:icon_biggrin:Well I can be:icon_lol: but I am speaking of the type we drink. As there is nothing more soothing or relaxing than drinking a nice warm cup of tea. I enjoy Green tea in the morning with my breakfast and a cup in the evening to sip while I'm relaxing. But I have no real experience with different types, or flavors. For all you tea afincionado's some advice? For anyone else, feel free to leave your faves and comments.

There are way too many kinds to really keep up with! Every time I end up at a tea store I have way too many choices. But as for you starting out and wondering about flavours it all really depends on what your taste buds like. There are, black teas, red rooibos tea, herb, green, and white teas. There are probably other ones as well. Black, White and Green tea are actually from the Tea Plant and each have a different taste. Black tea (my favourite and the usually the only one I drink) is the one most people associate the flavour of tea with. There are way too many of them as well. English Breakfast, Earl Grey, Orange Pekoe etc. You just need to find a tea store and get some loose leaf. Its actually allows the most flavour to be diffused into the water and you will really grow an appreciation for tea. If there is a David`s Tea store where you are I suggest them. (They have a black tea from Kenya, called appropriately Kenyan Black that is probably the strongest and full flavoured black tea ever!) There are a few things you need to brew loose leaf properly but you can just buy bags you can fill to start off.

But like I said, you just need to start tasting teas to see what you like. There are way too many to say, "This one is the best". I had one just the other day with actual popcorn in it. It was really good. I hope I have answered some of your questions in regards to teas.

BIgwilly

I love drinking tea. Tea is a social ritual, a way to bond, a way to warm up, a moment of pause.

Lately I've been enamoured by a hibiscus-lemongrass tea that I discovered this summer.

Peppermint has also been my preference as of late. Fresh mint from the garden is best.

A chai latte is practically dessert.

I assert that there is a tea for every occasion. It just requires a little experimentation on your part.

• Like 1

It's the first order of business in the morning, putting on a pot of Red Rose/Orange Pekoe. Once steeped I sit and read for an hour with a cup or two while reading the the Globe and Mail for my news fix. It's probably 11 before I consider the first coffee of the day. Also I don't think there is anything more refreshing in the heat than a cuppa tea.

When I am just reflecting on the day I like a cup of Earl Grey tea.

When I have company I will serve Red Rose tea.

I love all types of tea... White, black, yellow, green, herbal, fruit..

I have a soft spot for chai with raw sugar and a bit of cream.

Lately I've been drinking a Milky Oolong, flavored Earl Grey and Rooibos.

I also love Matcha.

I highly suggest finding a local tea shop, (they're in more places than you'd think.)

There's a great tea shop in Quebec, (they have an online store as well..) they have lovely mixes and a large variety of teas to give you an idea of what's out there. www.tealux.ca

My favourite tea is English Breakfast. I even drink it in the evening sometimes. I also love white or green chai.

I love that there are so many varieties of green tea to choose from. My favourite green tea, though, is ginger and green tea. I also love green with jasmine.

On warm evenings I find peppermint tea really pleasant. I also love chamomile or calendula tea on occasion. The one category of tea I don't like would be most fruity blends of tea. They're just never really appealed to me.

I like all teas but my current fave is a blueberry tea made with blueberry leaves, lemongrass and ginkgo leaves. It has some ginger, sage and ginseng root in it too.

Guest *ig*a**

My fav has to be Twinings lemon ginger herbal tea.

Posted via Mobile Device

Green tea or green tea with Jasmine after breakfast when I sit down in front of my pc, then English Breakfast or Darjeeling tea with milk in the afternoon.

Loose leaf tea is definitely the only way to go in my opinion...

Flavoured white and green teas are my favourite. Very delicate flavours and they are highest in antioxidants.

David's Tea is my favourite tea shoppe ever! They have every and any kind of tea your heart could ever desire! There are many locations across the country, and you can order online too:

http://www.davidstea.com

A few of my favourites are:

Toasted Walnut green tea

Organic Strawberry white tea

Forever Nuts Herbal

Chocolate Chili Chai black tea

Lime Gelato green tea

Oh Canada herbal

I have to agree with Emily J, I'm a big fan of David's Teas as well.

forever nuts is awesome and if you eat oatmeal you can actually sprinkle that on your oatmeal afterwards.

they have a chocolate peppermint tea, which is also really good

• Like 1

Having grown up in the UK, I have a strong affection for tea. It is a way of life, even during my time in the military we would stop for tea if we could. My personal favorite is Twinings Irish Breakfast tea. Wonderful stuff!!!

• Like 1

Guest S**a*Q

I'm not sure what kind of tea this is but I call it Japanese popcorn tea. --(It has little white popcorns in it) It's loose leaf green tea, but there's also fermented rice in it, along with the little popcorns. I think it's called green tea with fermented rice. It has a really earthy flavour. You can get a bag of it at that Asian T&A Superstore in the south end for 10$.

Looked it up, it's called Genmai Cha Tea.

http://www.adagio.com/green/genmai_cha.html

I just picked up a new tea that I'm excited to try. It's the Gingerbread Spice tea. I assume out because of Xmas.

Guest C**Tra****er

I've never been one who likes hot beverages, but one of the ladies that I used to frequent fairly often turned me on to green tea and jasmine tea. I enjoy both if those quite a bit, but I haven't really ventured outside of my comfort zone. I'll try some of the teas that others have suggested; you never know, I might find something new that I like.

Guest Ou**or**n

It may be a classic but I love a good Earl Grey loose leaf tea blend from the likes of Teopia. I greatly prefer the blends with real bergamot orange rinds instead of just the oil extract.

I'm a strong tea kinda guy. I drink lots of Roiboos, and if I have the chance for it, I'll drink Irish Breakfast (the tea for coffee lovers, as someone described it).

Roiboos has lots of health benefits too.

• Like 1

I've always wanted to try that tea that blossoms into a flower when you steep it. I'm sure it would be tasty.

I've only seen it at the Bay though so it was kind of pricey.

I drink ALL OF THE TEAS!

I never put anything in them, but I can drink it all day. My current favourite is a floral-fruity blend that is just sweet enough on it's own called "Angel Mist Falls". Also can never go wrong with Celestial Seasonings, but I prefer to buy loose tea in bulk!