mmmm ya they are. now correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the get rid of those because they were turning even the most respectful people in society into gutter living needle junkies? Way to go guys, just force people to get addicted to this crap. Tisk Tisk

I hear what you are saying, the problem is that some ppl REALLY need it. Like for instance I have a relative with ostio-arthritis and TMJ. Really needs oxycontitin. And by removing it from the her use would be devestating.

I'm very happy to see a generic version of this come out. People with chronic pain a) need medication b) need medication for long periods of time and c)often are removed from working so have less disposable income to spend on drugs. Additionally, for some people taking the most addicting and effective pain killers (Oxycontin and the rest of the opioids), due to decreased life expectancy addiction simply isn't a concern.

Generics are uniformally less expensive than brand name pharmaceuticals and I'm happy that the people that need it will be able to get it less expensively. Chances are, they have enough to worry about without needing to worry about how to pay for brand name pills.

I understand that it's a drug of abuse, but that's a separate issue from the release of the generic.

If we're going to be sensible about painkillers, there's a natural and widely available one that should perhaps be made more legal than it is... :)

If we're going to be sensible about painkillers, there's a natural and widely available one that should perhaps be made more legal than it is... :)

Totally in agreement lmfao!!!!! at least it's definitely an effective pain killer for me lol

Totally in agreement lmfao!!!!! at least it's definitely an effective pain killer for me lol

I agree. My uncle was prescribed morphine for pain management. Morphine! I cannot for the sense of me understand why a drug that's addictive, and can possibly be lethal, be allowed while a more natural one banned.

You boys give a very good point. YES people in pain do need Pain meds and Green does work for some people. Maybe not all (like I'm the type of freak that it seems to make me focus moor on where it hurts) but it helps a majority. I don't understand why such addictive opiates are so easily given! They are incredibly addictive even to people that have none addictive personalities. The Withdraw to get off it makes you incredibly sick and the crap rots your teeth. the only reason I could see for purposely making addicts would be to make more dependent on methadone or even making money off their suffering through detox programs. Its Sick, with today's knowledge with modern medicine there has to be something else less harmful!

I agree. My uncle was prescribed morphine for pain management. Morphine! I cannot for the sense of me understand why a drug that's addictive, and can possibly be lethal, be allowed while a more natural one banned.

Like all drugs, even the natural one can be addictive and lethal if used in the wrong way or for the wrong reasons. Even recreational or medicinal stuff can become a problem when used.

http://www.drugabuse.gov/drugs-abuse/commonly-abused-drugs/commonly-abused-drugs-chart

Like all drugs, even the natural one can be addictive and lethal if used in the wrong way or for the wrong reasons. Even recreational or medicinal stuff can become a problem when used.

http://www.drugabuse.gov/drugs-abuse/commonly-abused-drugs/commonly-abused-drugs-chart

The website you linked has no mention of lethal effects when it comes to said natural option.

One that is lethal, listed with more health effects including depression, hypertension and heart disease is alcohol. From the legal stuff: Risk of death.

I don't care for the legalization, but if society deems alcohol legal despite all its harm, I think society can handle the other stuff. Or ban both, be consistent.

And orange/red scares me

380px-Rational_scale_to_assess_the_harm_of_drugs_%28mean_physical_harm_and_mean_dependence%29.svg.png

• Like 2

These sorts of drugs are just trouble and really making more people sick and companies more money because their tolerance build up on those taking them. Just legalize green if it's really helping people and it is more cost effective.

While I believe that the natural choose is best under most cases, I can say from experience with some injuries I have had in the past, that it doesn't always work for all types of pain.

IE: When I had compound fracture of the tabula, when I would use some, it actually increased my pain about 50%! Mainly due to the fact when we smoke it, it does shrink your blood capillaries, thus causing major pain for inflammation:( But the upside to it, was the pain would increase for about 20 min after, but then it would allow me to get some sleep for about 1 hour. Which was so welcomed as I had spasms all night long.

Now for nausea, or aches, etc yes it can have a desired effect. But for broken bones...not so much in my case anyhow.

I have many ppl close to me, who have falling into the arms of Oxy....sadly for some of them was for treatment of something that coud have been handled with a less addictive medication:(

I think there is a big difference for the 60 year old using it for pain, for a sever chronic pain, then the 25 year old with a sore back!

If you are 25, living with pain, would you not think that this person would be better off learning how to cope and prevent it rather than going on oxy first? I mean...wow you get hooked to oxy at 25...you have a hard road to walk for a very long time!

I have long lasting nerve damage from my injury. They tried to give me all sorts of stuff for it...instead, I learned what triggers my pain and will avoid those scenarios to best I can. I also learned that if I take even Advil and use ice with in the first 20 min of this flair up, then I wont suffer as long.

I think there must be away to regulate a bit better who is in need of something so strong....I mean a doctor that prescribes Oxy to a 25 year old with a sore back is careless!

yes, I also believe they should be teaching coping methods with pain as well. When I broke my ankle they were giving me liquid fentanyl then perscribed me hydromorphene or if I wanted dilata 8. (think oxy is in a class I'm allergic to) I was like WHOA GUYS!! luckily when the pressure is high in the air and I can barley walk, I have discovered a quick stretch out on a elliptical and a soak in the hot tub helps me real well :)