After the opening post, I skimmed most of the others to get to the end (my apologies to the authors.......I actually skim thoroughly). Old Dog, I have seen and heard nothing but good about you and I hope we meet some day. Not only did your opening post make me happy that you survived the ordeal, but it also gladdened my heart that one of our most popular members here was able to return. You see, since I joined and got to know some of the members, we have lost some good people for one reason or another. I'm grateful that you are not one of them. However, on top of the good news on your health, I'm also profoundly impressed with the friends that supported you throughout the ordeal. What an incredible circle of friends you have. You are to be commended......you, Old Dog, and all the people you mentioned.

• Like 1

I'm glad to see you are doing well health wise OD and congrats on reaching 5000 post, that is a milestone. I always enjoy reading your post, your humour is out of this world(where do you come out with all of that). You are a great member and contributor to this board.

• Like 1

A very impressive display of friendship and solidarity.

You are a lucky man OD to have such a network.

• Like 1

OD, we're all very glad that you made it to 5k! This place would be much more dull without you.

Now, please refrain from dying any time in the near future. We haven't finished with you yet :)

• Like 1

OD, we're all very glad that you made it to 5k! This place would be much more dull without you.

Now, please refrain from dying any time in the near future. We haven't finished with you yet :)

Thanks buddy!!!! I plan to be around for awhile... there's still beer in the fridge.

Old Dog, you are my Yoda. Congratulations on 5,000+ posts of humour and wisdom with a dose of humility and humanity. I look forward to reading the next 5,000.

• Like 1

5,000?? holy-camoly! don't make me make you take up knitting!...no seriously though, dont...cuz I have no idea how to knit! lol.....i digress however and yes I jest! no need to find any other hobby than this one....and your insights are always so wise n welcomed! keep em comin! xoxoxo

• Like 1