A toast to Canada!

With Canada Day around the corner, I thought I'd throw out a simple question:

What aspect of Canada do you appreciate the most?

Perhaps a law or piece of culture? Something about the geography or history? Our country may not be perfect but overall I'd say we do fairly well. One of the things I like about Canadians is we tend to be relatively humble, but let's put it aside for now and give a

(You know, other than the fact that we clearly have the best beaver! :icon_razz:)

• Like 5

Guest webothscore

Without a doubt the diverse nature is unbeatable. It allows for a wealth of activities given the stretch of the seasons. Great post btw.

When I was younger I thought the States had it all, they have the warm climates and it appeared, more exciting cities, but as I've gotten older I realize just how lucky I am to be a Canadian. We are globally respected, lucky to still have beautiful parks and green spaces, however we are still very behind when it comes to animal rights, Europe leads the way there, and environmental issues, still dropping the ball, but we have Harper sadly, as a leader so what can you expect! All in all though Canada is a wonderful country and I'm proud to be Canadian:)

here's a link For its many attractions

http://gocanada.about.com/od/canadatravelplanner/tp/reasonstovisit.htm

Edited by cr**tyc***es
  • Like 3

The Good Life -- As Canadians we enjoy one of the highest qualities of life in the world. The clean environment makes for clean living.

ohcanadalyrics.jpgimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcSvSiobt2_h1uCMdFssU5WJwlbmTklmlU_-JiKK5qgw5nKoVjikcanadaday.jpeg

• Like 1

Guest A*ro**n

I know it sounds kitschy, but the multi-culturalism is great. It doesn't feel as segragated as it does in the states. Also, it doesn't hurt the dining experience either. In Winnipeg, basically there's restaurants serving cuisine from all over the world.

I think in travelling to other countries, you really get an appreciation for what we have here in terms on quality of life and happiness. I've been fortunate enough to get to travel for work and for pleasure, and although it's nice to visit these places, you really see what home has to offer. Although, I could get used to living in the South of France :)

Happy Canada Day to all!

The gorgeous women.

The maple syrup

The gorgeous scenery.

Gorgeous women cover of maple syrup while being outside in said scenery.

The full right that LGBT have.

• Like 1

What I like about Canada? There would be a long list but here is few:

Its a beautiful country and everyone is friendly

Our national mascot is a beaver (pun intended)

We have Mike Myers, Jim Carey, Old Dog, Lee Richards, Pistol Pete etc.

We also have Cleo Catra, Katrine Cannon, Gabriella Laurence, Claire Heavens etc.

We have all four seasons Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall

Freedom of speech

Health care

And so many more...

• Like 1

Having travelled a fair amount over the years, it is always the best place in the world to come home to IMHO. To the many Canadians who complain about things here, I would suggest you broaden your horizons by seeing life elsewhere. We truly have it pretty good overall and I for one love this country.

• Like 1

Guest ***nno**n***

One of my favorite things about Canada is our international acceptance. We have a great name and reputation all across the world.

Canadians are welcomed in every country I have traveled to so far. I love our diversity and space!

Happy Birthday Canada!

Guest M****ella's C****s (retire

I love and feel most myself when I'm out of range and in the wilderness. I love that we have so much variety in terms of our natural landscapes and wildlife. It's just so rich in beauty and wonder. There are so many more reasons why I love this country I call my home, but that's the one I'm going with.

Happy Canada Day everyone!! ^__^

Guest realnicehat

While there is so much to love I owe a huge debt to our health care system. Well, actually I don't owe a huge debt and that is what makes it so incredible. I had a serious illness which required years of treatment. In other parts of the world I could be broke, still sick, or dead. We are blessed to live in this amazing country!

Happy Canada Day everyone! I am grateful to live in a country that allows us the freedoms that we have. Today is a day where we can all take some time to take stock of what we have as a country as a whole. Its beautiful landscapes, terrain and breath taking views along with the diversity and multiculturalism where people seem to welcome and accept one another. I love our own little melting pot that we have right here on Cerb as well!

Edited by Nicolette Vaughn
Too many typos after too many Canada Day drinks! lol
  • Like 1

I lived in the US for awhile. I lived in Europe for awhile. What I missed most about this great place we call Canada, was it's people. The average day to day folks we encounter at the gas station or at Canadian Tire or on this forum. :) Good old Canadians are what I missed and why I kept coming back home!

• Like 2