Cyber Stalking Public Service Announcement

This is courtesy of a member of another board's signature pic -- and I will be posting it in the other areas as well, as a reminder to everyone, if nothing else, exactly what it is people like this are all about. When you see it happen, silence is not golden -- they need to be confronted. When it happens to you, same thing -- record & report. Bullies can't function when they are exposed and when good people refuse to remain silent. :thumbs up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wp0zP8KPw0Q

• Like 4

Very good post thanks Fortunateone!

Now if I could just find my delusional snakepit hmmm. Oh wait that is power tripping!! #4 rings a bell!

"When you see it happen, silence is not golden -- they need to be confronted. When it happens to you, same thing -- record & report. Bullies can't function when they are exposed and when good people refuse to remain silent."

Agreed and well written. A good and important reminder that although there are some cool and honest people out there to meet in cyberspace, for some seedy people, an online personality is just a mask to hide behind. My friends and to a lesser extent myself have been victims of cyber-stalking. Luckly for us it was a small incident but for others the outcome is a lot worse. Don't let them have their way with you and seek the help of those you can trust!

It's a good message but I found the delivery just too long and boring and I couldn't sit through it all. sleepy10.gif

Guest f***2f***

yeah it was really boring....good message though

It's a good message but I found the delivery just too long and boring and I couldn't sit through it all. sleepy10.gif

Agreed...just because you have power point and video creation software, doesn't mean you should use it. Could have read it all in 30 seconds...

Agreed...just because you have power point and video creation software, doesn't mean you should use it. Could have read it all in 30 seconds...

I do wish it had moved a bit faster. I had seen it & borrowed it from another poster on another site, but there must be other similar videos or articles that would cover the topic. Everyone should feel free to add to the thread anything they find.

I guess the main issue too is that many people are using the internet as a way to say things or do things that they would never do if they actually had to confront the person. I watched a talk show a couple of weeks ago, paternity suit issues lol. The husband in the story had posted some derogatory things about his wife (they'd separated), accused her of cheating, the child not his, the usual -- except he posted her picture and all these details on line. Fact is, the test prove the child is his and a lie detector test proved that everything he accused her of was completely untrue.

That would be a simple case of online harrassment; there are many many more cases of teen bullying, character assassinations, and lies posted as facts. It's on the internet; it must be true. :roll:

Very good post thanks Fortunateone!

Now if I could just find my delusional snakepit hmmm. Oh wait that is power tripping!! #4 rings a bell!

Thanks! I appreciate this, since I discovered someone actually gave me negative rep points for this thread. :cry:

I will give you some positive points as I don't agree with the negative ones! I think this is a big problem online.