More Beautiful Then You Think

Guest webothscore

I'm not shy. I will chime in :) while I am only about 15 lbs overweight, I figure I have problems much bigger than that, so it's up to me to work it off if I want. Nice video. Most people are better looking than they think.

Wow! That's a great video. Very powerful. They should play that in schools. I have nieces in school that suffer from body image and self esteem issues. They're physically attractive and nice kids but still pay more attention to what they perceive as their flaws. Even as adults, too many people derive their self worth from what others think of them, yet don't fully take to heart the compliments they receive. I have a cousin who weighed almost 200 pounds. She lost 65 pounds and gets lots of compliments but says when she looks in the mirror, she still sees herself at 200 pounds. She thinks the compliments are just people trying to be nice and not necessarily sincere. I'm much more comfortable in my own skin now than I was a few years ago, yet I'm still somewhat uncomfortable receiving compliments. It doesn't matter what people say, you have to feel it yourself. Hopefully videos like this will help people feel better about themselves.

• Like 3

Self esteem is definitely a problem in society today. Unfortunately it's easier for people to be brought down than it is to be put up. You can have a dozen compliments but that one negative seem to stick out.

When I was a kid my mother use to always say very hurtful things like I was worthless, useless, no good and to this day even though I know I'm not those things I do find myself sometimes believing it. The point is when we're young we're easily brought down and can impact the rest of your lives, so I think it important to teach this at a young age. Make people aware of the good in them and leave out any negative. We all have flaws so stop pointing them out and start pointing out the good qualities, cause that is what make you beautiful.

• Like 2

Im sure we can ALL relate to this. Even Men. They seem to leave men out of these campaigns supporting self esteem.

Here's the male version.

• Like 2

Guest B**na***oy

I'm not necessarily a handsome man, but I learned very early in life to go deeper than skin level in my application of others. You don't have to dig very deep to discover much more valuable assets aligned on values rather than physical attributes.

I also find that the nicer people tend to congregate on CERB, ;-)

I absolutely love this commercial!!! I'm very big on helping promote self-esteem and have worked in the past with several campaigns and groups back home in the UK on this and it was a great privilege to do so!!! Also, it is very true that men suffer from self-esteem issues as well. Have had many conversations in chat with male members who lack self-esteem and I hope I was able to help them in any way possible.

• Like 2

I think most men suffer from low self esteem. But lucky for us the Cerb woman can see beyond our physical looks and provide us with a experience of affection and sensual pleasure. I think they can see beyond our physical appearance and see our inner beauty.

That is why I enjoy being with women from Cerb.

Thanks again to women of Cerb for being so loving and caring.

xoxoxoxox to all of you.

• Like 2

Thanks for that post!!!

I would have to say, the best part of being in this service is when you encounter an individual that is feel blue, or suffering from low esteem, weather is it cause from body image or from years of spousal abuse( yes men get abused as well!) then they leave feeling good about themselves! Chin up and feeling like a strong man! This is when I feel most satisfied in my career, and it helps to re-iterate my feelings that this is a form of touch therapy is something that us humans need!

Thanks for opening this discussion, as I feel that the men in our socity are overlooked in the issues of self esteam, eating disorders, and abuse:(

• Like 4

We've all met shallow people, those who judge the people around them by the aesthetic beauty on display... and usually we find them distasteful. They fail to see what YOU see in others.

The problem is, most of us are incredibly shallow when it comes to our own aesthetic beauty. We focus on the aspects of ourselves that fail ... whether it be dark circles under our eyes, a heavy midsection, a receding hairline or whatever - when WE look at the mirror and see ourselves, we don't concentrate on the fantastic, we micro-analyze the miniscule.

The problem with that? We sell ourselves short.

A little Old Dog story....

I was a heavy kid. Not morbidly obese, but HEAVY. At the age of 18, something happened within my metabolism and BOOM. I wasn't heavy anymore.

Problem was... HEAVY Dog was still in my brain. I sold myself short. I was interested in so many young women but HEAVY Dog said, "you're not worthy. She can do better." I was fit. I was tanned. I was a golden blonde and had all my hair. But still HEAVY Dog ruled.

Eventually I became more confident, and became engaged to a beautiful woman... (I didn't know then she was Lucifer's handmaiden) ... but when the word got out that I was getting married, something happened.

Women came out of the woodwork. Women that I always felt that were completely out of my league... and all of them in one way or another asked a single question, "Why didn't you ever ask me out?" I was flabbergasted. I had no idea. These were women of my dreams - beautiful, charming, funny and at one time or another extremely available - but I was so sure that I was too hideous to even merit their attention, I was oblivious to the fact that there was indeed, a great deal of attention.

The moral of that story? Be happy in who you are. Be happy in how you look. Be confident and charming and witty and beautiful... because somewhere out there, right now, is someone that is thinking about YOU. They don't see your imperfections. They see the beauty that resides in each and every one of us. They see your beauty whether it is on the surface or surrounding you like a glow.

• Like 4

Guest D***el B***e

Thanks Claire, very compelling post. There have been multiple studies done on the subject and the results are often the same. We often sell ourselves short for no reason at all. It gave me the time to think a lot about myself.

Thanks, Claire, for this inspiration. It's brilliant, and so appropriate.

• Like 1

On Self-Image issues: when I approach her door I wish I were 40 lbs lighter. I wish my man boobs were smaller. I wish my hair was a bit less grey. I wish there wasn't that white patch in my moustache. I wish I was 2" longer. I wish Ed was just my cousin's name.

Then the door opens and my mind only knows her eyes, her smile, her kiss, and all I want is to be there forever for the next hour.

• Like 2

Guest ChantalSummers

Very inspiring post, Claire!! I'm very touched. Smile hard!! It really is true that we are our worst critics. Mainly we people we meet will see the good in us and for what and who we are.

Well said! Men have many of the same issues. We just keep it to ourselves most of the time

What don't we keep to ourselves! (other than farts) :D

• Like 1

Guest **cely***r***ne

Nice thread Claire!

The video totally depicted how differently we see ourselves...very interesting.