When are you most nervous?

When arranging an encounter, which part gets your nerves tingling?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. When arranging an encounter, which part gets your nerves tingling?

• Sending initial message/awaiting reply
    • First phone call conversation
    • Counting down the hours on the appointed day
    • The drive over
    • The walk to the door
    • The opening of the door
    • Getting undressed
    • None of the above; I've got nerves of steel!
    • Other?

This is a question for everyone.

I'm curious at what point in the process of arranging an encounter are your nerves most on edge? Though perhaps 'anticipatory' or 'expectant' would be a better word. Basically, when does your heart start to beat just a little bit faster?

For me, it's actually the wait after I send an initial email/pm that gives me a bit of the jitters. I spend what is probably a silly amount of time writing, rewriting, editing, deleting, going for a walk, and then writing again that first message. And I still end up wondering if I didn't include enough information. Or perhaps too much! Or inadvertently said something inappropriate. I still find myself holding my breath a moment each time I check my messages to see if there's been a reply. And my pulse never fails to pick up when one does arrive!

• Like 7

Guest Ot**w***og****n

I would have to say in all honesty I no longer get nervous or the jitters with respect to a pending encounter. I enjoy the anticipation of meeting some one new and equally enjoy the anticipation of meeting someone once again. Maybe it's because I am long in the tooth, but I recall in my younger days being somewhat anxious when meeting a new companion for the first time. I very much enjoy the excitement of taking a lady to dinner and then having desert later at her place. Life is good...life is to be enjoyed to the fullest.

I'm the most nervous/excited a few hours before an encounter. Once I get checked into my hotel and am getting the suite ready (gift bag with donation out, wine chilling etc) heart is pounding...surprised I don't slip and fall in the shower LOL just waiting for the knock on the door. About a half hour before the lady is to arrive the tv is turned off (more I want to make sure I hear her knocking) and my head turns, looking at the clock, looking at the door, back and forth, back and forth, heart a pitter pattering away. And I'm this way whether I'm seeing a lady for the first time or fifth time or fiftieth time

And on occasion when I'm seeing a lady at her incall, heart is pitter pattering from the time I leave home till I arrive on time at the lady's place...and those trips are usually about 3 1/2 hours long, heart pounding all the way. One of those trips I even had Carly Simon's song "Anticipation" playing in my head

And the day I don't feel that way about an encounter, well that is the day I pack it in

A rambling

RG

• Like 4

The whole freaking process is incredibly erotic and exciting. Then the lady opens the door and I see her beauty and catch her scent.... Then for me it ratchets up from there.

• Like 3

Guest A*ro**n

For me, it's between the scheduling and the appointment. Mind's just racing.

Great question Brad.

Can ladies answer or would you prefer a guest only point of view?

Sandi

Please do, the question is for everyone and it's always good to get all perspectives.

• Like 1

I'm with you Brad, I'm constantly rewriting and proof reading when I send an email or pm. Then if I don't get a prompt response, I always think I said something stupid or offensive. And then when I do get a response, I think I get the most nervous right before I open it! I've gotten better in the year and a half that I've been doing this but there are still some nerves.

• Like 2

I think I will always feel a bit of nervous excitment when meeting a lady for the first time.

I remember seeing a now retired lady. I saw her numerous times. Each time I arrived at her place I could hear her steps in heels on hard wood floor through the door. Always made my heart skip a beat in anticipation.

• Like 1

I don't get nervous, sometimes I get excited though. I made it a practice in the past not to look at a mans profile before meeting him as I liked to be surprised but I've since learned that its a much better idea to read his posts, recos, and search to see who he's visited with to decide if a meeting would be a good idea. This saves great disappointments and awkward moments. Then I can get excited about the thoughts of how we will interact and all the other naughty details to come;)

• Like 3

Guest B**na***oy

The wait is always killing me and to make matters worst, I have the habit of booking my appointments many days ahead of the meeting. I just like the pain and suffering I guess, but the reward is always worth it. ;-)

Thank you Brad - good poll.

To me it is opening the door.

So many things are going through my mind. Will he like what he sees? Will he be happy? Is he going to be a nice guy? Am I going to be safe? Will there be problems?

As soon as we hug though, it all goes away and I just enjoy myself.

• Like 5

For me, it's definately the hours leading up to the meeting. I'm usually fine until that point. It's just watching the clock and counting down the minutes. Also trying to make sure I leave on time to get there at the right time, but not too early either. Once I'm there, instincts take over and I can relax again.

• Like 1

Thank you Brad - good poll.

To me it is opening the door.

So many things are going through my mind. Will he like what he sees? Will he be happy? Is he going to be a nice guy? Am I going to be safe? Will there be problems?

As soon as we hug though, it all goes away and I just enjoy myself.

You are so sweet, your kindness, honesty and sexiness comes through all your posts and you should never question if someone will like what they see, for if they don't see you for all you are well their loss and a big one-just had to say:) Sorry Brad not hijacking just had to comment:)

• Like 3

@Cristycurves: You wrote : but I've since learned that its a much better idea to read his posts, recos, and search to see who he's visited with to decide if a meeting would be a good idea. This saves great disappointments and awkward moments.

Oh, yes, it does save disappointments and awkward moments. I give to a prospective date certain physical info about myself - race, weight, and height. There are times ( if the lady is from out of town) that I even go further and send a face pic. I also mention interests, in case we share the same which can then be a conversation topic when we meet. By so doing, the lady can have some idea of who she is meeting. When reality doesn't meet expectations, the encounter can be awkward or even unpleasant for both.

• Like 1

Guest ***nno**n***

For me it's when I see a new person, opening the door and the first hug.

Now when it's someone I have seen a few times I get excited, thinking of new things I can do to surprise them and make the time even more memorable :-)

I don't generally get nervous. I would get shrug my shoulders while bullets were whizzing past my head all day long...no big deal!!!

Though one woman makes me a little nervous just as I see her each and every time. I don't think it's actual nervousness, more of a nervous excitement to see someone who I actually want to spend my time with.

• Like 1

Guest N***he**Ont**y

There are two SPS that make me nervous before an encounter. I believe its the anticipation after not seeing them in awhile due to scheduling conflicts between us.

For me the most exciting/ nervous time is just before the encounter, anticipating what is to come, what will she be wearing, what will she look like in person(if a first time encounter), will the chemistry be good.....the beauty of a board such as this is that it allows you to have a bit of an understanding/knowledge of whom you have chosen to see and much less chance of being disappointed. In fact I've yet to be disappointed with any of my encounters with a CERB member. They have all been very exciting and satisfying to date.

• Like 1

I am always nervous meeting

someone for the first time.

It only goes away when the door opens & they

genuinely smile at me.

Men I see a second time, no fear at all since I know

they are back because they like me.

New friends though, terrified that I may not live up

to their physical expectations.

Every single time.

Sandi

• Like 4

For sure the walk to the door. For me thats point where it really starts to sink in, "how will i perform? will she be the real thing?" Once ive knocked on he door thats the point of no return. The drive up still gives me the time to consider the encounter. Definitely the walk, it's almost like going to pickup a new girlfriend for the first date!

Edited by McGuinessDraft
Spelling, damn iPhone!

Guest realnicehat

I find the nerves come and go depending on both the situation and the lady.

Quite often I am nervous as I await the first reply. I don't have much of a problem writing the first email, some of you may have noticed that I can be a bit wordy.....

But waiting for that reply, whether it takes 5 minutes or 5 hours, will usually have me on pins and needles. It is a good nervous, and almost always worth it when you get the reply you are hoping for. Not just a confirmation of availability and rates but a real reply with warmth and thought put in to answering your specific questions.

I also find the day of the appointment a little nerve wracking. There is always the thought in the back of my mind of what could go wrong that day that would prevent me from making the rendezvous. I pride myself on arriving on time and thus far have never had to cancel so I am hyper away of anything at work that needs to be dealt with quickly to get me away on time.

Of course there is always the anticipation from the time I leave the house until the door is opened and the hugs and smiles calm me down. I think I've come a long way since one of the earliest ladies I met told me (many joyful meetings later) that I looked like a deer in headlights that first time.

I used to get nervous about how I would perform as well but I have since learned that while it would be great to rock each ladies world it may not always happen. Also, my penis can be a temperamental little fuckwad. I've learned that I can get (and give) as much from simple affection and still walk away quite happy.

Hmmm............turns out I may be a bit of a nervous wreck. Oh well, as Roamingguy said, if the time comes that this is old hat it is time to move on.

For me, it's always 5 mins before the appt is when I get nervous. I find just being in a good mood in general helps me and first impressions are everything. I always greet my guests with a kiss as an icebreaker.

• Like 3

For me its the first call or text. You know how embarrassing it is when we dial the wrong number? Well happened to me once, boy was I ever embarrassed. Now I triple even quadruple check the numbers. I alway seem to reverse 2 numbers.

Guest webothscore

Arrrghh too small of a device. Thought I was doing a copy paste on another thread.

Edited by webothscore
Arrrghh too small of a device. Thought I was doing a copy paste on another thread.