I was just curious, about a year or so ago I was on a certain antidepressant that made me unable to achieve orgasm. So I had to go without sex and masturbation for a little over 2 months. It was complete hell. I do not know if it was because I was sexually active on a regular basis for the last decade, but boy was I cranky. The urge was there and grew stronger and stronger as time went by. I even thought I was going to become a virgin again lol.

So my question is how long do you think you can last without? Or what the longest period of time you've gone without?

I'm not encourage you to try for its cruel and unusual punishment. Lol

I was injured a year ago or so and had no desire for sex or masturbation for 3-4 months. Not sure if that would have been the case 20 years ago but it was the case for me.

I've survived the birth of 4 children that shut my wife off from sex for close to a year each... didn't cheat and no SPs during the time. It was not easy, but I didn't forgo the experience of self satisfaction either. No idea how long I could last without that. I recall when I was in highschool I felt kind of guilty about masturbation so I tried to stop... after a couple weeks, what came out was somewhat chunky.

Added note: The Master of My Domain contest episode of Seinfeld was on last night. Very funny episode.

Edited by nntsci
  • Like 1

There was also a time i was feeling guilty masturbating. Most of the time, i lasted about 3 days, sometime a week. One time though, i lasted about 144 days. (After 2-3 weeks, i put a little x on the calendar to remember the last time i did it. The number might be a few days off)

• Like 1

Guest S**a*Q

Like last without?

ON PURPOSE???

I'm a fan of the once a day orgasm, whether through sex or masturbation. I'm not a fan of self-punishment.

:D

longest I've gone is 5 or 6 days... no sex & no jerking off...

in each case it was when wife and I were preparing to conceive children... theory was that this would help ensure the largest possible load, which in turn would produce the largest possible "pool" from which the strongest sperm would win the race up the tubes and conceive my kids...

not sure if any valid science is behind this, but seems to make sense to me...

grateful to have 3 healthy kids

• Like 1

A few years ago I had the "guy operation" (prostrate) and it cam back a bit and was getting better when I developed some complications that required another surgery. This time after the 2nd surgery the ability to get a complete erection or even hold what little there was not there. I tried for 18 months!!! The Urge, Desire, Want NEED was there and as the op says it grows and soon you can think of little else! No matter how much the SO or Fave SP says "it don't matter We can do other things" Let me tell you IT Dose! matter ....

With the help of my Doc I tried All of the ED pills even some strong ones some PPL never hear of, and they just gave the worst kind of head ache! so bad that I didn't or couldn't even think of sex.

Now having said all this ..... it is possible to have an O with out an erection BUT it just isn't the same.

But there is a happy ending :) there is a 100% cure that I have used (mentioned elsewhere on the board) for about 6 years now and have had much of the best sex in my life both at home and abroad ;)

So the short answer to the op's question was 18 months!!! and yeah you do get Cranky!

Loki318

• Like 2

8 hours as work actually got in the way for a whole day

Posted via Mobile Device

• Like 3

For me stress kills the sex drive. A couple of years ago I was working too hard doing 18-20hr days 7 days a week and stressed to the max for about 3 months while that went on I had no interest in anything sexual. Even if I tried I wouldn't get hard. That's the longest I've even gone, the wife was not happy. Seriously she wore out three or four viberators. LOL

• Like 1

@Antlerman - That's why you go to the bathroom at the least busy time during the day...just gotta reign in the vocalisations.

• Like 1

I was just curious, about a year or so ago I was on a certain antidepressant that made me unable to achieve orgasm. So I had to go without sex and masturbation for a little over 2 months. It was complete hell. I do not know if it was because I was sexually active on a regular basis for the last decade, but boy was I cranky. The urge was there and grew stronger and stronger as time went by. I even thought I was going to become a virgin again lol.

Empty, several antidepressants are notorious for making orgasms more difficult to achieve. For people who have trouble with premature ejaculation, this can be a good thing because it helps them regain control over their response. But for others, like you, who find that orgasms are simply impossible, there are alternative medications that may not have the same side effect. Did you discuss this problem with your doctor?

I recognize that some men feel very uncomfortable talking about sex and their erectile function with their doctor, but I want to assure all of you that your doctor hears about these problems several times a day, or more. Your doctor should not be unkind, harsh or judgmental with you if you talk about a sexual matter. If he or she is, they're the problem, not you. Find another doctor!

Problems with sexual function are not trivial in the least. Our culture is puritanical and encourages us to feel that we shouldn't want sex very much, that there's something to be ashamed of when we we want it, and that there's something virtuous about not having sex. These are moral judgments, though, not medical ones.

If you're having sexual function difficulties, you may be having vascular or neurological problems. The veins, arteries and nerve endings in our genitals are very fine and very sensitive, especially in comparison to those in, say, our arms or legs. When they aren't functioning properly, that can be one of the early signs of a growing, significant health problem such as heart disease, diabetes or circulatory disease. If the problem is due to a drug side effect, it's still serious because it may lead to a general deadening of sensation if it goes on for very long. It is unfortunately true that what we don't use we may lose!

If you find that you've enjoyed sex for a long time but you don't enjoy it or want it now, please also consider that as a sign of a significant change. Men, in particular, should feel a need to have ejaculations regularly, all their lives. It's a biological requirement for the production of healthy sperm.

Please take your body seriously. Pay attention to significant changes. Don't diagnose yourself--"I'm getting older," or "this always happens after menopause"--because the chances are that you're wrong! It is normal for human beings to have healthy, satisfying sex for our entire lives, including in our 80s and 90s.

• Like 5

Empty, several antidepressants are notorious for making orgasms more difficult to achieve. For people who have trouble with premature ejaculation, this can be a good thing because it helps them regain control over their response. But for others, like you, who find that orgasms are simply impossible, there are alternative medications that may not have the same side effect. Did you discuss this problem with your doctor?

I recognize that some men feel very uncomfortable talking about sex and their erectile function with their doctor, but I want to assure all of you that your doctor hears about these problems several times a day, or more. Your doctor should not be unkind, harsh or judgmental with you if you talk about a sexual matter. If he or she is, they're the problem, not you. Find another doctor!

Problems with sexual function are not trivial in the least. Our culture is puritanical and encourages us to feel that we shouldn't want sex very much, that there's something to be ashamed of when we we want it, and that there's something virtuous about not having sex. These are moral judgments, though, not medical ones.

If you're having sexual function difficulties, you may be having vascular or neurological problems. The veins, arteries and nerve endings in our genitals are very fine and very sensitive, especially in comparison to those in, say, our arms or legs. When they aren't functioning properly, that can be one of the efarly signs of a growing, significant health problem such as heart disease, diabetes or circulatory disease. If the problem is due to a drug side effect, it's still serious because it may lead to a general deadening of sensation if it goes on for very long. It is unfortunately true that what we don't use we may lose!

If you find that you've enjoyed sex for a long time but you don't enjoy it or want it now, please also consider that as a sign of a significant change. Men, in particular, should feel a need to have ejaculations regularly, all their lives. It's a biological requirement for the production of healthy sperm.

Please take your body seriously. Pay attention to significant changes. Don't diagnose yourself--"I'm getting older," or "this always happens after menopause"--because the chances are that you're wrong! It is normal for human beings to have healthy, satisfying sex for our entire lives, including in our 80s and 90s.

Thanks for the concern and advice, but I do not have that problem anymore I changed medication a long time ago fixing the problem. Which I find ironic cause not being able to achieve the big o was enough to make some more depressed. I swear it was like torture I would get so close to orgasm but just couldn't get there talk about a cock tease.

I was just curious on what people would say. How about woman I know they're different than men but how long can you go without. Do you get moody when you're in need?

longest I've gone is 5 or 6 days... no sex & no jerking off...

in each case it was when wife and I were preparing to conceive children... theory was that this would help ensure the largest possible load, which in turn would produce the largest possible "pool" from which the strongest sperm would win the race up the tubes and conceive my kids...

not sure if any valid science is behind this, but seems to make sense to me...

grateful to have 3 healthy kids

apparently, it is somewhat true but there is a optimal level between too seldom and too often to maximize sperm...

oh, and hanging out with multiple pretty women (with or without sex) also stimulates an increase in sperm production, especially if there are other men around who might be seen as competition for access to the gals (from the discovery channel!) -- so next time she wants a baby, tell her you need to visit a strip bar, or get a massage, to get your gonads in shape, lol.

When my wife wanted her second child, her doctor was giving her all kinds of advice on how to maximize her chance of conception and giving her a pep talk that it might take a while before she conceives and so on and not to lose hope even if it takes a few months... Given the way the doctor was going on about how difficult it could be I was expecting a lot of sex first.... she got pregnant on the first try... apparently we are way out on the far end of fertility spectrum... and even had 2 more kids by accident in spite of a diaphragm and other attempt to limit the family size, after that one. I still get a laugh every time I think about her doctors pep talk to her.

Additional Comments:

"I was just curious on what people would say. How about woman I know they're different than men but how long can you go without. Do you get moody when you're in need? "

It doesn't happen very often, but if my wife is horny and she isn't getting what she wants she gets really grumpy and demanding. Apparently I'm not allowed to be not be in the mood. This has happened a couple times when I was sick and once when I broke my wrist and was reluctant to do anything particularly strenuous.

• Like 1

>maybe she was grumpy because you broke your wrist through masturbation

LOL. No that lead to (contributed to) repetitive strain injuries...

She was probably grumpy about that too.

It was baseball that broke my wrist. I can't hit a ball to save my life. But one day trying to help one of my sons prepare for his baseball tournament... I grab for a ball, slipped and on my wrist and bang, wrist bone cracked.

I once went twelve years or so without...but then puberty hit.

Since then my record and ability to go without has been, well...somewhat reduced.

i dont really get the "need" to masturbate or to have sex... i went 3 years without either, just because i was busy/working/didnt feel like it... im only 25... is that weird? lol

i dont really get the "need" to masturbate or to have sex... i went 3 years without either, just because i was busy/working/didnt feel like it... im only 25... is that weird? lol

It's not weird, but it is unusual. When I was 25 I was masturbating at least twice a day :)

Your sex drive is directly linked to everything else that is happening in your life if you are depressed it can impact you... medication that you take can effect you .. it i s a complex thing. The longest I have gone in my Adult life without sex is just short of 3 years .. i know .. i know... what three year .. how is that possible. Well let me just suggest that depending on what is happening in your life an orgasm can take on very little significance. Don't get me wrong... i am not saying give up sex in times of trouble in your life just that what is happening in your life can drastically impact your sex life.

Just my opinion

Guest c**io**m7

Today is day #6. Noooo I dddonn'ttt hhave the sshhhakkes ffrooom wwithddrawalll.

The longest I have gone? Lets see, my youngest daughter is almost 16.

You do the math.

(to be completely honest, about 5 years ago we did it to see if we were still compatible. Apparently we are)

Does without an orgasm count? I went 8 years during my 20's. I had a battery addiction and couldn't orgasm with a clitoral stimulation of a vibrator. After a house fire I didn't replace my toys but it took 8 years for a vaginal orgasm to finally happen. I only use power toys sparingly now...

cat

Guest c**io**m7

8 days now and counting...

But, seriously...almost 2 years is the longest I have gone since virginity lost.