Have you watched any good movies lately?

If you like British crime movies, Legend is pretty good. Tom Hardy plays a mobster and said mobsters twin brother. The ending got me right in the feels. If you like drama, British films, and tom Hardy this is definitely one worth checking out.

Older but still awesome, Rock n Rolla is an awesome British mob movie, and Snatch too

• Like 1

Guest Prufrock Cummings
If you like British crime movies, Legend is pretty good. Tom Hardy plays a mobster and said mobsters twin brother. The ending got me right in the feels. If you like drama, British films, and tom Hardy this is definitely one worth checking out.

Older but still awesome, Rock n Rolla is an awesome British mob movie, and Snatch too

I loved Legend, as a movie unto its own, but it took terrible liberties at the real story of the twins. It might have been better if they portrayed them more accurately, but it was still enjoyable.

Snatch is also a personal favorite. I haven't seen Rock n Rolla but based on your taste in movies, I will have to check it out!

"Snowden" and "Sully" - two well written, well acted, biopics. Even though you know how each story comes out going in, the films still hold your attention.

Guest Prufrock Cummings

I re-watched a couple of old favorites of mine this weekend and I am glad they still hold the test of time, especially since they were challenging the future. 2001: A Space Odyssey and eXistenZ.

Guest Prufrock Cummings

Blood Father. If you suspend your disbelief it is outrageous and entertaining.

Guest Prufrock Cummings
i just watches the conjuring for the first time, and i liked it. does anyone have reccomendations for horror movies like it?

I finally got around to seeing The Babadook, a highly praised horror film from Oz. Low budget, the horror is in your mind, rather than slasher-type of horror.

Watched "True Memoirs of an International Assassin" on Netflix. It's well acted, well scripted, and more humourous than I was expecting.

Guest Prufrock Cummings

I really enjoyed The Drop saw it this weekend. Tom Hardy was excellent in his understated performance

Saw "Hacksaw Ridge". It's based on a film the true story of a conscientious objector in WWII who saved 75 men on Okinawa as a medic. It's thoughtful and inspirational. Violence in the second half but none of it was gratuitous. Directed by Mel Gibson, the only well known actor in it is Vince Vaughn. He plays a key, rather than a lead, role.

Guest Prufrock Cummings

Doctor Strange was good popcorn fun. Bits of humour, special effects, just some good fun!

Came across an old blueray when cleaning out a drawer and watched Apocalypse Now the Redux edition....all three hours and 23 minutes of it.

• Like 1

Guest Prufrock Cummings
Came across an old blueray when cleaning out a drawer and watched Apocalypse Now the Redux edition....all three hours and 23 minutes of it.

I recently re-watched the Redux edition as well, and it really holds the test of time; quite enjoyable.

I enjoyed the Redux version too. It slows the movie down a bit but the extra scenes add a different dynamic and expands some of the character traits.

tumblr_oh8wmayJFm1vk8p3yo1_1280.jpg

"An extended version of Francis Ford Coppola's 1979 classic, with nearly an hour of 'new' footage filling out the story of Captain Willard and his crew as they voyage towards the compound of Colonel Kurtz."

Edited by Reddog01
Typo