If it were possible to travel back in time which period of time would you want to go back to and why?

I want to be like Dr Who and time travel back and forth with hot companions. I can think of a few from cerb I'd like to take along... :)

• Like 2

Guest B**na***oy

I would just want to go back a few days and play the upcoming wining lottery ticket. ;-)

I was going to say I too wouldn't mind going back just a few days earlier. It was a week ago I got to spend a terrific time with one of the wonderful Ladies here and I could quite happily relive that again. On second thought though, it would probably really freak my past self out if present day me showed up to join in!

Instead I'll pick 5th century Byzantium. There's just so much culture, history, and philosophy that would be amazing to experience first hand. That said, I think a short visit would be enough. I'd miss good drink, HBO, and indoor plumbing too much to stay!

• Like 1

Pigale, France, 1950-60's .

To visit the underground lesbian bars and/or see what lesbian prostitution was all about in that period.

Just by curiosity

• Like 1

I think I would go back to the mid sixties and hopefully with a WHACK of cash. Could you imagine picking up vintage toys, amazing music... and maybe an original Warhol or Elvgren for pennies on the dollar?

• Like 1

Guest Ot**w***og****n

I'd go back in time before my wife had cancer then died...enough said.

I'd go back in time before my wife had cancer then died...enough said.

I hear ya my friend, but the problem with that is experiencing it all over again.

• Like 1

Guest Ot**w***og****n

True enough OD...I'm still living the nightmare.

I hear ya my friend, but the problem with that is experiencing it all over again.

I'd go back to my high school and college years.....in my highschool and college body of course. But retaining my current adult knowledge and intelligence level.......my god there are SO many "missed opportunities" if you get my drift. So many "face palm" moments that I look back on and cringe lol. Dear lord was I ever clueless when it came to girls. A girl had to practically come right out and say "I wanna fuck you silly" for me to get the hint :p

Additional Comments:

Oh and the sixties......the sexual revolution!!!

• Like 4

I have a fascination with the eras 30's,40's and 50's. So if I could I'd like to go back and experience all of those times. The 30's and 40's seemed so glamorous, of course this is from my perception through watching movies, but in reality there was an innocence then that is now gone, I believe. The fifties just seemed so sexy, the clothes, the cars, still innocent times but a little more advanced than the 30's and 40's.

Edited by cr**tyc***es
  • Like 2

I'd go back to the early 80's and invest in Apple and Microsoft. Enough said.

• Like 1

I would go back to the 50's. I love everything about that era....the music, the clothes, the cars and what that whole generation stood for in terms of values.

In some ways I'm old fashioned where the husband is the King in the house and the whole concept of taking care of your house and having dinner on the table by 6 Pm. I'm sure if I lived in that era, my man would be very well taken care of in all aspects. ;)

• Like 6

Guest webothscore

I echo the high school comment from page one, but I will add to that by saying you could influence the course of life a little more, maybe, who knows. It is what it is and live on...how awesome was ottawa weather today...

What a wonderful question : )

Ancient Rome - No one does power like the Romans. I would love to witness a triumphal procession in the streets of Rome or a fiesty oration in the Senate.

17th century France - I have long been fascinated with Louis XIV and I would love to spend time at the court of Versailles basking in the indomitable radiance of the Sun King.

18th century - I would love to spend time at a salon listening to the enlightened thinkers, especially Voltaire.

1920s - bobbing my hair and doing the fox trot sounds like a lot of fun.

1940s - I grew up on stories of World War II and I would love to go back to work in the war effort.

• Like 2

1979-1989 please!

Every time I see old show posters from that era I wish I could go back!

Be it punk/hardcore matinees at CBGB's, thrash nights at Ruthie's Inn, or the apparently legendary nights at Wellington's right here in Winnipeg. I was born in the wrong damn era

• Like 1

I would want to meet Jesus. Ask him the question,

WHY?

Tell him about the future and what happens after his passing.

Then I would go back and like someone else said, do the lottery....

• Like 1

Guest s******ecan****
Pigale, France, 1950-60's .

To visit the underground lesbian bars and/or see what lesbian prostitution was all about in that period.

Just by curiosity

Please return with some high quality black and white photos and video :)

After all its nice to share.

The old west. I would love to run a saloon , have ladies who work for me. I love all the corsets and hair and dresses. I love the movie "bad girls" and this is the era I would go back to. Of course, I would buy real estate.....As much as I could afford.