Have you watched any good movies lately?

Guest M****ella's C****s (retire

I recently got to watch a movie I had never seen or heard of before. The Professional. It was a pretty good movie, I enjoyed it. :)

I also saw The Equilizer on opening day and while some of the critics panned it, I really enjoyed it although I have a penchant for action films.

I'm looking forward to seeing it, wait till it comes out on DVD

I remember enjoying the tv series back in the 1980s

Recently watched Three Days To Kill. It was ok, not great, not worth watching again JMO

Today, on a cold rainy Saturday The Godfather and Godfather II on tv

Guess what I'll be watching...some classic movies you never tire of

RG

As you can probably tell from my posts here, I'm a bit of a movie buff and enjoy seeing newly released films. I just read the book Gone Girl in advance of its movie release yesterday. The movie was fantastic (YMMV) in my opinion and what made it even better was that the book's author (Gillian Flynn) also did the screen play version and the movie played out exactly as the book. Short version - once of the best flicks of the year.

I watched Blackfish last night. A documentary look at Tilikum and SeaWorld. As someone who deeply loves orca, I was pretty shaken to see how these majestic creatures are treated in facilities like SeaWorld. Not a happy movie, but worth a watch!

• Like 1

I watched the movie "Her". It's about a man who fall's in love with a computer O/S. It is a artificial intelligence o/s. Interesting concept and well acted. It's like a long distance phone romance where you never see the person. Different but enjoyable :)

I really liked 'Her', too. Most people I talk to absolutely hated it, though. I guess it's one of those very divisive films.

Edited by loopie

As you can probably tell from my posts here, I'm a bit of a movie buff and enjoy seeing newly released films. I just read the book Gone Girl in advance of its movie release yesterday. The movie was fantastic (YMMV) in my opinion and what made it even better was that the book's author (Gillian Flynn) also did the screen play version and the movie played out exactly as the book. Short version - once of the best flicks of the year.

It looks like a good one, from the trailers. It reminds me of the old ones from the 40s in a way, the film noir.

I watched Grudge Match recently, and while I have not seen either Raging Bull or anything other than Rocky #1, i found the idea of these two aging actors playing former boxing champions and rivals pretty cool. Of course DeNiro is always easy to watch, and of course Stallone is painful to look at (i wish he would just let the hair be grey, cuz he just looks weird), Kim Basinger is pretty ageless for someone who is 61.

Guest Swee****rry

Recently I have watched Saving Private Ryan, Human Planet (still watching as you can watch over and over again), Planet Earth (just finished), Ender's Game with Harrison Ford, The Hunger Games Cathching Fire (which was awesome!!!!) and The Devil Wears Prada lol.....and Can't wait until Lucy comes out on DvD to watch it!

Last night watched Khartoum on TMC. What a treat to watch two icons like Olivier and Charlton Heston in the same flick.

Action film with real acting, not just a special effects extravaganza like today's products.

I just watched Frances Ha. I really liked it. If you like independent movies, this was a good one. Some parts of the movie made me genuinely frustrated with the main character. I like that, where you're not just rooting for the main character but also painfully aware of their flaws.

I saw 'Nightcrawler' last night and really liked it. Jake Gyllenhaal plays a creepy weirdo who gets into the world of independent news footage gathering. He scans police frequencies and goes to sites of crimes and disasters, films them, and sells the footage to local news shows. It doesn't take long before he starts manipulating events to make them more sensational. The movie has a lot of good tense scenes and some dark humour. Gyllenhaal's performance reminded me a lot of DeNiro as Rupert Pupkin in 'The King of Comedy'. He's definitely not a likeable character, so if you require a movie to have a likeable protagonist in order to enjoy it, then stay away from this one. But for everybody else, I would definitely recommend this one.

Guest S****r

I watched American History X recently and it was hands-down the most disturbing movie I have seen in a looooooog time! Story of a young man caught up in a neo-nazi type movement. A couple of moments of weak acting (grieving) but some scenes that were really emotionally upsetting due to the rhetoric being presented, and being presented in such a way that it sounded plausible.

Job well done!

Olive Kitteridge

Two night mini-series on HBO, starring Frances McDormand and Bill Murray among others. The story of the travails of a number of people suffering from mental disorders in small town Maine over the course of several decades.

Bill M. and McDormand are two of my favorites, and are great in this one.

A little Indy horror-comedy called "Teeth" - it's billed as "the most alarming, cautionary tale for men since Fatal Attraction".

I found it to be twisted and hilarious and oh so entertaining. Harper and Mackay would just LOVE this one lol.

Well some oldies

On Wednesday watched Das Boot

Yesterday, saw Battle Of Britain

And in a few minutes The Caine Mutiny

This has been a pretty good week for movies

RG

I watched Fury with Brad Pitts a week ago.

It was a great war movie. Especially if you want to learn more about life in a tank :)