Different dancers, different fees - how to deal?

This isn't really specific to Ottawa, but...

An experience I had recently: I was at a club (which shall remain nameless - trying to keep within the guidelines of this forum), and had 'open minded' dances with a couple of different dancers, let's call them 'A' and 'B'. Neither of these dancers mentioned any extra fees for the dances, and everybody had a good time.

Then I had similar dances (3) with a third dancer, 'C'. After the third dance, she says that I owe her $$$ (over 3x the normal rate for champagne room dances). No mention of this fee structure was made prior to or during the dances.

I'm not talking about 'extras' or anything like that - I explained to the dancer that she should have let me know that additional charges were forthcoming, and if she had I would have stopped after a single dance. We eventually settled on a lower number, but not before I was completely soured on ever going to this particular club again. Quite frankly, I was p--ssed.

Anyone else have a similar experience? How did you deal with it? I realize that each dancer has her own thresholds for what constitutes 'more', but I feel that should have been brought up 'as it happened' and not after the fact.

And no, PMs will not make me reveal the club or the dancer. Trying to keep this theoretical.

-W10

Anyone else have a similar experience? How did you deal with it? I realize that each dancer has her own thresholds for what constitutes 'more', but I feel that should have been brought up 'as it happened' and not after the fact.

-W10

I have never had that happen to me in Ottawa. While it doesn't seem like a good repeat business strategy for the dancer, I don't doubt that it happens with transient dancers.

I do believe that I was the target of a scam attempt in TO. Earlier this year when I was on a trip to Toronto, I had spent a significant amount of time with a dancer and paid her in full, along with a nice tip. I had also been buying her drinks all night and we were feeling alright.

Near the end of the evening she went up to her locker then came back ranting that she didn't have her money and accused me of stealing it. She then called the bouncers over.

Not sure if this is a scam and people usually cave to the intimidation, but I'm pretty stubborn especially when I think someone might be trying to take advantage of me. I told the dancer and bouncers in no uncertain terms that if she lost the money, I felt bad for her, but that if they were trying to run a scam, they picked the wrong guy and she wasn't getting a single cent more from me.

She seemed to want more intimidation from the bouncers, but they didn't seem too interested in taking it much further, so I settled up my bar tab and walked out. Fortunately, the bouncers didn't follow me, otherwise it could have become a messy situation and probably not a good one for me.

Anyway, left a real sour taste in my mouth.

Edited by cgnex
clarified sentence

There is a standard charge of $20 per song in the CR. It is a common understanding that the standard charge apply to all dancers. Therefore I never ask dancers prior as how much the dance will be.

In the past I have been charged for more songs than I have had (in one case I had 2 and a half dances and the dancer claimed it was 5 and asked for $100) but never charged for more than $20 per song unless I tip the dancer myself. Btw I hate it when dancer starts in the middle of a song. This raises a red flag for overcharge and I usually stop the dance soon when dancer does this.

What to do is not to pay or bring this to the attention of management if the overcharge is substantial as in your case. Same action that dancer would have taken if you had refused to pay the usual fee.

Edited by Capital Hunter
I was sleepy when I posted with spelling mistakes lol!!

In my situation the lady, back in the CR, made an offer. We negotiated a price for the meaning of "more" and away we went. In that regard it was a good experience. But I can see how some girls try to take advantage. If they do you now have insight into their character and are at liberty to handle the situation as you deem fit. In my case, I want to take the high road but still not get screwed!

In my situation the lady, back in the CR, made an offer. We negotiated a price for the meaning of "more" and away we went. In that regard it was a good experience. But I can see how some girls try to take advantage. If they do you now have insight into their character and are at liberty to handle the situation as you deem fit. In my case, I want to take the high road but still not get screwed!

it's unfortunate FH but as the saying goes "buyer beware" with that said i'm completely sympathetic and on the other hand being a "dancer" i've had guys short change me. i've even experienced a fellow who kept me for close to half an hour and claimed it was a flat fee of $20 "he didn't know better" (my ass). communication is key and i can understand how this falls way side as a trust issue cause after all we are "grown-ups".

don't let one bad apple spoil your opportunity to enjoy the art of seduction

cheers

• Like 1

What to do is not to pay or bring this to the attention of management if the overcharge is substatial as in your case. Same action that dancer will take if you had refused to pay the usual fee.

Yes, this is definitely the best course of action. It's generally against the rules in many clubs for dancers to overcharge, so management would not back up the bogus charge she demanded at the end. I bet it wouldn't even get that far though because she knows that and doesn't want to get in trouble, so as soon as you were to mention going to management, she'd quickly agree upon the appropriate amount.

• Like 1

Agree totally with CH & Bridgette. My experience is that the people doing this are visitors from out of town and here for a very short while and just trying to rip off as many as quickly as possible b/c if they ever come back, will most likely go to another club. Best to stay with the known Ottawa girls as much as possible.

• Like 2

Thanks for the replies - I've seen this particular dancer at a few clubs around the area, but I think this was my first (and last) time getting dances from her. Just to be clear, this wasn't a case of overcounting, it was charging more per dance without establishing the price. Never occurred to me to go to the management, I'll keep that in mind if there is a next time.

-W10

Edited by woot10
Clarification

I was at Pigale on Saturday and went with this little Blond from MTL, I had 3 dances with her and she tried to hit me with a 7, I was so surprised that for the first time in many years that this was happening! Knowing a lot of the staff, I told her to follow me upstairs to the managers corner and needless to say she panicked!!

I will definitely watch myself with out of town visitors from now on!!

RUM

I have to say, more than one lady has had some difficulties counting dances. I try to keep the tab count, but sometimes gets easily up 1 after the second song, and sometimes I will debate it, but sometimes, just give them the extra 20 if it is that important to them, but in the long run, this is not a good business practice.

I agree with most of what has been said here but I think that is only part of the problem.

One device found in some clubs is transitioning from one song to the next song with no clear break so that it all appears to be one song. The dancer knows that it is 2 but the customer does not recognize the transition from one song to the next and is therefore surprised when he is charged for 2 songs.

Some clubs play long pieces of music that they refer to as doubles. Some announce these ahead of time, others do not. Again the customer is charged double what he expects.

I agree with most of what has been said here but I think that is only part of the problem.

One device found in some clubs is transitioning from one song to the next song with no clear break so that it all appears to be one song. The dancer knows that it is 2 but the customer does not recognize the transition from one song to the next and is therefore surprised when he is charged for 2 songs.

Some clubs play long pieces of music that they refer to as doubles. Some announce these ahead of time, others do not. Again the customer is charged double what he expects.

Most clubs seem to be transitioning to different music systems playing in the back where dances are done, which has certainly helped alleviate this problem. I can only speak for Barb's, the NuDen, and Barefax, but transitions between songs are generally fairly obvious with a short silence and songs are cut to about 3.5-4 minutes each so there are no doubles to worry about.

I like to occasionally just do a check after 3 or 5 songs with the dancer, just to make sure we're still on the same page. I've become quite distracted before and I've even had the dancer distracted enough that her count was one too low once. Fixed that and she seemed to appreciate it :)

I recommend a # of song check after three or four songs to prevent any confusion or misunderstanding. If your like me, I lose count when I get lost in the moment.

Ultimately, if you can do it, I feel it is best to agree on a charge for 30 mins or agree on an hourly charge at around 300 $. Still a good deal at 60 mins divided by 4 mins per song as many songs are just over 3 minutes.

This way you can enjoy quality time and some shenanigans for an hour without the trouble of counting.

Sometimes I prefer a bit of cuddling in leu of a song....:)

• Like 2

I don't go to clubs very often. So when I do I always verify the price per dance with the first dancer I take to the CR. My trips are so infrequent I'm expecting one day to find that the price has gone up. After that it should be standard for all dancers at the club, unless you negotiate something different (and that would normally be a better rate for a fixed amount of time). I always, from time to time, usually after 3 or 4 dances, confirm the count. "this will be number 4 won't it". Doing that early on tells you if the girl is prone to miscounting, and the dances can be cut off. If she hasn't started miscounting, it also tells her that you're on the ball, know the count, and are keeping track.

If a dancer tried to charge more than the standard fee per dance I'd definitely go to management. Good possibility she'd get canned. Unless some sort of "beyond normal service" was being delivered there is no basis for charging above the standard fee. And if more was delivered without discussion in advance (which sometimes happens), then that doesn't change the per dance fee structure, but it should change how much is tipped.

Porthos

Ultimately, if you can do it, I feel it is best to agree on a charge for 30 mins or agree on an hourly charge at around 300 $. Still a good deal at 60 mins divided by 4 mins per song as many songs are just over 3 minutes.

This way you can enjoy quality time and some shenanigans for an hour without the trouble of counting.

Sometimes I prefer a bit of cuddling in leu of a song....:)

Setting something up with the dancer for a block of time (or even a set number of dances) is a great alternative. Then there's no worries about overcharging or over-counting, and everyone can just relax and enjoy the time. Not to mention, us dancers have a lot more fun when we don't have to worry about counting either! We can lose track of time too, as evidenced by Ricco's dancer.

you got hustle by a hustler.. thats why before i even engaged with any dancers, i say i got ex: 80$ so, no more then that baby... then you let your night slide by. 80 is a low example, but then again. i can almost get a 15mins smile with that lol

Guest **oo**e

The bouncers at Pigale were kept busy last night sorting out arguments between dancers and clients. Probably something to do with money being tight at Xmas both for dancers and customers.

Setting something up with the dancer for a block of time (or even a set number of dances) is a great alternative. Then there's no worries about overcharging or over-counting, and everyone can just relax and enjoy the time. Not to mention, us dancers have a lot more fun when we don't have to worry about counting either! We can lose track of time too, as evidenced by Ricco's dancer.

Totally agree with this ... one of my best and most memorable experiences at a strip club was when I had arranged to meet one of my favourite dancers at the club and that she would spend till closing with me. No extras involved, just lot's of fun. A lot of time in the CR, time out on the floor having drinks and flirting, back to the CR. Was so much fun. And no worries, no counting, the fee had been set in advance, and no hustle from other girls. Just a great time. It might have been expensive, but less expensive than on a per dance rate, and I probably would have spent that much anyway.

Porthos

I must say this used to happen to me when I was much younger, but it hasn't happened to me recently. Maybe it's because I keep myself to a strict 2 dance limit per dancer, so there is no confusion ever about the number of songs. When the 3rd song starts, I usually thank the dancer for her time before the song goes too far.

That works against overestimating the number of dances, however when a dancer overcharges per dance, that won't work. This hasn't happened to me much either, but if it does, then usually I just let them know that there is a standard $20/song price around here, and if they've gone slightly better than usual on the dances, then we'll usually come to an agreement for paying an extra $20 bonus, as if she'd danced 3 songs when she's only danced 2.