have a cerb book club group and we can talk about different books each month. If so what should the first book be. I have not picked up a good novel in a little while. The last book I have read was Room. We can talk about the book via this tread or start a new thread for each book. So what do you guys think and what book should we choose this month?

Oh yes we can have polls of what books to choose for the next month to keep it fair and fun.

The cerb book social group was just made. Anyone can join. You can find the cerb book club in the social group area.

Here are some suggestions of books to read.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/03/best-summer-books-2012_n_1643837.html

What are the books you want to read cerb member? Make some suggestions. I will pick 5 of your suggestions and make a poll in a couple of days. I will then give the poll a week to give people a fair chance to choose the book of their choice, so we can have a book to read for the end of this month and September.

Edited by Guest

Count me in, Peachy!

I don't know most of the books on the HuffPost list, but I'll try whatever people want to read. I haven't read The Hunger Games; I keep wondering whether I should, then forget it when I'm near a bookstore.

Guest jake_cdn

I am in and would also suggest to include not just new books but lesser known books that you have read that were a surprise and enthralling read.

Edited by jake_cdn

Probably best to start a social group and we'll go from there.

I'm just catching up on some titles I never got around to. Pray, Eat, Love is my next one.

Guest S****r

Although I have already read The Hunger Games. I recommend them, though! I enjoyed them!

From your list, maybe Gone Girl?

I look forward to it!

I am in and would also suggest to include not just new books but lesser known books that you have read that we're a surprise and enthralling read.

Great point. You can suggest any book new or old popular or not. Their's no resrictions to what books you can choose. Suggesting books that you actually want to read is the point of the cerb book club. The point of the club too is to choose books you otherwise would not read. Now the question is what is your book suggestion?

So far the book selections are: The hunger games by Suzanne Collins

Eat, pray, love by Elizabeth Gilbert

Gone girl by Gillian Flynn

Summer great choice in gone girl this is the one I want to read too.

Guys make your suggestions of what novel you would like to read now because tomorrow will be the first annual book club poll. The poll will last a week and the the first book for our book club will be announced.

I expect that I shall take part in this book club.

Be aware however that I have never been in one previously and that I have no idea of what it actually means or how it works. Also, as much as I love to read, I am also probably what would be called an immature reader as most of what I read would be under popular fiction and rarely would I voluntarily choose to read something 'heavy'.

However, that being said, perhaps this is an opportunity to broaden my horizons. :)

MN2

I expect that I shall take part in this book club.

Be aware however that I have never been in one previously and that I have no idea of what it actually means or how it works. Also, as much as I love to read, I am also probably what would be called an immature reader as most of what I read would be under popular fiction and rarely would I voluntarily choose to read something 'heavy'.

However, that being said, perhaps this is an opportunity to broaden my horizons. :)

MN2

It is just once a month we all make suggestions of what book we want to read and talk about. After that a poll will be made and the selections will be narrowed down to 5 books. the poll lasts a week. After everyone has had a chance to take part in the poll the selected book gets announced and everyone can start talking about the book.

It is a perfect opportunity to broaden your horizons and that's why I wanted to do this too. I have not picked up a good novel in a while because nothing was appeling to me. It gives you a chance to read a book you otherwise would not. It is also a good opportunity for the members of cerb to take part in a fun, interactive, positive thread.

Not everyone here on cerb can get together and have an open discussion about books. So why not just have a thread taking about the book we are reading instead. The internet is great for building bridges and for the opportunity to do something like this.

Guest jake_cdn

The Steig Larsson trilogy was the best read that I had over the last years ( The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, The Girl Who Played with Fire and The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets' Nest )

This is a great idea, as a part-time writer myself with a trilogy in the works and the first book to be published in the next year or so, I find these kind of blogs if you will to be very useful, not only in discussing mutually appreciated books, or those even that we didn't like, but It also allows people like me in the process of writing to see what people's interests are, what they liked about a particular novel etc etc...an extremely valuable tool for a writer :-), looking forward to participating....lately because of the nature of my current novel I've been reading Novels I would not normally read, however for those who love Vampire romance novels The Black Dagger Brotherhood is a great series...I've also just finished a lengthy read called CHE, which basically is the life of Che Guevara, a great but long read for those interested in those types of books...

Great idea! I always have the "I need to read that!" and never get around to it as I'm in the middle of a half dozen books at the time...

cat

I was an avid reader in my younger days; my favorites were suspense and spy mysteries with also some romantic novels added in. Nowadays I read mostly books on traditional martial arts and philosophy, and journals/magazines including scientific, martial arts and sports like golf, tennis etc. A bookclub like this would probably entice me to go back to reading some serious stuff like everyone else is reading, lol..

I may not be able to participate reading anything "serious" rightaway, but I will take note and hopefully something will peak my interest. So, please count me in.

What a great idea!

I would love to read "Lullabies for Little Criminals" by Heather O'Neill. I also want to read "The Virgin Cure" by Ami McKay.

I am intrigues by fifty shades of grey

Really enjoying this trilogy myself. Oh Christian!!! Very easy read and super addictive. But really, how do they have that much sex? Sometimes, I want to throw the book across the room!

i am in the trilogy of fifty shades of grey it is amazing book

funny thing a client of mine referred to me as ana LOL

i would love to be part of this :)

i am in the trilogy of fifty shades of grey it is amazing book

funny thing a client of mine referred to me as ana LOL

i would love to be part of this :)

Hello, Emily

You are more than welcome to join. Everyone is welcome to take part in the cerb book club. Here is the link to join.

http://www.cerb.ca/vbulletin/group.php?groupid=160

Also the cerb book clubs first poll is taking place as we speak. You can also join in the poll and help choose one of the five books.

http://www.cerb.ca/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=102089