Have you watched any good movies lately?

Guest realnicehat

American Courtesans

Wow, I just watched this film and it is extremely powerful. If you plan on seeing it you should be prepared. This is not a lighthearted documentary, it will put you through your paces emotionally.

I was saddened, sickened, curious, hopeful and inspired. I've been pretty clear in my posting that I have nothing but respect for the ladies of this profession but having watched this perhaps admiration is a better word.

The naive side of me would like to think that the stories in this film are anomalies, that none the woman I have met have ever had to face abuse or violence, loss or desertion, desperation or hopelessness. Sadly, I know this hasn't been the case for everyone.

I hope that in this digital era, where accessibility to media is easier than ever, that this film will get at least some of the attention it deserves.

The world needs to see what the men of Cerb already know........

I just came back from watching "The Conjuring". The audience found it scary and funny at the same time. They were jumping out of their seats. It was a pretty good horror film as horror films go. very Suspenseful at times.

• Like 1

The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie from 1969 was on the box last night and I enjoyed. Sexual frustration and feminism at a 1930's Scottish girl's school with the usual excellent costumes and scenery of Brit period pieces.

Maggie Smith, a much younger version than I'd seen previously, gives a blockbuster performance.

• Like 2

Guest realnicehat
Don't know what to watch tonight, Argo or Zero Dark Thirty

Which is better

Mind you both are on my "to watch" list

RG

Both are excellent. I found Argo a little more intense. Don't watch ZDT if you are the least bit sleepy. The first thirty minutes will put you out.

Additional Comments:

I watched the movie ''42'' yesterday. (sorry if it been mentionned before). Really good and touching movie about Jackie Robinson's life. You will enjoy it even if you are not a baseball fan!

I watched this last night as well. It is a good movie, not a great one, but I'd recommend it to anyone. It was actually funnier than I expected, I laughed out loud a few times.

I think it may have spurred a baseball movie weekend for me. Thinking perhaps the Natural, Bull Durham, or maybe The Trouble With the Curve. Haven't seen it yet.

Monsters University actually turned out to be pretty good. Pixar doesn't usually drop the ball completely with sequels. If you have kids I definitely recommend it!

• Like 1

Hard Core Logo (one of my favorite films) and just saw the sequel, Hard Core Logo 2, for the first time. Some great Canadian rock and roll "mockumentaries". While the sequel is not quite as good as the original IMO, it is still a pretty good follow up and gives pretty good closure to the story. With the director coming to terms with, and seeking redemption for, the part he played in the events of the original "documentary". Oh and some pretty great tunes in these movies :)

• Like 1

Watched Sin City. Had a general idea of what it was about, but wasn't sure what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised, great movie!!

• Like 1

I rented Identity Theft. It was panned by the critics and has been given less than stellar reviews here, but I enjoyed it!

• Like 1

The Sci-fi, close encounter, action, road trip, buddy comedy "Paul" was recently shown to me and the nerd in me rejoiced!

Loved that movie, the whole cast was good, so funny, Simon Pegg can't do any wrong as far as I'm concerned. Glad to see he's got another comedy due out soon. Good choice, I'd highly recommend Paul:)

I recently saw The Heat very funny and Hangover 3 loved it, Bradley cooper is so easy to watch:) Both movies were really funny, imo.

Edited by cr**tyc***es

Just saw Welcome to the Rileys with James Gandolfini (rip) awesome movie, eye opening too!

• Like 1

I recently saw Heat very funny and Hangover 3 loved it, Bradley cooper is so easy to watch:) Both movies were really funny, imo.

Wait I just saw Heat too...and while it was an awesome heist / cat & mouse movie I didn't think it was funny per se. Are we both talking about the Robert Deniro/Al Pacino movie from the 90's?

• Like 1

Just saw Wolverine in 3d. It was a awesome action movie. Lots of action and great story line. I really enjoyed it.

• Like 2

so let me just say... i like movies... alot... lol

i just saw wolverine in theators, it was good, very good, not even just for an xmen movie... i mean it was GOOD!

i rented oblivion last night, its recently out on blu-ray, another movie that i didnt have high expectations for, but it stepped up to the plate and delivered well.

skyfall, best bond movie

rounders, where have you been all my life? omg one of my top 10's for sure now

the list could go on and on and on... lol

Additional Comments:

Quick question. Does Hugh Jackman appear without his shirt at all?

;.)

lol, if this is a serious question, you obviously dont watch high jackman movies :P

hes suprizingly still REALLY buff though for this movie for a action star in his late 40's (?)

• Like 1

Rented The Trance the other night, pretty scary shit, just goes to show you that you don't wanna fuck with the wrong person!

• Like 1

Saw Flight the other night with Denzel Washington. Good movie, although maybe the ladies that tour coast to coast may think twice about flying after seeing it LOL

RG

• Like 1

Watched Django Unchained the other night. Really enjoyed it.

I also watched Taken with Liam Neeson. I wasn't expecting to like it but quite enjoyed it. I also recently watched Children of Men which I quite enjoyed.

I'm a big sci fi fan, so I also recently rewatched Serenity. For Firefly and Joss Whedon fans it is a must see.

Porthos

• Like 2