Have you watched any good movies lately?

Just watched Heat with Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy. Such an awesome movie. If you've ever seen anything with Melissa McCarthy in it, it will not disapoint!

I just watched White Noise with Michael Keaton. Not his best performance but I'm a sucker for any Michael Keaton movie, so therefore it was a good movie in my opinion.

Hysteria is a 2011 British period romantic comedy film directed by Tanya Wexler.

The movie is about a common medical condition that has afflicted women for centuries and was officially cured in 1952. ;)

Hysteria%2B%25282011%2529.jpg

Movie Trailer

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hysteria_(2011_film)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hysteria

I am a fan of foreign and/or independent movies. Recently I have watched an Israeli production (available with subtitles only) called Big Bad Wolves. All I can say it's that if you are into really dark humour comedy with a hint of suspense, and that you are a Quentin Tarantino fan, you will most likely love this movie.

BIGBADWOLVESRRRT5566.png

I recently watched Fair Game with Naomi Watts and Sean Penn. It's a true story of how people in the Bush administration outed a CIA covert operations officer (Valerie Plame) because they weren't happy that her husband had found evidence that some of the administration's charges against Saddam Hussein were fraudulent.

Along the same lines, I also watched Green Zone, with Matt Damon. This was a fictionalized story based on Rajiv Chandrasekaran's book, "Imperial Life in the Emerald City," which I read some time back. I never used to be a huge Matt Damon fan, but he is really maturing to the point where I'm starting to like him now.

It's only just now, more than ten years on from the run-up to the Iraq War, that I am even able to stomach such things. Dark moments in history!

It is not a new movie but i watched Blind Side the Sandra Bullock movie about a family in the southern states who take in a homeless teenager who goes on to play college and pro football.... all in all a pretty good movie.

Just saw the movie Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014) in 3D. It was an amazing action movie that was fast pace and amazing in 3d. The special effects were great. 3D has come a long ways since Avatar. The details in the final action scene were just amazing. A must see movie for super hero buffs :)

I was fortunate to attend the premiere of a really funny movie which was shot here in Newfoundland called The Grand Seduction. The movie stars Taylor Kitsch, Brendan Gleeson, Mark Critch (This Hr has 22 min), Gordon Pinsent, Mary Walsh and many other great Newfoundland actors /comedians. The movie gad it's world premiere at TIFF but opens May 30th across Canada.

As I understand it the movie is a remake of a well known Quebec movie thus time with the story set in a small fishing community in Newfoundland. The premise of the story is that the small harbor of Tickle Cove is in dire need of a doctor so that the town can land a contract to secure a factory which will save the town from financial ruin. Village resident Murray French (Gleeson) leads the search, and when he finds Dr. Paul Lewis (Kitsch) he employs - along with the whole town - tactics to seduce the doctor to stay permanently. The movie is very we done and quite funny so i encourage you to go see it.

Just my opinion

• Like 1

Bulk movie recommendations/reviews.

Bears - Disney Nature - Good for families, a little too contrived for adults.

Godzilla- looks too much like Cloverfield to be a coincidence. The monsters play a supporting role. Saw it in IMAX 3D. Not much 3D effects. Recommend you save $ and see the 2D version.

Neighbours - not as funny as I would expect from Seth Rogan. Think of it as a blend of Old School and Animal House, but with none of the charm that made those two predecessors great movies. Fun fact - James Franco's little brother has a major supporting role.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier - fast, fun & furious action. Nice tie in to the Marvel: Agents of Shield tv series. No Agent Colsen in this flick.

Watching Captain Phillips (second time I've seen it, this time free)

And three Somali pirate bad guys just found out the hard way that they should have taken up another profession besides piracy not to mention a fourth one who got off easy, doing a thirty three year

sentence :icon_twisted:

RG

Guest M****ella's C****s (retire

I went out and saw Neighbors last night. Over all I thought it was a good movie. If you want to watch something that's goofy and stupid just to give you a good laugh then this would be a good one. Over all it was a good evening out. Who doesn't like dinner and a movie?!

Woke up today to watch Von Ryan's Express

MV5BMjA2NzE3MzM2Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzM3MTc0MQ@@._V1_SY317_CR9,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Followed by Sands Of Iwo Jima

Sands_of_Iwo_Jima_poster.jpg

right now half watching Hell Is For Heroes

MV5BMjgxMzA2NTk1OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjEzODYyMQ@@._V1_SY317_CR5,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

But the best, at 1pm, get to record The Longest Day

MV5BMTc0MTAxMjk3NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzc2NzIzMQ@@._V1_SY317_CR10,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

(...I like having a PVR :-) )

because I'll be watching the Guns Of Navarone

guns-navarone-dvd-cover-art.jpg

Memorial Day Weekend and Good War Movies come on

RG

I had the pleasure of watching the 3D version of X-Men: Days of Future Past. I'll say one thing for the different Marvel franchises, they have really good writing. The story was complex and as layered as any time travel could be expected to be, yet it retained the basic humanity that is the center of the X-Men films. Lots of great action, humour, and even friggen Tyrion Lannister as the bad guy! If you are a fan - don't walk, run to this movie. If you just want action and adventure and would like to see a nearly naked Jennifer Lawrence then this movie is for you too. If you want deep character development, romance and sophistication, then rent the last season of Downton Abby.

• Like 2

Just went to see the opening of "Chef" last Friday and loved it. If you ever wonder about the real effect of social media this one is enlightening with a great story, a real feel good movie!

Frost/Nixon

220px-Frost_nixon.jpg

Saw it this morning. OK, but you almost feel sympathy for Nixon and dislike Frost. But quick entertainment when nothing else on tv

RG

Blue Jasmine - superb acting (directed by Woody Allen) starring Cate Blanchett

To Rome with Love - another Woody Allen film consisting of 4 stories that take place in Rome with a top notch ensemble cast

Blue Jasmine - superb acting (directed by Woody Allen) starring Cate Blanchett

To Rome with Love - another Woody Allen film consisting of 4 stories that take place in Rome with a top notch ensemble cast

I've been wanting to see both, but they haven't appeared on my VOD (the free one lol).

I just saw We're The Millers, which actually made me lol, which with average comedies isn't that easy, it's just that the way they put things together in the movie was very well done. Guys will enjoy the strip by Jennifer, everyone will appreciate how she does the finale at the end of the dance :)

I saw Edge of Tomorrow. It was a really sharp blockbuster action film with a good sense of fun, pacing and energy.

John carter. Third time. Loved the book - princess of Mars by Edgar r burrows but the movie wowed me

Loved that movie.

Elysium is a 2013 American dystopian science fiction action thriller film written, directed, and co-produced by Neill Blomkamp, and starring Matt Damon and Jodie Foster.

220px-Elysium_Poster.jpg