Attention All Scar-Lovers!

Most of us have at least one scar. Many of us have a big scar, or even many. Point is, scars rule and I just love 'em! Never, EVER be ashamed or shy about your scar(s). Show them off with pride, throw your shoulders back a little and stand up straighter when you're asked how you got it. Scars are battle wounds of something we survived! That's why I love them so much. Each and every scar has a story. Some are funny, some are scary, some are amazing, some are benign and some are jaw-dropping. Regardless, it's the mark of a survivor.

Have you got a scar story you'd like to share? Cuz we'd love to hear it! ;-)

• Like 1

Looks very small now but when my brother and I were kids we got into a fight. He grabbed the dog lead and was going to hit me with it. Naturally I put my hands up to protect myself, the lead caught me in the hand and I'm left with what is now a minor scar.

Scar number two. When I was working in Parry Sound when I was 17 we all went swimming one day. We jumped off the roof of a marina into the water. I jumped, went to the bottom, there was some rebar on the bottom of the water, my foot, well left small toe, hit it and it was split open. That stopped everyone from jumping off the roof of the marina.

That's a couple

RG

• Like 1

I've got quite a few scars but the most recent one is on my wrist. I was working when my coworker had left to go to the washroom, so I was by myself when a grinder slipped and jerked which hit my wrist. Did feel a thing and did realize that it was bad. I saw a little blood so I stopped and looked at and it starting dripping fast so I walk to grab a rag but can't since I'm tied up and still wearing a harness by that time there was a puddle of blood. So I grabbed my shirt and applied pressure. Since I've taken first aid several time I knew I needed to patch it up quick so I had to let go of my arm at this point it started squirting out quickly unclip myself and grabbed my wrist with my shirt as fast as possible. Waited for the elevator went down to find the nearest first aid kit wrapped it up and patched and got driven to the hospital where I received 8 stitches and they had to stitched my vein back together and then the wound. If there was one thing good about it, it was I stayed calm and reacted quickly.

• Like 1

i have one pronounced scar, its on my back... i was stabbed as a kid/teenager whilst being robbed... a whole 5$ and a 10$ watch... yay lol

• Like 1

Got a bunch of hockey scars on my face. Pucks sticks and knucles I smile every time I look in the mirror

• Like 1

Guest B**na***oy

Just before seat belts were mandatory in cars, I was involved in an account as a passenger. I went through the windshield nose first. Of course as a young man I was bragging that I got the resulting scar in a bar fight. LOL

I forgot, when I was in the Army some guy threw (hard) a used pyrotechnic casing (it was metal) which caught me in the head. Required stiches.

When I cut my hair right down you can see it.

My war wound...well it happened on a three day exercise

RG

• Like 1

When I was about 5, I was playing on the sofa and fell head first on the TV's corner. Required a few stiches. (I prefer to say I fought the TV and lost though!) Even now, when I cut my hairs too short you can see it.

And I have a half-moon cut on my left thumb. Cut myself in 6th grade trying to open a tuna can.

• Like 1

My nephew had a major operation when he was a kid, he has a big crescent shaped scar. He says it's from a shark bite!

• Like 1

I've got a couple of great leg scars.

I blew out an achilles tendon and have a surgery scar that runs from the bottom of my heal to about mid-calf and this is 70's technology.

I had one of the first ACL reconstructions ever done in Winnipeg in the mid-80's and there was no arthroscopic option then, open incision scar from just below my knee to mid thigh.

Same leg, so it's a beautie :)

I could have been in the movie Crash lol

Peace

MG

• Like 1

I have 3 little half moon scars on my left palm. I was running from store to store in the rain under each awning.. to take an empty pop bottle to the store to trade for some candy. I fell and cut open the artery just above my wrist.. I was lucky.. my mom was a nurse (retired now) and took me to the hospital.. she's not the least bit squeamish cause I was spurting!

• Like 1

I have a scar on my shin from shaving with a 2 blade razor. Not once..twice! Usually from shaving too fast or being in a rush. Was not a good scene when it happened esp the first time when I was 16. I usually put something on it to heal and minimize scars and cover it up with makeup designed for that sort of thing. Eventually it will fade. Now I use a 5 blade! lol.

• Like 1

Guest D***el B***e

I have a fucked up nail on my right thumb .... went camping with a friend and his uncle when I was 12 .... Hey let's cut firewood, where's the ax? No I'll do it, give me the ax, No I'll do it ... so I ended up doing it ... place the log on the ground, hold the log with my right hand (I'm left-handed) and place my thumb duhhhhh on top of the log .... and whaaaaack ... cut my thumb right at the root of the fingernail, clean through the bone but didn't cut the skin in the other side ... my thumb was hanging by the skin. So they patched me up and the nail grew as best as it could. Still hurts a bit at times to this day.

Same thumb ... 10 years later ... was working as a supervisor in a sheet metal shop and I got the same thumb stuck in a stationary grinding wheel ... I had to pull hard to get my hand out of there ... now my thumb looks really good :-)

3 years later .... was enjoying my woodworking hobby at home and must have been thinking about beautiful women again and not focusing on the radial arm saw ... index finger on the left hand went through the blade ... Ouch! lots of blood!!!! All sewed up and good to go, very small scar, it's surprising

10 years ago ... helping my brother-in-law build a large stone wall at his new house ... three of us wiggled a huge rock out of its spot, I slipped and the rock rolled over my right leg and crushed a bit of soft tissue, I have a 2 inch long soft and mushy scar, quarter inch wide.

Want more? I have a few more scars but I'll keep them for later ... lol lol

Scars???

True Story:

When I was a wee pup of 4 or 5, my mom, a neighbour lady and 5 kids went to the Buffalo Zoo.

Mom got us all a bit of "kibble" to feed the baby goats, lambs and sundry other small animals in the petting zoo. Baby animals are rather cautious and will eat the kibble out of your hands delicately. It was cool.

I had finished the kibble distribution and left with the other kids to look at larger animals. We started with the most vicious evil fucking animals on the face of the planet. Yes, of course I speak of the demonspawn commonly known as a Llama.

Apparently, Fuckface the Llama and his cronies decided that I should have held some kibble back for them. Perhaps they smelled fear. Regardless, Lord VoldeLlamaMort decided that my wrist smelled enough like kibble to cause this giant hairy evil shit demon to lock his venomous alpaca fangs into me. There was screaming. There was shaking. There was blood. And to this day I still bear the scar on my wrist where the Llaminator decided to deploy his hellish mandibles.

I hate Llamas.

I used to have a scar where my brother decided to show off his great skill at flinging laminated playing cards. He flung it towards me at great velocity and at close range; it lodged itself in my chest right at the breastbone. It left a one inch diagonal scar that I bore for many years....

... until the mother of all scars. Heart surgery. Big one. A foot long scar in the centre of my chest supplemented by a scar of equal length on my left forearm and my left leg.... I just tell people that those were the places that they introduced my adamantine skeletal replacement parts... ;)

• Like 2

Guest R**ee**ov***9

TIGER SHARK: I used to be a cutter. I cut my left forearm and my legs.. When kids ask how it happened I say that I'm a tiger shark.. I'm sure the statement frightens them.. But at least it's doesn't send them into years of counselling from the mental scars that the truth would leave.. It has been proven by doctors that it is euphoric for it releases endorphins.. It is like a high..

When I am having a panic attack and I'm crying sooo hard I start vomiting or dry-heaving if I have an empty stomach.. I do it.. And it calms me down almost instantaneously.. I just wanted to explain my remark for those that had a hard time understanding my hint.. You needed to read in between the lines.

Take care <3 xoxoxox

HAPPY belated CANADA DAY!:tongue:

Both my forearms and the fingers on my left hand bear multiple scars from various burns and cuts I've sustained from 13 years of work in various kitchens. I didn't always have the best knife skills when I was younger. they aren't really noticeable unless you're looking for them. The one noticeable one is on the inside of my left forearm, it's the result of a lighter and dumbassery.

The other fun ones I have are a couple of small ones on the knuckles of my index and middle finger on my right hand. I was washing dishes years ago and a glass broke in my hand. No first aid stuff in the house, plus I'd had a few to drink so I wasn't leaving to pick any up. I wound up wrapping the fingers in kleenex, then winding an old bootlace around them. Needless to say the damage healed perfectly! ;)

I have a scar that runs from my bellybutton to my groin.

I also have scars on the palm of both hands from Carpel Tunnel Syndrome surgery.

Guest D***el B***e

I have an half inch long scar just at the bridge of my nose ... took a hockey stick in the face when I was young. The scar hasn't disappeared to this day and I am well into my mid ahh-choo..ties!

Additional Comments:

... and also, I witnessed my brother kill a small bird when I was about seven years old .... but that's an emotional scar! lol lol