Have you watched any good movies lately?

Believe it or not I saw Don Jon just the other day and was pleasantly surprised. What I thought was going to be a predictable film turned out to have more substance and less fluff than I had planned on. Joseph Gordon-Levitt wrote, directed and starred in this very enjoyable flick. Julianne Moores character was not what I was expecting and I really enjoyed what direction they went with her.

• Like 2

Believe it or not I saw Don Jon just the other day and was pleasantly surprised. What I thought was going to be a predictable film turned out to have more substance and less fluff than I had planned on. Joseph Gordon-Levitt wrote, directed and starred in this very enjoyable flick. Julianne Moores character was not what I was expecting and I really enjoyed what direction they went with her.

Julianne Moore's always great. I'm really looking forward to seeing her in Carrie

• Like 1

I watched World War Z the other night, honestly I don't know how I feel. Maybe if I hadn't read the book and knew the original perspective that it was suppose to go off of I would have enjoyed it aa lot more? My SO thought it was wonderful having not read the book, so maybe that is they key!

• Like 1

Just saw the movie "The Purge". It is a movie about in the future, where for one day, people can create crimes and murder with no retribution. It gives people a day to get rid of all hatred and frustration. Very suspenseful movie. It's worth watching.

• Like 1

Jeepers Creepers.

The sequel is poop but this one is good ol' spooky fun.
  • Like 1

It's far from new, but a quiet mood drew me back last weekend to watch

again.

This, like

that inspired it, is a movie with no plot and no dialogue; just images, music, and a theme of contemplating ourselves, the natural world we live in, and the distorted one we have built around us.

I still remember in my late teens when my "cool friend" first pointed me to Koyaanisqatsi (Hopi for "life out of balance"), and later sitting in the theatre with friends, watching it while sitting very still and with very wide eyes. Went back several times.

It still pops up at the Mayfair sometimes... if this sounds interesting and you're curious, then a big theatre is by far the best way to get the full effect.

• Like 1

saw Pacific Rim recently. Interesting movie graphically. Simple plot but for the scale of the movie it is worth seeing in HD or some other form of high definition.

Also saw Mud starring Mathew McConaughey and Michael Shannon. Pretty good movie. Slow moving at first buts build up and gets very tense to the very last second.

• Like 1

I'm on a horror movie kick for October, trying to watch as many movies from this list as I can - http://www.listchallenges.com/the-greatest-horror-films-of-the-past-5-years

I watched 'Buried' with Ryan Reynolds recently. The movie was decent, but it was the last two minutes or so of the film that really got me. I shuddered for hours after thinking of it. So you know a horror movie is good when :D

• Like 1

Guest A*ro**n

Watched "Into the Wild" again recently. I think that's the most powerful death scene I ever watched.

Watched "Into the Wild" again recently. I think that's the most powerful death scene I ever watched.

The movie Colors-with Sean Penn and Robert Duval has a pretty Strong death scene as well, it's also a really good movie. I watched that movie when it first came out and the scene still affects me, I agree with you on into the wild, the scene is jarring.

Just came back from watching Captain Phillips. It's about a captain of a freight ship that get's taken hostage by Somalians. It's based on a true story. It is a very long suspenseful movie. I enjoyed it very much. It's a must see film :)

• Like 2

Kalifornia. Pretty good movie from back in the day with David Duchovny, Michelle Forbes, Juliette Lewis who is absolutely heart breaking in this, and Brad Pitt being very un-Brad Pitt-ish lol.

Posted via Mobile Device

• Like 2

Watched Gravity at the theatre. It's probably only worth watching on the big screen, because what storyline it has is really only an excuse to showcase the visuals, and if you pick apart the science you'll find a lot of flaws, but the special effects truly are dazzling.

• Like 1

Watched The Hangover 3 and LOVED it. The second one was forgettable if you ask me, but the first one was great and this was a purrfect end. I was dying with laughter through most of it. Really recommend it if you enjoyed the first one.

What the movie "The Call" with Hallie Berri. I'ts about a 911 operator trying to track down a girl who was taken and put in a trunk by a serial killer. Very suspenseful movie.

• Like 1

Here is a link some may find very useful, stream movies at home. I found that if you stuck to the Nowvideo link, you have less problems. It is a tricky site a lot of advertising and you get pop ups. Can't really complain when its free.

1. Choose your movie or TV show, there is a vast library of movies and cable shows. The quality is hit or miss on some of the newer movies, the happier the face is at the end of the link the better the quality of the movie.

2. Click on the on the Nowvideo link of what you have chosen.

3. Click on the link that says continue as a free user. Another window will open in the background, you can close that window it is advertizing pop up.

4. Now click on the link that says, start the video, another windows will pop up you can close this window as well.

5. Now click on the big play icon and enjoy. another window will open in the background again you can close that one as well.

Follow these steps you should have an easy time. If you have an HDMI cable you hook your laptop to your TV and watch it on a larger screen.

http://www.movie4k.to/public-announcement.php

• Like 1

Just watch "The Last Stand', an action movie with Arnold Swartzeniger. Lot's of action, but Arnold is starting to show his age. But I still enjoyed the movie. He plays a sheriff that tries to prevent a criminal from getting across the border. Lot's of shooting, car chases and explosions.

• Like 1

Argo. I was way too young when this was actually happening but as far as historical accounts (OMG can't believe that "historical" can be something in my lifetime lol) it was very interesting and has sent me on a google frenzy!

Unfortunately Argo was historically inaccurate, according to Jimmy Carter, the President of the United States at the time. Also, Ken Taylor the Canadian Ambassador to Iran was offended by the movie.

It was a great movie, I personally loved it, but historically speaking, it was offensive.

• Like 1

What the movie "The Call" with Hallie Berri. I'ts about a 911 operator trying to track down a girl who was taken and put in a trunk by a serial killer. Very suspenseful movie.

I also saw that movie and thought it was well done, suspenseful and kept you watching. The Last stand was also surprisingly good, lol, who would have thought! It was action filled and funny:)

The Butler.

Forest Whitaker did an amazing job protraying Cecil Gaines. A must see if you haven't all ready.

• Like 3