Top 10 Embarrassing Gadgets You Should Stop Using

am i missing something? i don't get it!a bunch of blackberry products ,some online services and a supermodel

You did. The caption for the supermodel reads "There's no way to look cool with a Bluetooth headset" and I have to agree. They are a big help to people that talk to themselves a lot though as it can help them hide that :)

And yeah, the existing BlackBerry line (although it still has a loyal following) is pretty primitive compared to the capabilities of an Android or iPhone.

I get what the writer was about. He thinks these things are not "cool" and no cool person should be seen with them.

Which is OK if you accept that the writer is the final arbiter of what is "cool".

If you don't accept that premise, then this is a list of things he doesn't like. Which is fine. To each his / her own. Some of us have articles on web sites, some of us don't.

If I did, one of the first things I would mark as embarrassing would be people who put up lists of what they find embarrassing. :)

I still have my Blackberry ..:) Reality is I won't be replacing it until something goes wrong on it. For me it is still basically a phone that I check mail and text with. I don't need a higher powered smartphone since I just don't use the apps on them.

• Like 5

Any time anyone attempts to be the referee on cool, it never goes down well. Trying to determine 'cool gadgets', well that's just incredibly lame.

Now excuse me while I put on my headset while driving. You see I like talking on my BlackBerry while driving (good reception and such), but I'm not to fond of the tickets.

Headsets always make me think the person is talking to themself. Even when I realize it's a headset, I still think, I bet they're just pretending to use the headset so that no one thinks they're talking to themself.

• Like 2

Headsets always make me think the person is talking to themself. Even when I realize it's a headset, I still think, I bet they're just pretending to use the headset so that no one thinks they're talking to themself.

Yeah I do it all the time. I'm not really talking to myself, rather the voices in my head... but are they really coming from the bluetooth headset? I'll never tell :)

• Like 1

One thing that I will agree on is that the Blackberry Playbook is useless. Everytime I have tried to use it I just want to smash it to pieces from frustration. It just sits here. I'll keep using my phone and netbook.

wrong area to post. My bad.

Edited by spidee
wrong area

I don't think the guy who wrote that lives in the real world for some of his items.

CD and DVD are still less expensive than memory sticks if you want to give someone something that you don't think you'll get back.

Blackberry devices still work very well in the business world, no they aren't as up to date as iphone or Android(I love Android devices), but my BB does everything I need it to do very well(Calendar, e-mail, voice calling, with my bluetooth headset).

Bluetooths are invaluable for people who spend a lot of time on the road, or use both a desk phone and cell, mine is on from 8-4:30 every day.

And tablet flops, there were tons, all trying to compete with the iPad. Look at the HP Touchpad, which was the first huge flop. The Playbook is right up there too, I had one for a day and returned it, but it was not the biggest flop out there, they're still selling them, while HP got completely out of the business.