I'm really very fortunate to have made a number of good friends through CERB, and I think I'm not unique. I know of a number of situations where client and provider have unselfishly helped one another under difficult situations.

I'm a bit anxious today as I'm going in for eye surgery tomorrow, and had been told that I wouldn't be allowed to leave unless I had someone there to see that I got home safely. This is a bit difficult as I'm a widower and live alone, my kids have long since left the nest. When I mentioned it to one of the service providers here, she graciously agreed to accompany me. As luck would have it I've been able to find someone a little closer to home, but none the less it shows that this lady has a big heart. I think we should award a gold star now and then for good deeds.

So, I'd like to give Angela of Ottawa a gold star for being there for me.

• Like 9

first off, i hope everything goes well for you. as you know i am in the same boat, being a widower and alone. i might have to have another shoulder surgery and have been told i need a knee replacement in a couple years and i dont have anyone here. thanks for the heads up so i can clear this with them before i get to the hospital.just a question? what so they do if a person does not have anyone or if they are homeless? say sorry but we cannt help you?

Anyone that goes above and beyond kindness most assuredly deserves to be noted. She has been nice to me as well , so I too will thank her and I will sincerely say if you were here and reached out I would have helped, all you have to do is ask:icon_biggrin:.I wish you a good outcome, don't worry you'll be fine.

Good luck to you tomorrow Boomer with the eye surgery and kudos to Angela for helping you out as well.

Having met Angela socially, and having seen and heard how she seems to be the big supporter and helper for so many of the women of Cerb, I am not in the least surprised that she has offered to help you out in this way.

Yet another example of what a fine community of people that this is.

• Like 1

Wow, I'm impressed. Now there's a classy lady with a heart of pure gold :)

All the best to you Boomer.

Boomer, good luck with the surgery.

A big shout out

to Angela & her generosity

and to you as well

for saying a public thank you.

Class acts, both of you, all the way!!!

Sandi

• Like 1

Guest *ig*a**

Angela that was a very nice thing to do. You are a classy lady.

Posted via Mobile Device

Wow, thank you, Boomer for the accolades. I know you would do the same for me. You've been a good friend.

Good luck with the surgery. You're going to make out just fine.

This is great, Boomer. There are real friendships here, no doubt about it.

I hope you're doing well.

Good luck Boomer on your eye surgery.

Angela is an extremely nice lady and we at CERB are lucky to have her amongst us. I'm glad to say I'm happy I have met her in the past and find her to be an exceptional person.

Boomer I hope you are doing well and having met you at the social your a great and fun gentleman. Until we meet again, someday.

Now Angela, you my friend are the type of woman and friend that words can not describe and after all this time and getting to finally meet you. You were and are everything I expected and more. I'm so happy Boomer had you there for him.

All my Love to you Both,

Lexy