police surveillance on a well known stripper residence

Two nights in a row now I go drop off some of the girls at a stripper residence in Gatineau, and both nights a cruiser is waiting for me. Both times I get questioned severely as to why I am there and the "profession" of the girls.

Not that I am doing anything wrong, but anyone else who does the same may want to steer clear for a while.

backrubman is right, they're probably just looking for drugs. However, where there are drugs there is sometimes a pimp as well, and there are certainly dancers who find themselves in situations with one. Not saying that your friends do, but if it's a "stripper residence," perhaps that's why it's being targeted specifically.

• Like 1

Nothing illicit about the place as far as I know. Cop definitely seemed interested about the location though. -shrug- Just figured I'd pass the info along.

Nothing illicit about the place as far as I know. Cop definitely seemed interested about the location though. -shrug- Just figured I'd pass the info along.

And much appreciated, although you really offer no actual information about the "place" nor should you ever :)

So all we know is it that "somewhere" is under very visible (even in your face) surveillance.

Your report is not unappreciated, I assure you. It it also nothing to worry about, the police are our friends.

Not saying its particularly worrisome! Just figured some other guys here would rather avoid an hour of sitting there being grilled about stuff you dont really want to answer. And no, I'd never confirm or give out the address. The girls dont need that info circulated. Tough enough job without that.

Oldguy, are you a driver for the dancers? Sounds like something I should check out :)

Not saying its particularly worrisome! Just figured some other guys here would rather avoid an hour of sitting there being grilled about stuff you dont really want to answer.

Exactly, so that is why I say your report is appreciated. Just the same, a nice guy like you who does offer the ladies a ride home will still take the risk of being questioned at the destination. Good for them to know it is happening though and also there is nothing to fear from it. In fact, I'm sure it's not an hour, right? In any event, if you provide them with the basic information they request after about 5 minutes you have every right to say, ok, have a nice night officer I'm out of here. If they want to question you anymore than that they best start telling you why :)

And no, I'd never confirm or give out the address. The girls dont need that info circulated. Tough enough job without that.

Of course, anyone's address is private information. So your warning is a good one because it might keep someone similarly questioned from over reacting. I never fear the police and I think they can sense when someone does and it always makes it worse.

So I'm driving along with an American friend and he is speeding (just a little) and we get stopped. So he gets out of the car with his hands over his head right away (but this is Canada), so I follow suit. Poor police officer was so confused he didn't know what to do, so he says, no, no, no I'm not going to shoot you, just wanted to ask you to slow down a bit. Didn't even ask to see his license but must have realized he was an American? :) We were back on our way very quickly. Yes, I have been stopped in the states and asked to exit the vehicle with my hands over my head and a gun pointed at me over nothing, quite unnerving.

In fact, I'm sure it's not an hour, right?

Actually with both stops added up it was an hour... Most of that spent sitting there while he went back to his car with my papers.

• Like 1

Actually with both stops added up it was an hour... Most of that spent sitting there while he went back to his car with my papers.

Oh dear, that is dreadful and a little beyond -- almost intentional -- no must have been intentional, bad policeman!

Guest *ig*a**

All I can say is that Gatineau is a hotbed for high level coke distributors which could be what they are scoping out. ie:biker activity.

hmm, good information from all, including bigdawg, seems like it would be very prudent Gatineau gents and others who cross the river to be very careful.

I'm a little naive, why is there a special stripper residence? Is this for out-of-town girls?

i believe so...a lot come from montreal and stay for a period of time, weekend or longer.

Two nights in a row now I go drop off some of the girls at a stripper residence in Gatineau, and both nights a cruiser is waiting for me. Both times I get questioned severely as to why I am there and the "profession" of the girls.

Not that I am doing anything wrong, but anyone else who does the same may want to steer clear for a while.

Old guy,

Unless you are a person of interest indentified, then you have nothing to worry about, same rules apply to the girls. They are simply using a tactic to pressure you by providing any valuable info to fill their massive egos. So don't fall for that...

Across the river are certainly not the brightest stars. They run their mouth before using their brains.

I really wonder. is it appropriate for police officers to stop people for dropping off dancers at a private residence? Seems as if they are intentionally making it difficult for the girls. Are they trying to drive them out of the house? Control them? Does this sound like a protection racket?

In Ottawa, a police officer is up on sexual assault charges. It is dangerous dealing with 'crooked cops". The Ottawa police officer up on charges has assaulted other female detainees. I couldn't believe that Ottawa police were breaking the law like I was told. I advised her to get her lawyer involved. All the lawyer did was contact the Ottawa Police and told them to stop doing it. The girl was a drug dealer and I didn't get involved. She did tell me his name and he is the one in court now, claiming that he did nothing wrong... right!

I am afraid that if I was stopped like you were, I would be tempted to answer questions with questions and wind get myself thrown in jail, facing trumped up charges, loosing my security clearance and then my job....

Glad that you handled yourself so well, Old Guy!