What was the last thing you purchased?

My car inspection is finally complete. What a nightmare. In NB, its a $25 inspection. Brakes, windshield, wipers, signals - the basic.

Here in BC, it's a 150 point inspection - $100 to do it. Silly things like Tire pressure sensors (I mean, I know when my tires are low), thermostat (I'm in Victoria, I don't need it to be hot), the automatic window has to work, a small rust hole (I actually enjoyed doing the body work, but man that stuff makes you dizzy - even outside). My mechanic told me to fix the 3 things, so I had them fixed. However, his mechanic was not available that day to finalize it. So, he sent me up the hill to "his buddy". Turns out, the clunking I kept hearing but never mentioned, was something major. So, I ended up getting that fixed - $1500 later. I could have insisted - but the reality is this was a major issue. I was always surprised when I brought my car in for tune ups, this was never mentioned. So, I'm going to the mechanic up the hill, as he actually seems to know what he is doing. My car rides really nice now, so I'm glad I got it fixed.

Funny thing is, when my dog decided to chew the window ceiling arm, when she was left in the car - it's where the curtain air bags are. Didn't know my car had them. Glad she didn't set them off. That would have been enough to set me off and go over the edge.

So - now I get to become a real BC citizen. ICBC here I come. (yes, I know, it's meant with a bit of sarcasm)!

Of course, I won't be able to eat for a while, but at least I now have a safe vehicle. It got me across Canada, so I need to treat her well.

Guest Prufrock Cummings

bought a friend dinner for her birthday last night!

Guest Prufrock Cummings

Just finished buying groceries and got some really excellent items on sale. I just picked up 2 weeks of groceries for only $48. Gotta love when that happens!

Guest Prufrock Cummings

Cepacol. I woke up at 4am with a nasty sore throat. I'm glad for the 24 hour grocery store to be able to get it.

Guest n*gu**6

Lunch out with the family and a barely passable Monti crisco sandwich