Have you watched any good movies lately?

Just watched 'Meet Joe Black' for the first time in years, just as magnificent as the first time I watched it. This movie is perfect, the cast is great, the idea is wonderful, the love and emotion, the picture of what it is to be human... magnificent. The only word I can use to describe it.

I've always meant to watch the original, 'Death Take a Holiday', but don't think I ever will because I don't want it to mar the wonderfulness of this remake.

• Like 1

Just watched G.I. Joe: Retaliation (2013).

It was a pretty good action flick. The Rock is in it.There is a lot of good fight scenes in it.

Including several martial art fights. I enjoyed it.

Couple of not bad Russell Crow films...

State of Play (2009)

A Good Year (2006)

The latter I find a good 'fuck movie', pardon my English :-) Goes well with a bottle of wine too ;-) (hehe, You can thank me later :-P )

• Like 1

Couple of not bad Russell Crow films...

State of Play (2009)

A Good Year (2006)

The latter I find a good 'fuck movie', pardon my English :-) Goes well with a bottle of wine too ;-) (hehe, You can thank me later :-P )

I'll watch anything with RC in it, such a a sexy man!!

Django was awesome.

Caught a James Gandolfini click a few nights ago called Meet the Reileys. Drama. Also starring Kristen Stewart. Not a bad flick.

My preference is war style movies, The Hurt Locker, Blackhawk Down big favs of mine

• Like 1

Watched Lovelace last night... good movie, points out the values that were inherent in th 70s,wwe've come a long way since then....

• Like 1

Watched an oldie but goodie last night. The Great Escape

Don't know how many times I've seen it, but enjoy it every time I watch it

RG

• Like 2

Watched Lovelace last night... good movie, points out the values that were inherent in th 70s,wwe've come a long way since then....

I can't wait to read her book, "Ordeal", if it is as good as the movie, it should be a great read as well:)

• Like 1

Awesome Reviews everyone, I'm takin notes all all the above.

For my two cents...finally watched "date night"

I tend to gravitate towards comedys...not sure why...the pickins are usually pretty small, but this one rocked...10 thumbs up (or two thumbs, 8 fingers)

Date Night is a 2010 action comedy film directed by Shawn Levy and starring Steve Carell and Tina Fey.

Its going to be a classic, must see.

• Like 1

Just saw The Taking Of Pelham 123

Now watching The Departed

Going to be a late night tonight, The Departed is a long movie, but a good movie

RG

• Like 1

I saw 'Mud' (the one where Matthew McConaughey plays a swamp hobo fugative) a few weeks ago and thought it was a well done film. If you like the type of straight-forward drama film they generally used to make a lot of in the 90s, such 'A Perfect World' or 'The Man Without a Face', then I would recommend this one.

Just watching the Godfather! What a classic movie, love the horses head in the bed and how about a young Pacino? Always a treat....

• Like 2

Just watching the Godfather! What a classic movie, love the horses head in the bed and how about a young Pacino? Always a treat....

I was going to watch it but it ends past my bedtime...I paid today for last night for watching The Departed, it ended real late. And damn, Godfather II on tomorrow night, but it runs late

Why don't they start those longer running movies earlier in the evening, like 6pm

RG

• Like 2

Me too, I saw godfather was on and had to watch because.........I couldn't refuse.lol

How about Abe Vigoda as Tessio? T.V. shows "Fish" and "Barney Miller" were only a few years after G., but Abe looks 30 years younger. Hmmmm, I'm really showing my age. probably no one remembers those shows.

• Like 3

Me too, I saw godfather was on and had to watch because.........I couldn't refuse.lol

How about Abe Vigoda as Tessio? T.V. shows "Fish" and "Barney Miller" were only a few years after G., but Abe looks 30 years younger. Hmmmm, I'm really showing my age. probably no one remembers those shows.

Lol, yah I think RG and I remember those shows! Part 2 tonight I think :-)

• Like 1

Last night watched another good movie...Marathon Man with

Dustin Hoffman, Lawrence Olivier, Roy Scheider and William Devine

Good movie, but I think this movie is where people's dislike of dentists came from, especially Nazi dentists LOL

RG

• Like 1

So of course I watched Godfather 2, kinda slower than 1, the best parts were with the flashbacks to younger Vito, and how about that actor who played him?

• Like 2

'Now You See Me'. Starring Woody Harrelson and Jesse Eisenberg (both of whom I have a MAD lady boner for), playing magicians. I'd seen trailers and thought it looked awful, but I was wrong. Great movie. Very entertaining, and original.

• Like 1

The Wolverine, I was a fan of comic books when I was a kid. and with today's technology, computer graphics imaging, I am now a fan of comic book movies.

The movie is packed with action from beginning to end.

• Like 1

Saw the movie Elysium this week. It as a great sci-fi.

Lot's of great special effects. On a large scale.

Lot's of action also. I enjoyed it :)

Also saw Pacific Rim on the weekend.

This is a action movie with lot's of special effects.

The actions is on a large scale.

It's kind of like Transformers vs Godzilla.

Plot and acting is okay, but the fight scenes between the robots and monsters on the large screen was amazing.

• Like 1

Saw the movie Elysium this week. It as a great sci-fi.

Lot's of great special effects. On a large scale.

Lot's of action also. I enjoyed it :)

Additional Comments:

This is a action movie with lot's of special effects.

The actions is on a large scale.

It's kind of like Transformers vs Godzilla.

Plot and acting is okay, but the fight scenes between the robots and monsters on the large screen was amazing.

I think the movie you are referring to is Pacific Rim. It was about Giant robots.

Elysium is with Matt Damon. Set in the year 2154, where the very wealthy live on a man-made space station while the rest of the population resides on a ruined Earth, a man takes on a mission that could bring equality to the polarized worlds.

Lone Star was on TV last night. Excellent movie by John Sayles and a damn fine soundtrack.

It would have been a great film for a movie night with Cleo Catra in her new western gear. ;-)

• Like 2