Hello!

In barely one month I will be going to Japan (March 21st-April 13th)

I will mainly be staying in Tokyo and mostly have my Itienary planned, but I'm always open to opinions

I will be spending one week in Osaka/Kobe/Kyoto but plans are not confirmed yet...

I am looking for places to visit and hotel/hostel to stay

Any infos would be greatly appreciated :D

• Like 4

I'm afraid I don't have any advice ... but wow, what a fabulous trip. Hope you have a wonderful time.

Porthos

I also do not have any suggestions or information regarding JAPAN, but dam...good for you!!! I also think it is really brave of you to travel alone to a foreign place. I really admire that. You will have some very interesting stories for your future grandchildren :)

I also do not have any suggestions or information regarding JAPAN, but dam...good for you!!! I also think it is really brave of you to travel alone to a foreign place. I really admire that. You will have some very interesting stories for your future grandchildren :)

I am not travelling alone:P going with a friend,

but yeah I would be jealous of myself :D

• Like 1

What a great trip, I have also always wanted to go. I have an old friend who moved there after university to work as an interpreter and never left.

I don't have any advice either, but it is a small country, unlike here, you can cover a lot of distance in a short time. I would for sure get on a train and see the sights from that perspective.

Guest **spo**

I'd strongly suggest taking a day to go visit mount fuji. If you want to climb the actual mountain it will take the whole day to go up and down, buts its beautiful. It can be hit or miss seeing the mountain from far away as it really depends on how clear the fog is that day. Also the Hakone area is absolutely stunning, beautiful lakes and scenery. The area is pristine. Many local Japanese people from the Tokyo and surrounding areas take there vacation there during the summer months. Something you may want to check out.

Edited by **spo**

Sounds like a great time! I was there when I was a teenager and it was a very interesting experience, Especially because I was in a smaller city on the island of Kyushu where there aren't many westerners, so I was a point of interest for all the locals. Many of them would point or stare when they saw westerners, and enjoyed practicing their English with you.

Enjoy it, Japan has a fascinating history and culture.

I'm just glad "Travelling to Japan" isn't a new euphemism I wasn't aware of along the lines of Greek, Russian, etc. :D

Sounds like a great time! I was there when I was a teenager and it was a very interesting experience, Especially because I was in a smaller city on the island of Kyushu where there aren't many westerners, so I was a point of interest for all the locals. Many of them would point or stare when they saw westerners, and enjoyed practicing their English with you.

Enjoy it, Japan has a fascinating history and culture.

I'm just glad "Travelling to Japan" isn't a new euphemism I wasn't aware of along the lines of Greek, Russian, etc. :D

Sorry to shatter your dreams.

japanese orgasm

The act of the japanese woman climaxing resulting in her peeing herself, usually followed by milk exploding from her nipples

• Like 1

I was in Toyko 20 years ago.. but it wasn't for me. I couldn't shop (nothing fits me there).. can people didn't speak English barely at all never mind make eye contact. I hope things have changed. I did enjoy karaoke there :) lol..

If you're going to eat the fish, seaweed, or anything produced near Fukushima, you had better bring a geiger counter! Not that we in North America didn't get the fallout. :P

If you're going to eat the fish, seaweed, or anything produced near Fukushima, you had better bring a geiger counter! Not that we in North America didn't get the fallout. :P

Not just in Japan! Nori (sushi wrap seaweed) grows off japan's cost so I would test the stuff being imported here too just to be sure. I actually own a Soeks personal Geiger Counter (I collect some antiques that are known to be radioactive - made with uranium and radium) so I like to be sure it's safe to handle. I will have to remember to bring it with me to the supermarket next time I go.

I recommend you stay at a Ryokan (traditional Japanese Inn) a couple of nights during your travels. They can be a bit expensive but you can experience a bit of living in a Japanese environment and they usually serve fantastic traditional meals (dinner and breakfast included). Some of them provide foreigners with traditional dress and foot ware.

Would love to hear about your trip when you get back :)