Men can say the dumbest things

Well lets face it we all can.:icon_biggrin: Lately I've heard a few silly comments, although I'm sure they weren't meant to rude, insulting or silly. But if I might say, gentlemen, when meeting an sp, for a good start to a session it might be a good idea to start off with a complimentary statement or just an I'm glad to see you, or it's nice to finally meet, ect, not.........

1.oh I see you fake your height! Well I am 5ft9, so no, but I do wear heels, like most ladies, and in them I appear very tall, over 6ft. So even though I know what he meant it wasn't the nicest way to put it.

2.Are those real? lol, well we all know by now! Do you really need to ask?

Ladies nowadays add to their nails, hair, eyelashes and yes boobs, just appreciate them don't question them, not on an appointment at least.

3.Oh, your voice doesn't match your pictures, wha? So is that a good thing? This isn't appropriate either especially when you don't follow it up with a it's much nicer or it's sexier, some compliment.After all I have a nice voice!

4.How long have you been doing this? Wha-again, hmmm perhaps today I look a little more tired than usual? I wonder. But my response always will be -not as long as you!! Does it really matter how long either of us having been doing "this."After all you wanted to meet and we are both here so lets make it fun not awkward!

5.oh, your feet are soft! Ahhh, are'nt they supposed to be?

6.You seem very intelligent-seem?? Not sure how to respond to that one other than, well maybe thats because I am.

These are the funniest ones of late , I had to mention them just to give some gentlemen an idea as to whats not a good idea to say-especially on a first meeting.

• Like 5

Cristy,

As a general rule we are all very well aware that when it comes to affairs of the penis most men tend to revert teenage boys when presented with a beautiful sensual woman and the very likely prospect that we'll get getting lucky. Its like our penis turns off something in our brains. I get so nervous when meeting with an SP that I actually have to consciously filter everything I say very carefully so that I don't end up blubbering on like a complete idiot. As a result of this conscious filter I have been told that I speak exactly like I write which is funny because in writing you almost always get a chance to proof read what you want to say before sending it out there. So I'm quite sure that in person I come off as a dork rather than a sauve and sexy gent. I've got to know one SP pretty well since starting and after many hours together I'm just getting to the point where the sickening nervousness doesn't get me and I'm just me.

I'm pretty sure you can chalk those oddball comments up to nerves for the most part. However, the feet or voice comment I might make myself :)

• Like 7

Even as a confident, experienced provider like myself, I too have gotten nervous to meet a client for the first time. I have said some pretty silly things...like the Gent just told me what he does for a living, then stupid me, I go ask a 2nd time! Gawd, did I just say that??? I laugh at myself!

So I would not think that Dumb is the word, just nervous, that is all. Most of the people I encounter are smart, successful men who just tripped over their words in the glow of radiating beauty, hehehe...

• Like 3

Cristy,

As a general rule we are all very well aware that when it comes to affairs of the penis most men tend to revert teenage boys when presented with a beautiful sensual woman and the very likely prospect that we'll get getting lucky. Its like our penis turns off something in our brains. I get so nervous when meeting with an SP that I actually have to consciously filter everything I say very carefully so that I don't end up blubbering on like a complete idiot. As a result of this conscious filter I have been told that I speak exactly like I write which is funny because in writing you almost always get a chance to proof read what you want to say before sending it out there. So I'm quite sure that in person I come off as a dork rather than a sauve and sexy gent. I've got to know one SP pretty well since starting and after many hours together I'm just getting to the point where the sickening nervousness doesn't get me and I'm just me.

I'm pretty sure you can chalk those oddball comments up to nerves for the most part. However, the feet or voice comment I might make myself :)

I agree, I'm sure in most cases these types of comments are because of nerves as in the start of the thread I included we, as I've certainly made a few myself. But a friendly reminder never hurts:icon_biggrin: Loved your explanation, thank you.

Oy, some of those are cringe-worthy. Speaking as a man, I can regrettably confirm that yes, we say some dumb stuff. On behalf of my gender let me say we appreciate that you all put up with us! :)

As nlwoodchurck says, you can probably attribute most of them to nervousness. And Miss Sophia is right that the more stunning the Lady the more stumbling the man will likely be. So I suppose in a way you could take odd lines as a good sign.;)

Nevertheless, Cristy, those are definitely some good tips for a first greeting you've shared. A few thoughts:

1) I'd never have equated heels with "faking height". I don't know many guys that don't think a Lady in heels is sexy, plain and simple (well, maybe "plain" isn't the best word :bowdown:).

2) I've never understood the need to ask "are those real". I'm more with the line of thinking "if I can touch them, they're real!" :)

3) A follow-up compliment confirming that by "not expected" one means "better than expected" is definitely the way to go (as an aside, you do indeed have a very nice voice!).

4) Facepalm. Nuff said.

5) I have to admit I can understand giving a line like this. Eyes are generally beautiful, feet soft, and hair shiny, but sometimes they are especially so and such observations can be hard not to make, especially if it's favourite a feature.

6) The dreaded "seems like"! I confess I've been guilty of this one in the past, and always want to bite my tongue once the word escapes. As you observe it's not intended to be rude but does turn a compliment into a puzzle. So yes people, for the love of god and chocolate (whichever you worship) leave out the word "seems"!

• Like 2

Ha Ha, I must point out that sometimes it's not nerves it's just plain old stupid.

Idiots and aliens, they walk among us! It's just that the aliens try not to do or say things that shout,"I'm an alien". Idiots on the other hand, seem to like to draw attention to themselves whenever possible.

There is a saying, "It is far better to say nothing and have people think that you might be stupid than to open your mouth and remove all doubt".

• Like 1

Guest Ot**w***og****n

Sometimes I open my mouth just to change feet. It happens, yet I don't make rude or insensitive comments to anyone. Besides, in addition to the donation fee I put a pre-printed letter of apology in the envelope just in case! LOL

I seem to be missing the filter that most normal people have between their brain and their mouth so I'm notorious for saying dumb, thoughtless or insensitive things that I don't realize were so until afterwards. I never mean any harm but often find myself backpedaling because of blurting out something stupid.

With regard the the "Are those real?" question, perhaps you should just answer, "Yeah. Real expensive."

;-)

• Like 1

There is a saying, "It is far better to say nothing and have people think that you might be stupid than to open your mouth and remove all doubt".

Ohhh now I'm wondering about what stupid things I may have said...

Next time I'm going to be too afraid to say anything. Just "thank you" when I leave...

• Like 1

Next time I'm going to be too afraid to say anything. Just "thank you" when I leave...

No worries hun, you always know what to say to make a gal feel good!

• Like 1

ohh, I wouldn't want you to feel that way, this post was just pointing out some things that have been said but you should still feel you can be yourself and speak freely just if you do fumble have a comeback, lol. I don't mean to hurt any feelings or cause anyone to be self concious just to be a little more careful with their words:)

When it comes to making comments that you probably shouldn't most women have a strong intuitive sense about what type of man they are dealing with. (Maybe more so in this business.)

Ladies can tell if your an insensitive guy who thinks he's hot shit or a genuinely good, loveable guy who has an innate ability to put his foot in his mouth. As such, usually the ladies reaction will correspond to the "type" of man who's made the comment. i.e. punch to the throat versus a playful tap and her saying, "you're terrible".

Basically, be thoughtful but don't worry too much. If you're one of the "good guy's" the lady can tell and deal with you accordingly.

• Like 4

To get this thread back to where Cristy originally intended I'll tell a story of one of my "Dumb" comments that after realizing it I still shake my head at to this day.

On my very first visit with an SP I was "very" nervous about the whole experience including whether the lady would be pleased with how I looked (I didn't want her to open the door and think , "oh no"). This SP was an absolute sweetheart and could sense my unease and worked very hard to make my first experience a very positive one. One of the many comforting things that she did was pay me compliments about my dress and appearance. I am very self aware and have no illusions about what I see in the mirror but I found her effort was very sweet and I appriciated it. After we had removed our clothes and "played" for a little while I started to feel much more comfortable being with her on an intimate level and my guard (filter) came down a little bit. In another sweet attempt at further reassurance the SP commented softly, "you have a nice body". Now instead of my "filter" kicking in and me saying, "thank you, that's sweet to say" I waved my hands up and down my body (in a check me out fashion) and said, (in a "trying" to be funny tone) "It's all natural baby!".

I'm not sure why I said that and I've pondered over it many times but what sounded silly and light in my head came out of my mouth with a tone sounding like, "baby, you are sooooo lucky to be with me". As soon as it was out, it was like I heard a needle scratch across a record and my minds filter screamed, "WTF you tool!". The amazing SP never reacted or said anything but I've always lamented that moment since.

I've seen that SP a number of times since so she's getting to see the real me over time and hopefully will forget that innocent comment that came out like an arrogant asshole.

• Like 1

Guest *Ste***cque**

Oh man... guilty!! I regularly put my foot in it! I think I have a decent brain but when I am around women, I don't know what happens?

I think it's hard for my brain to work when it keeps repeating in my mind "oh boy, ass, ass, ass, tits, tits, tits".

My wife tells me she would feel sorry for me if I ever had to re-enter the dating world. I sometimes have no idea how I landed her?

My latest faux pas were:

My wife recently asked how bad her hair looked with all the foggy weather and I said "good... why, do you think you look like the lion king". Offended!

A girl said her name (April) could not be shortened and I said you could go by Ape. Offended!

Those are just some recent examples so to any of you ladies I might visit, my apologies in advance!

In terms of making gaffes outside the SP client relationship I have too many to list but here's one that happened last weekend.

My wife is extremely beautiful and gets hit on alot and we were sitting around entertaining and her sister was there. Well they started a discussion about being hit on and my wife mentioned one guy who is always telling her how beautiful she is and it makes her a little uncomfortable and she said to me,"do you mind that other guys hit on me". I responded, "No, have you seen you, you're so hot it hurts! I can't blame any guy for wanting what I've got".

So her sister chimed in that the guy had made comments to her too and even said that he thought my wife and her sister looked like twins. I turned and said, "My God no! You don't look anything like xxxxx (my wife), sure you're completely different shapes".

Now I've known my sister-in-law for about 20 years and while there might be sibling resemblance they don't look alike to me. Well she was like very taken aback, out of one side of my mouth I said my wife was very beautiful and then out of the other side I told her sister that she looked nothing like my wife. Although, I actually don't find my sister-in-law all that attractive (she is but not to me) I had to do alot of back peddling damage control to save face.

• Like 2

Lmao ya some of those things does sound ear gringing. the good thing for me is I tend to be pretty shy and tend not to talk much. I usually follow the ladies lead. I eventually open up and probably said a few things I haven't, but it would completely unintentionally. I can even see myself say to someone that they have soft feet. Cause mine are rough as hell! In my personal life I have to admit I often say things but don't mean it the way it sounds and usually gets taking out of context then I have to explain myself without doing it again. So whether its a guy thing or not I'm guilty to some degree.

• Like 1

Makes one wonder about the mindset of some clientele. Are they really there for the experience of being with some marvelously gifted entrepreneurial person? One would hope that their brain was engaged when choosing a service provider for the date. Otherwise, they are really missing out, if they think all it is is the physical.

I too have been speechless or a had a case of the starters on first introductions. But hopefully they have picked up that the reaction was due to the depth of presence and all that was conveyed.

I admit once a sex worker gave me a quick visual flash while passing by. I forgot where I was driving my scooter for the moment and hit the restaurant wall. It did cause a bit of excitement with the maître d' and staff. I think I was more in shock then she was. The wall just came out of nowhere :) a humbling experience and the rest of the date went extremely well.

PatrickGC

• Like 3

Guest B**na***oy

Men say the dumbest things because we are born clumsy and then it deteriorates. Luckily, god created the woman to hold us by the hand and despite our flaws make us bieleve we're sacred objects of desire. LOL

I've come up with a biological reason why men say the dumbest things.

You see the expression thinking with his penis and not his head. Well you when a man has an erection it increases blood flow to the penis causing blood loss to the brain making it biologically impossible to think before they talk so that is why we say dumb things. We don't even realize it.

Ok I just made that up, just chalk that up to another dumb thing men say.

• Like 1

I don't necessarily believe I say the dumbest things, but I do realize that a lot of what I say gets lost in translation at times. English from the UK is definitely not the same as english from Canada. There are many words I use that confuse people over here based on the context we use them in. So I have definitely had some odd looks at times from some of the women I've met over here, but fortunately my father is Canadian, so I am pretty used to your style of the language. The entertainment begins when I head south of the border!!! I've spent a lot of time in the US, but there is clearly a language barrier there between us!!! Thank God I'm from West London and not a Geordie or from the Outer Hebrides, there would be some serious communication issues then!!!!

• Like 1

My 2 cents,

Cerb ladies can be intimidating because you are all so beautiful and we can't believe that we are able to be in your company so we say stupid things. It's different for us guys then talking to a coworker because we have knowledge of what we are talking about and are confidence in it.

Once we get to know you better and feel more comfortable the conversations will turn out better, I promise.

• Like 1

I say dumb things on a daily basis. I don't think I'm wired right. I either try not to talk too much or wait for the blank stare or quizzical look, then go over what I just said and start explaining.

Maybe if when you hear something a bit odd, ask something like - " did you just say ...... ?". Chances are the guy will think about what just came out of his mouth, evaluate how dumb it sounded then re-state in a more ... normal way. Probably the guy is trying to compliment, be funny or just making conversation. Something happens between the brain and the mouth for some of us. I can think of a plethora of examples for myself. None yet today ... it's still early though ...

• Like 1