Was just going to open a thread about this actually.

Just a reminder and an fyi if anyone is interested. I've been going for the last two years, and it is humbling to say the least.

I've taken immense pride that I can call myself Canadian now. And while I abhor war, I have immense respect for the individuals who selflessly act on the orders of this country. I hate whenever there is a convoy of cars going down the 401 signalling another loss, but I'm always in awe that Canadians line up on bridge after bridge for hours to pay their respect. I thank the women and men who have fought for Canada. Your bravery is inspiring.

National Ceremony of Remembrance, 11 a.m.

War Memorial, located at Elgin and Wellington intersections. A parade of war veterans and pipers will march from Cartier Square Drill Hall toward the War Memorial. The ceremony begins at 10:30 a.m. at the War Memorial. Wreaths will be laid by dignitaries, along with veterans and representatives of the Armed Forces, followed by a moment of silence at 11 a.m..

For other events around Ottawa

• Like 2

I will take the time on Sunday at 11am to stop and appreciate what our soldier have done for our country. And to think that there are parents that are mad that the school have to do it and teach the kids about this, I'm frustrated that some Canadians feel that way.

Great thread Cristy.

Guest C**Tra****er

I will be attending a service at a cenotaph, and I try and go every year. I work with those that serve everyday, and I've had friends that didn't come home. Tomorrow will be an emotional day for me. I urge everyone to take just a minute and pay respect to those that have made the ultimate sacrifice and to those that might follow in their foot steps.

I will be laying a wreath on behalf and in honour of my Dad a Canadian Merchant Navy veteran. He joined up at 16, not many or his era left.

Peace

MG

• Like 1

Lets remember and recognize what they really did. They made the ultimate sacrifice so that we live in peace and harmony instead of war and hate and enjoy freedom and democracy instead of tyranny and dictatorship.

• Like 1

I'll lay a wreath for my brothers in arms that didn't make it back with me. Ill lay one or all those who have laid their life for the country. I'll remember the men who's wives/fiancées and girlfriends that have left them for their sacrifice.(same applies to the ladies) Those who have come home, but only in body, not sound in mind. Those whom have come home only to commit suicide because they could not properly re integrate or could not get past the horrors they seen.

We shall remember.

• Like 1

i love rememberance day as a kid. learning from the past those who volunteer to go over and fight. i'm still in aww every year by those who choose this as a career. bless there hearts. i'll be watching on tv and taking part silence at 11 tomorrow

I share the sentiments of the previous posters. Because my gig today did not end until about 3 am, I know there is no way I can be down-town for today's observance.

If you happened to be driving by the War Memorial at 2:45 am and saw a white stretch limousine stopped by the side of the road, that was me. I took my poppy, laid it on the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, and observed two minutes of silence in the cold gentle rain. I thought it was God crying.

• Like 1

Though I still serve each year I ensure that I attended services. It is truly heartening to see the many men, women and children paying respect. When they approach myself or people in uniform to say thanks, I politely say thank you, but please thank those that cannot be here in body, but are here in spirit because they have payed the ultimate price to the service of their country.

There is a song by Terry-Kelly - A Pittance of Time that I find very touching. I have provided a link to it or at least you can copy and paste it if you haven't heard of it.

• Like 1

Guest N***he**Ont**y

My Grand Father was in "The Great War" at Vimy Ridge. Grandpa THANK YOU FOR WHAT YOU WENT THROUGH. THINKING OF YOU @ 11:00 A.M.!

Guest a**4*

I would like to thank all Vets and service personal and the fallen that have given me and others our freedom and a country we can call ours.Today remember these soldiers they put everything on the line for us i think about what i have today because of these Vets and Soldiers they keep us safe and protect us and even now they still do battle to protect us a Very Very Big Thank-You-you will never be forgotten always remembered in mind-heart-soul.........:ThankYou: