I once cancelled on a guy because he gave me a creep vibe (though I didn't tell him that) and he wrote back 'not cool, darling, not cool at all.' Which doubled the creep vibe and sounded ominous.

If we've never met- call me Cara. Once we've met- call me Cara :)

But once we get to know each other I usually find special nicknames unique to you. Because you're not all the same!!

• Like 2

I personally dislike terms of endearment - giving or receiving - before we have met and shared some time together. It feels forced otherwise.

But if me and a gent have a lovely time, eventually a few sweet words will be spoken; usually the old standbys like "hun" and "sweetie". I have been known to occasionally call gentlemen beasts or brutes. But that's a title ya gotta earn! ;)

• Like 2

I can sometimes see the fakeness of "Hun" a mile away.c

"Hi hun, R U available?" So fake and not to mention don't use letters to replace words. Ugh..

I don't call anyone "hun" unless they've been with me. Actually I don't even say "Hun". Sometimes I say "Thanks Honey" in passing but it's people I know and have spent time with.

Never will I address them by that term unless I've met them.

And I'm no one's "babe" and won't be again. That was reserved for my ex bf but he is long gone now. So please call me by my name until we have been together. Then I won't mind if you address me by a term of endearment. lol.

• Like 3

As a French I could call a gentleman ''mon chéri'' or ''mon poussin'' and he would probably like it! But I hate to use any term - any of those already mentionned - as it is not who I am to use little names. It sounds fake to me so I always call a gentleman by the name he gives me.

But I have to say that I have no problem being called a goddess...

;-)

• Like 3

Guest Lep*******1**7

Babe just for me as I wouldn't feel comfortable calling the lady that.

Hun -- was called that when my sisters teased me when growing up, so not too sexy for me.

Prefer my name....and I prefer to call the lady by her name.

In the end I want to be remembered as an enthusiastic and respectful gentleman!

Why do women like to use the word Babe so much?

It just sounds so generic.

Any suggestions on what other terms of endearment that they could call you?

When I receive a text like "Hey baby" or even worse for some reason unknown to me "Hey bb", I feel icky and want to go take a shower. I'm no one's baby except for my mother's and "Babygirl" is for a bf.

I've got terms of endearments for my regulars but I'm east coast so that how we do it but I wont call someone "hun" ever. It's not my word and wont say a term of endearment to someone I have never met. I find that fake.

• Like 1

usually I just call someone by the name they give, but for someone that has seen me multiple times, sometimes these little endearments just come about.

I don't like it when someone I don't know refers to me as 'babe', especially if it is an introductory email.

• Like 1

Guest st*****ens**ors

I address a woman by her name unless there is an established connection between us. Using "sweetie" or "darling" feels presumptuous, or worse, as though women are interchangeable props.

Ironically enough, the reverse doesn't apply. I like to be called by name, but it makes me happy to be called darling, dear, honey or sweetheart, even on short acquaintance.

I'm sure there's material for a psychology paper in there somewhere but I'd rather not interrogate it too closely.

Call me by my name please! And I will call you by the name you give me. Anything else seems odd, out of place, and not genuine to me. Using the words "Luv, Honey, Babe" does not make anybody warmer or nicer. It is our attitude that makes us genuine warm people, or not.

• Like 2

Call me by my name please! And I will call you by the name you give me. Anything else seems odd, out of place, and not genuine to me. Using the words "Luv, Honey, Babe" does not make anybody warmer or nicer. It is our attitude that makes us genuine warm people, or not.

Very well said Mia!

When I am called something like "Hun, Luv, Sweetshine, ..." I immediately suspect that Lady just don't remember my name if it is in person or did not read my message if it is remote communication. I feel myself one of the guys in the long row where everyone is "Luv, ,,,".

And, frankly speaking, I just hate to be called "Babe" or its variations, especially by young girls.

• Like 2

I correct people when they use "bb" "babe" or whatever else in texts or e-mails. I just say, "my name is Kate".

Most of them get the hint and don't respond again, possibly because they are rightfully embarrassed and possibly because I have ruined whatever fantasy or expectation they have of me. Either way, I don't count it as a loss.

Terms of endearment are for when you have an established bond with someone. Using them to force or fake a bond is tacky.

• Like 3

I find a lot of girls are using hun and babe these days.

Do you like this term when you are a lot older then them?

How would you like to be addressed?

I find a lot of the girls are using Luv and handsome more often. I think it is because they can't remember your name. lol

What else have you been called?

I find a lot of girls are using hun and babe these days.

Do you like this term when you are a lot older then them?

How would you like to be addressed?

When it's the beginning of our communication (initial contact), it's ok that the girl calls me like that... but when we meet and get into business, I find it annoye and prefer that she calls me by my name. In my mind, it makes the GFE more real, more personal between the 2 of us.

• Like 1

I have a regular I'm fond of who calls me hundreds of different pet names and thought it was phony at first but he is a very affectionate person. There is only one person I call handsome but I do have clients that are handsome and will tell them so.

I'm east coast so I always call people "My Dear" sometimes but I don't ever call guys "Hun". I find that a bit too much. It doesn't sound or feel right.

• Like 1

I normally stick with first names. But in a business based on discretion, it's sometimes hard to keep track of as many women work under several names.

For me , the best compliment is when I can make her scream the name of her bf or lover. One time was particularly funny as she apologized after the fact.

• Like 1

I hate Babe, baby girl etc... my name is Meg!!! I WILL call you Hun or sweetie if you find it necessary to call me me by a pet name or not provide with a name to call you by.

• Like 1

I really do prefer being addressed by my real name.

I can see why ladies like to call their clients babe baby Hun sweetie darling etc since you don't have to try remember people's actual names. But all these pet names which in the real world still are terms of endearment lose all meaning when everyone gets called them.

• Like 1