I have in the past traded services for things I wanted/needed (ie phone, labtop, camerea etc) but honestly would not do it again at that point it was a very fair trade but I feel like it kinda hurt our relationship.

Now I do offer certain clients of mine the chance to do things like pay my bills in exchange for a few meetings which works great for both of us and also make the encounters even steamier with no 'business' exchange needing to take place.

I would personally rather just pay for things like photo shoots and what not, as I offer sessions where you get to be the photographer...I kinda look at that like a privilege anyways and would only pay for a proffesional shoot (I would love to do old fashion glamour shots just for fun someday).

Now I would be willing to trade my services for my own house or dream car :p I know I can keep dreaming lol

I don't do it, though like everyone else, I've had offers. When I was younger, I was "kept" by a man for over a year. He paid the rent and utilities, and was generous about some extras. In return, he had my company and FS 4-6 times a month. We agreed on the dates and times ahead of time, something like every Wednesday from 5:00 to 9:00 and maybe a couple of lunchtime quickies as options. It worked. We liked each other. I was in university and it make it possible for me to be there full-time.

Now, though, it just seems easier, clearer and that there's less potential trouble to pay for things myself.

But if someone would like to lease a car for me.... Or the downpayment on a condo or townhouse, with partial ownership, etc.... PM or e-mail me! :grin:

I find in trading services it removes the bond one has when one pays. The element of responsibility tends to be droped by the p[rovider of the service. This can translate into hard feelings between the individuals.

It would be annoying for me, on a number of levels. I am somewhat obsessive-compulsive and don't like people touching my things (you know those types who come over and must pick up and look at every knick knack you own). I'm also a perfectionist and if you want something done right, you usually have to do it yourself.

Erin,

Every time I read one of your posts, I always find myself saying, "Me too!" LOL! It's uncanny how like minded we are!

I think this is comparable to doing business with family or friends. Rare is it that everything works out positively.

If there was an SP out there that could use my 'expertise' with something (not that I'm particularly useful, but for argument's sake here), I would volunteer to help. Call it a tip or a friendly gesture...whatever floats your boat. I'd much rather be benevolent than negotiate...

In not just this business, but in just about everything, I've found that people who engage in barters/trades/swaps always want to believe that they're getting a better deal than if they paid in cash. When both sides of a transaction feel this way, look out -- trouble ahead.

Also, it's rare that services or goods are assessed simultaneously. Someone paints your kitchen for you, and then you provide the services -- but perhaps he'll feel that your services were a bit light compared to the work he put in on your kitchen. Or vice versa, you provide services and then he paints your kitchen -- if the work isn't measuring up, what can you do about it now that you've already delivered?

And god forbid it should end up in small claims court.

I think if a woman wants a man to buy her things or do things for her in exchange for sex, she should take the tried and true method: marry him. ;-)

(Anita, I used to do massage trades -- just straight massage -- with a couple of RMTs in town, and I came to the conclusion that I'd far rather just pay for a massage. After a good massage, I prefer to be poured into the sack, not to be awakened until the dogs need to go out the next morning. I can't get into jumping off the table and into massage mode!)

My POV, is I pay you to paint my bathroom, and with the money you made you can either choose to pay me for my services, or someone else. No worries, no hard feelings, no "trying" to arrange a hookup time that won't interfere with a "paying" client.

Anything else just seems unnecessarily complex.

Great topic, dangerous territory... ladies I'd be weary of any client who broaches the topic first, it should be something you decide and you raise and most importantly you feel comfortable with. If the client raises the subject first then he will likely always be trying to swing a deal.

I often do freelance work on the side to provide support to my colleagues in the same field knowing that they can pay me back or provide specialized skills when I need them for a contract I may take on in the future.

Note to all, freelance cowboy available, rates negotiable ;)

• Like 1

Ya trading is hard. Sometimes it's better to just use money, or sometimes I even just do something for free 'cause I know it's no big deal but the client needs it done and it's a big deal to them.

Now don't go assuming that I'm suggesting ladies offer stuff for free, that's NOT what I'm saying! :)

• Like 1

Ya trading is hard. Sometimes it's better to just use money, or sometimes I even just do something for free 'cause I know it's no big deal but the client needs it done and it's a big deal to them.

Now don't go assuming that I'm suggesting ladies offer stuff for free, that's NOT what I'm saying! :)

your not saying it, but your hoping right?

Maybe I just have a different headspace about it, but quite frankly, I'm a cheapskate and if I can trade sexual favours for it, I probably will. LOL.

I traded a blowjob the other night for a professional massage from an RMT and that was fantastic. We did the BJ first and then he worked out all my kinks. It was divine.

I traded a blowjob the other night for a professional massage from an RMT and that was fantastic. We did the BJ first and then he worked out all my kinks. It was divine.

It was probably all the poor boy could do to keep his knees from collapsing after you delivered your end of the bargain! I'm impressed he could stay on his feet. ;)

Maybe I just have a different headspace about it, but quite frankly, I'm a cheapskate and if I can trade sexual favours for it, I probably will. LOL.

I love the way you think:twisted:

I believe that the value of the trade is never equal and someone always feels like they got the short end of the stick. Business is business and should be paid in dollars and not perceived value. Now if I was to get a BJ for free because I did a great job, I wouldn't refuse unless it was a man.

The Hun

It was probably all the poor boy could do to keep his knees from collapsing after you delivered your end of the bargain! I'm impressed he could stay on his feet. ;)

Yeah, I was pretty impressed myself. He didn't slack off at all, it was a full hour of massage. He even got some places that I didn't think needed massaging, but which felt great, like my elbows and in between my fingers and toes.