Verified membership and negative reviews: a trial balloon

I never use a fake name when I meet a SP or MA...but, it is first name only. Right away, I have provided more "real" information to the provider than she has provided to me.

If you visited her incall location, you have her address....slightly more potentially dangerous information than your first name, wouldn't you say?

My home address is QUITE real to me.

Edited by xXxAxXx
  • Like 2

Now, a few years ago I pitched the idea of a MENS area just like we have for the SP ONLY area.

This would be the only area where negative comments are welcome and only by qualified members (an extension to the already existing bait and switch and dangerous encounters warning area of each city).

If the area was PRIVATE I would make sure the general population of the site knew about it so that it gives everyone something to work for and encourage contributions.

My idea was instead of verified by ID or CREDIT CARD or a PAID AREA (I don't think that would fly here in canada) but they EARN the right to get into this area by contributing to the site.

To make it even more secure we could help the ladies and the guys both by creating a SP ONLY verification system for the guys. I would also suggest a system where the ladies who have SP ONLY access (Verified) could also VERIFY a guy (some sort of thing on his profile where if 3 or more SP's click it then his account is VERIFIED (or even a rating system like BAD CLIENT, GOOD CLIENT, GREAT CLIENT, ABSOLUTE GENTLEMAN) and only verified SP's would be able to rate and see these ratings but if the guy gets verified by so many SP's he gains access to the VERIFIED MEMBERS area with access to the bad date info too? (again the ladies are already able to do this in social groups, in the SP ONLY area and in PM's so it's just making that easier for them if it was on each guys profile).

For the guys to gain access we could have it as a level promotion (100 or even 500 posts and a member for at least 6 months before they graduate into that area) basically the ELITE member status or SENIOR MEMBER status this way they have time to see what cerb is all about, can't create an account here with the intention of slandering someone and also once they work that hard at building a reputation they don't want to risk loosing it by abusing this privilege. If someone was to gain access then be banned and sneak back onto the site they would need to start from scratch to earn that level back (so it's something more to loose as well so it would cut down on abuse a lot)

Mod, thanks for outlining your thoughts about this general topic. It's helpful to have your view of what's possible here at Cerb.

I really don't know if there is a best way to qualify someone to have the right to post negative reviews, here. My original idea has centered on the problem of anonymity which I do believe encourages some very negative, dangerous and destructive behaviour. While earning the right to more privileges sounds reasonable, and would be in many cases, we have had long-time members with high post-counts, some of whom had received awards from the membership, who had to be permanently banned from the site because of serious misconduct. And, time-consuming as it is, there are men who do bide their time, engage in discussions, post frequently and make a reasonable contribution to Cerb only to use their perceived status as a means of pressuring companions to provide free services or to engage in activities they didn't want to be doing.

Younger women and those who are new to the industry or who have recently joined Cerb are particularly susceptible to this kind of pressure, particularly if they believe that a good review is essential or that their earning capacity can be seriously damaged if they have a bad reputation circulated in the private groups here.

Well-established, reputable ladies are not immune to harassment, either. I've recently had a very troubling situation with someone who seemed to think that being able to frighten or hurt Samantha Evans would be an accomplishment he could be proud of.

We regularly see threads started by members purporting to be concerned about something that they say they experienced with a companion who, for the sake of discretion, they don't identify. I know that I'm not the only one who takes a jaundiced view of such threads. I'm certain that the original posters receive a flurry of PMs asking about the identity of the woman referred to.

I also have concerns about ladies being pressured to verify clients. Positive statements are never a problem, but who will be the first one to issue a warning or a cautionary note? Clients know who they've seen. Women are often reluctant to complain about even significant amounts of violence, harassment, theft and interference because of their legitimate fear of retaliation. And while it is extremely difficult to point to even a handful of cases where a paid companion has stalked a client or caused harm in his personal life or employment, unfortunately that kind of thing is so common that we ladies spend a significant amount of time supporting one another, sharing ideas and resources to help protect each other.

Again, where anonymity is available, people will use it to their own destructive ends.

Just my concerns.....

• Like 3

On to the review section -

Over time I've set up one policy to live by when looking for an SP -How many recommendations does she have, and how long has she been in the business? With a no negative review policy, I decided against seeing a certain SP because of her lack of many recommendations (Despite being in the industry for a while). I could not determine why she had so few, and to basically keep safe, I elected not to see her. With a review instead of a recommendation policy, if she had no negative reviews, I would be much more confident in calling her....

I can understand you would want to set some rules for yourself when its time to meet an SP....personnaly i dont have many reco...maybe the gentlemen i meet just don't write reviews, or some are not on cerb, or maybe because I just started a little over 2 months ago...who knows...IMO i dont think it makes me a bad SP...just a new one! We all have to start somewhere and i'm glad lots of gents don't have this Policy coz i wouldn't be in the biz for long....:) I think it goes both ways...i had to start somewhere and use my instinct for screening clients too...I can't rely on reviews for gents! ( sorry it was a bit off the OP)

Great thread Samantha...been reading every single post...

I really do like mod suggestion for a guys section only for long time members...not just lurkers!

• Like 2

I can understand you would want to set some rules for yourself when its time to meet an SP....personnaly i dont have many reco...maybe the gentlemen i meet just don't write reviews, or some are not on cerb, or maybe because I just started a little over 2 months ago...who knows...IMO i dont think it makes me a bad SP...just a new one! We all have to start somewhere and i'm glad lots of gents don't have this Policy coz i wouldn't be in the biz for long....:) I think it goes both ways...i had to start somewhere and use my instinct for screening clients too...I can't rely on reviews for gents! ( sorry it was a bit off the OP)

I agree with you completely. The lack of recommendations does not indicate that you're a bad SP. From your posts, to be honest, I've always imagined you as the opposite.

But when I mean a long time, I meant much longer then 2 months. I'm not looking for pages of recommendations, just something that gives me a confident feeling seeing an SP. There is one that I've seen here for a while, (over a year or two based on her post history), but she has perhaps less then 10 recommendations. I honestly don't know what to make of it. She doesn't post here often, and does not have any website with additional information.

There might be many reasons for her low recommendation count that has nothing to do with bad experiences. But I can't be sure. I have taken a chance on a lady who had a no-review policy, but only because of her involvement online, and thankfully it did not backfire. I once saw a lady with glowing reviews, with a couple of negative feedbacks (on a different erb), and found that the experience to my disappointment was more like the latter. I gave her one more shot because it seemed based on the negative reviews I probably met her during a bad time or something. The second experience was much better.

With an allowance of negative reviews, I'm more comfortable to see someone even if she has 1 or 2 recommendations. But like I said in my previous post, there has to be extremely strict rules on that front. I understand the fear that ladies have with negative reviews. And frankly, spam reviews, or ones done maliciously are harmful to everyone (ladies more so), but clients too, who would lose out on potentially great experiences. I wouldn't even mind that if a review was negative in nature, it went through a vetting process by a council before it was made public.

But to be specifically clear, I do not support the free-for all review policies on the other erbs. I do not want to see that sort of system here. And given the choice between this method, and the current Cerb, I prefer the Cerb way. I've thrown out simple ideas that may or may not work. But if it does come about, I'd like a system that ladies can be comfortable with. Frankly, I'd want the system to be setup in such a way to expose those women who are putting a bad name to the profession, and highlighting those women who go above and beyond.

@Samantha and Bianca, My take on this possibility, and don't get me wrong I'm not trying to be negative about it...

Here is why a possible guy's section may not fly,if we look at status of a member current standards.

a) He joins in August 2013 by November 2013 he could conceivably have a granted status by merely posting posts in i.e. "Song threads" "Best Bums" "Fine Lingerie" you get my understanding now where he could give really nothing back within the community/rec's other general discussions and a Sp would know very little about him. The posting can be easily done, as we see it week to week.

b) There is already A LOT of long time members that have been lurking, and now knowing that there might be another area for men to review, could lead as what Samantha stated above, a lady being pressured into something she does not want to do,by pressure tactics.

A lady that may have 1-2 rec's here is not exactly the end of the world for her, as Bianca stated some of her clients simply don't post on Cerb, in fact I know a couple of ladies that advertise on EC and have lots of clients, and they don't belong to Cerb.

I lurk on another "erb" board but don't even post on there,I'm also a member on TER and I think I have only 2 reviews on that board, and both were high regards to the 2 ladies.

I simply haven't been there for a while,("erb" ) and I said it before, some speak much differently on here as they do other there.

You will always get 2 different POINTS OF VIEW I think if there was to be 2 separate identities in the men's section and the rec section what may be posted.

Again I'm not being negative of the possibility but merely giving my opinion.

Additional Comments:

ANOTHER QUICK POINT OF VIEW

When it comes to B&S scammers and rip off artists, I really think this board can use a system as we do now, i.e.- each city section ..... BUT seriously the man that has this sort of crap captured today, is no other than Cowboy Kenny, his site is probably the best tool for those that use other advertising sites for seeking providers. I think if there was a way that this board incorporated his smarts, it would certainly help those that need it. Than again he is very successful on his own with his banners etc etc. KUDO'S to CK

• Like 3

I agree with you completely. The lack of recommendations does not indicate that you're a bad SP. From your posts, to be honest, I've always imagined you as the opposite.

But when I mean a long time, I meant much longer then 2 months. I'm not looking for pages of recommendations, just something that gives me a confident feeling seeing an SP. There is one that I've seen here for a while, (over a year or two based on her post history), but she has perhaps less then 10 recommendations. I honestly don't know what to make of it. She doesn't post here often, and does not have any website with additional information.

There might be many reasons for her low recommendation count that has nothing to do with bad experiences. But I can't be sure. I have taken a chance on a lady who had a no-review policy, but only because of her involvement online, and thankfully it did not backfire. I once saw a lady with glowing reviews, with a couple of negative feedbacks (on a different erb), and found that the experience to my disappointment was more like the latter. I gave her one more shot because it seemed based on the negative reviews I probably met her during a bad time or something. The second experience was much better.

I don't think there's much mystery about why there are few reviews or even recommendations for some women. Among others, women who are more than 35-40 years old, BBWs, curvy ladies who aren't quite BBWs but definitely aren't spinners, are reviewed far, far less frequently than women in their early to mid-20s. One might have the impression that we're not able to make a living or provide great experiences because of it, but it's not true. Many of us do very well, indeed, and often earn more annually than younger women who do face the pressure of enormous competition from other women with similar looks, experience and background.

This is one of the reasons I am ambivalent about reviews in general. While a lot of men say that they write in order to express gratitude for the time they spent with a lady, and to encourage others to meet her and perhaps enjoy a great experience, too, it's also abundantly clear that a great many men feel that having spent time with a gorgeous young woman says something about who they are, as men, and, recognizing that every companion turns away many inquirers, they want other men to know that they made the grade, her grade. Reporting that they've had a lovely evening with a woman in her 40s or 50s, no matter how stunning, cultured and educated she may be, doesn't earn those men the same boost to their reputation among other online clients, or to their own egos.

There is nothing easy or simple about working in our profession. I think that it is particularly trying for young women who face enormous pressure and manipulation precisely because of their youth and beauty. They are the most objectified, dehumanized women in our industry, often feeling over-valued for their looks and unappreciated for their character and personality while being preyed upon because of their inexperience. With high competition, reviews do matter because they may be the critical factor that sets one lady apart from another equally beautiful woman. Men know this and exploit it, promising stellar reviews or threatening to write bad ones in order to create some advantage for themselves.

A sweet and kind 24 year-old woman contacted me a couple of weeks ago, wanting someone to talk to. She was feeling panicked because, after working for a year, she's no longer viewed as a fresh, sweet young lady, but as someone who's been around awhile. It's harder for her to find the kinds of clients she prefers. She'd had one appointment in the three weeks before she wrote to me. She has a full-time day job with great advancement potential, but it's too soon to expect a fantastic income from that work. This wouldn't be a problem but her mother has terminal breast cancer, isn't sick enough to be in hospital or hospice yet needs to have someone with her full-time. She wants her mother to be comfortable and paying for her care is an enormous burden that she recognizes will end only when her mother dies. Her father is gone, she has no siblings and no other family to help. Someone had responded to an ad and was pressuring her to take a major cut in fees, promising to write a glowing review and saying that he was sure he could send other clients who would treat her well. She has so many concerns at the moment that she wasn't able to recognize that he was a pimp and not someone she should haggle with. Her new worry is that, if she turns this man away, he may write a bad review about her.

I've thrown out simple ideas that may or may not work. But if it does come about, I'd like a system that ladies can be comfortable with. Frankly, I'd want the system to be setup in such a way to expose those women who are putting a bad name to the profession, and highlighting those women who go above and beyond.
I appreciate your thoughts, piano. I agree that we need to do as much as possible to expose the bait-and-switch schemes and other negative practices. Directing attention to the ladies who are true professionals and valuable members of the community is also important, though it hasn't worked as well as one might hope. For example, the Member's Choice awards are no longer being offered after having been hijacked a couple of years ago. Recognition could be awarded to point out ladies with great reputations on the board or those who have been thanked many, many times, but I'm not sure that would satisfy everyone. None of the ladies in the top 10 for reputation are under 35, for example. Given how many feel about the "best body parts" threads, I would be very surprised if the ladies in general would appreciate beauty contests, either.

It's a worthwhile discussion.

Additional Comments:

@Samantha and Bianca, My take on this possibility, and don't get me wrong I'm not trying to be negative about it...

Here is why a possible guy's section may not fly,if we look at status of a member current standards.

a) He joins in August 2013 by November 2013 he could conceivably have a granted status by merely posting posts in i.e. "Song threads" "Best Bums" "Fine Lingerie" you get my understanding now where he could give really nothing back within the community/rec's other general discussions and a Sp would know very little about him. The posting can be easily done, as we see it week to week.

b) There is already A LOT of long time members that have been lurking, and now knowing that there might be another area for men to review, could lead as what Samantha stated above, a lady being pressured into something she does not want to do,by pressure tactics.

A lady that may have 1-2 rec's here is not exactly the end of the world for her, as Bianca stated some of her clients simply don't post on Cerb, in fact I know a couple of ladies that advertise on EC and have lots of clients, and they don't belong to Cerb.

Pete, I absolutely agree with you. Thanks for bringing this up and showing how easy it is to work the numbers, so to speak, if that's what someone wants to do.

I also agree that recommendations and reviews don't always mean as much as we may think. The simple fact is that most men never write them. They may lurk in the forums, looking for companionship, but after that, they keep to themselves. In addition, many, many men don't even know that review boards exist, let alone have the desire to participate in them in any major way.

I also agree with you about Cowboy Kenny's work exposing the scam artists and bait-and-switch operators.

• Like 2

Among others, women who are more than 35-40 years old, BBWs, curvy ladies who aren't quite BBWs but definitely aren't spinners, are reviewed far, far less frequently than women in their early to mid-20s. One might have the impression that we're not able to make a living or provide great experiences because of it, but it's not true.

The thing is, that I just have no impression. This being a luxury, I don't want to spend $300+ on something that I don't know what I'm getting into. This goes for everything that I spend money on, if I can't determine what to expect, I don't go for it.

This is one of the reasons I am ambivalent about reviews in general. While a lot of men say that they write in order to express gratitude for the time they spent with a lady, and to encourage others to meet her and perhaps enjoy a great experience, too, it's also abundantly clear that a great many men feel that having spent time with a gorgeous young woman says something about who they are, as men, and, recognizing that every companion turns away many inquirers, they want other men to know that they made the grade, her grade.

I understand that there are men out there that have this sort of attitude. One of the other erbs, half the reviews read like a Penthouse submissions. But despite their positive undertones (client basically liked the time spent), that sort of recommendation is not allowed here (from my understanding). Cerb has an environment that is much different in nature from the other boards.

I put a lot of value in recommendations. I would not be here if reviews did not exist. There are men and ladies who don't put too much importance in it, but there are people IMHO, like me, who do.

Directing attention to the ladies who are true professionals and valuable members of the community is also important, though it hasn't worked as well as one might hope. For example, the Member's Choice awards are no longer being offered after having been hijacked a couple of years ago. Recognition could be awarded to point out ladies with great reputations on the board or those who have been thanked many, many times, but I'm not sure that would satisfy everyone. None of the ladies in the top 10 for reputation are under 35, for example. Given how many feel about the "best body parts" threads, I would be very surprised if the ladies in general would appreciate beauty contests, either.

"If at first you don't succeed, try try again". I wasn't here a couple of years ago when that happened, but instead of dismissing the rationale behind it, maybe change the approach. Learn from what went wrong last time to make it better this time.

But only if this is something that the Cerb community wants in general. From the posts here, I have a feeling that I'm somewhat alone in wanting negative reviews allowed in some fashion. And if that's the general consensus, I'll go with it.

It's a worthwhile discussion.

It is, some of what the ladies have brought up sound very alien to me. But it does expose different points of view, some that can be eye-opening.

• Like 1

Guest *Ste***cque**

Samantha, great idea but I am happy with the way things are. I wouldn't opt for a higher level of membership that required my personal details even if I provide same to an SP. I have to provide it to the SP if I want to get laid. I don't have to give it to CERB. :)

I never put a lot of stock on a review provided by someone I don't know, they're just too subjective. I've been to countless recommended movies, restaurants, etc where I've thought what were they thinking, this is fantastic or terrible depending on my experience. I've stated before that I look at an SP's CERB profile and posts, pictures and their website. I'm a visual person so I do like to see some photo's but I can easily say I almost never click on the review sections of their website. After I've done my due diligence I'm willing to take my chances.

Also, people on here can still find out if there is an issue with a lady via pm's just like the ladies can discuss issues with clients without us hearing about it.

If people want to go somewhere to hear the latest on SP reviews or Client reviews someone should create an online site and call it "chickadvisor" or "trickadvisor" where you can review to your hearts content, but let's leave CERB as the wonderful community that it is.

Steve

The women I,ve met thru Cerb all know who I am, I hide nothing as I feel its their right if they are spending time with me to have that information. I would not meet or divulge that info to someone here or any where that I hadn,t done my due diligence on, I would not divulge that to a "site" or pay for the "right" to review anyone positively or negatively. I,ve always struggled with reviews because I choose to review how that person made me feel, not what I received, the overall experience not the "acts". I have had positive experiences with some that I truly struggle with how to accurately describe the experience. If its not a glowing review am I hurting their feelings and if its too positive am I creating unreal expectations for someone else. I for one would love to be able to click on a womans name here after a visit and be able to click on a report that say,s

positive experience overall /10

additional comments

etc etc

not every experience is a 10 and not a 3 but I think I would leave some honest 6.5,s and 7,s that I won,t write a full review on, and when you reviewed that person you would have to leave your name/handle but that name would not be available to someone other than the sp which would stop all the pm,s after a reco from morons trying to find out every intimate actual detail of your visit-if I could see that sp-x had a average positive experience of 7/10 I,m probably going to enjoy myself. maybe simplistic maybe some value maybe not .

• Like 1

contribution to Cerb only to use their perceived status as a means of pressuring companions to provide free services or to engage in activities they didn't want to be doing.

If anyone ever tried that I hope the SP would immediately let us know about it. At this time I don't think anyone would do this, I am sure people rumor it to happen but no one has reported another member for anything like this. We dealt with a situation where a guy was trying to trade a good recommendation for a discount in the past (that was squashed quick) but I doubt the ladies would stand for such a thing. To boot... if say some lady took someone up on an offer like that and down the road it was found out cause he tried with with the wrong person... well... the truth would come out in the end.

Younger women and those who are new to the industry or who have recently joined Cerb are particularly susceptible to this kind of pressure, particularly if they believe that a good review is essential or that their earning capacity can be seriously damaged if they have a bad reputation circulated in the private groups here.
If this was to happen I think this probably would happen more with the "If you don't do this I will slander you" side of things rather then the "do this and I will write a glowing recommendation" seeing that it is a unethical (bottom feeder) thing to do.

Again, where anonymity is available, people will use it to their own destructive ends.

Some will, and I am sure it goes both ways. We have the SP ONLY area and say a lady is pissed at a regular client for some reason. He could be a true gentleman and they have had a falling out and she decides to tell everyone how horrible he is (it has happened) but on the flip side 5+ ladies will jump in and defend the same guy in the same report thread saying they find him to be a gentleman.

I think the same would be true with the guys here on cerb. The bottom feeders don't last usually (always exceptions to every rule) but they don't usually make it to 100+ posts on here. If by chance they did and tried to slander someone I bet 5+ male members would come to the ladies defense just as quick as the ladies come to the guys defense. When you have reputable people and good solid policies and rules it all becomes greatly self moderated as the members will step up and vouch for one another.

I would never want REVIEWS on cerb. I don't want to see RATINGS and I don't want to see complaints that end up being from some drunk dude who could not get it up and is mad he wasted his money and wants to frivolously blame someone other then himself. (I am well aware this happens a lot - EC gets these complaints all the time) ... stuff like she was only her 55 minutes and I paid for 60 I want you to shut her ad off cause she is ripping people off (Just makes me want to smack the guy and you know he is on every board posting crap about her wherever they will let him).

I however would like to see more reports of the ...

1. bait and switch
  2. Dangerous encounters (Guy hiding in closet with dog crap)
  3. Credit Card scams
  4. 10 minute one shot out the door stuff
  5. dirty gross incalls might be acceptable to post from high level members
  6. drug use (Not weed but needles, crack pipes, etc...)
  7. bad attitudes (mean, unfriendly, etc..)

Basically the stuff that our good male "Gentlemen" members would not want to deal with.

As for automatic graduation into a higher level access... maybe we need to do it like we do for the SP ONLY area if we choose to go that route.

• Vouched in by an existing member
  • Voted in by existing members
  • Reviewed by a moderator (Manually look at contributions to see if they are a good pick)
  • Vouched for by so many SP's

etc.... (lots of options to consider and explore) again... not for reviews and posting about a lady being a little think in the ankles (Man I hate those comments!) but true things people should know about like the stuff mentioned above.

• Like 3

I'm so stuck on the comment that an sp with less than 10 reviews/recos will be passed over I can't read the rest of the thread lol.

Imagine being, as Samantha points out, amongst a group of sps who simply will not ever get 10 recos, let alone more than that, in a 10 year history of work. I understand if it is the cutoff point, but come on now, there has to be a point at which the recos become a crutch and not an aid, a hurdle that someone cannot get beyond, and to be quite honest, letting everyone else make your decisions for you.

When you see sps, you get to know what you yourself are looking for. From your hits, misses and other people's reviews, you get to understand what you are looking for in ads, posts, and reviewers, as well.

When you allow negative comments on any site, the BS level increases exponentially. If people are not believing the positive recommendations on this site, why would the presence or ability to post negative comments change their level of disbelief?

And worse would be that these negative comments and reviews be hidden from view from the sp, in a way she can't defend herself and can't present the other point of view as well. I don't know how many negative reviews I have read where the guy is a bold faced liar, and many where all there was was miscommunication, and where as Samantha mentions, there is a genuine intimidation and threats to post bad reviews of sps who won't comply.

There is a reason sps try and then leave most review sites, or use them only as necessary evils. cerb is definitely a place where the majority of sps, the ones who don't typically trash other sps, or post their own lies about them, or climb onto the bash wagon to attack other sps, that is why we are here, along with the general positivity of this site versus every other one.

• Like 3

Very interesting thread indeed.

From my view I do not see any merit of paid member having privileged access or ability to post negative review. There is no credibility - one can easily pay for membership for the sake of shilling and/or leaving negative review. I could see that membership would cost less than an average encounter...

I'm glad the mod stated that he would like to see more stuff reported as seen fit. Of course no slandering the lady; And if this does happen I surely hope another gentleman would step in and chime in staying as civilized as possible.

as for the last point the mod makes about giving this privileged access;

maybe a system calculating approval from certain amount of providers and regular member would be good and keep it unbiased. One could be well liked by the guys -- but hated by the providers.

say for example - to have this privilege one require 10 ladies approval and 10 gentleman approval...

will keep following this thread to see where it goes.

• Like 2

I'll just make a quick posting here, more echoing what I've said earlier.

CERB is a community where both the ladies and gentlemen are equal participants, opposite sides of the same coin. And CERB's current policies make this a community where the ladies feel safe and welcome. My concern about allowing negative reviews, even if clear cut policies about who could write such reviews were made up, is that we could find a drop off in the ladies membership here on CERB, with many closing their accounts.

Also, there are many boards out there already that allow negative reviews, in fact seems to thrive on them. Do we really need another escort review board? Or does CERB fill a very unique niche, as a escort recommendation board, and maybe it should continue to occupy it's unique niche, and we not fix what isn't broken.

Anyhow, a quick rambling for what it's worth

RG

• Like 4

Guest webothscore

Without getting into pros and cons and my stamped preference at the moment, how about a "meet in the middle approach" to much of what has been discussed? Without getting into names and personal info and all that, we can have another forum of sorts that provides an extra level of detail, but one that avoids negative reviews. Should something get off the ground, maybe this "new forum" could contain detail that might help people make choices or be aware, etc. This extra forum could be open to (taking what mod stated and making a combo) those with not only 500 posts but also been around for half year. I think coupling these two could refine the participants. Crap, I just shorthchanged myself with that formula but I am patient. Anyway, I thought this discussion idea could take into account part Samantha, part mod/council, part provider and part client. Have a great night!

I'll just make a quick posting here, more echoing what I've said earlier.

CERB is a community where both the ladies and gentlemen are equal participants, opposite sides of the same coin. And CERB's current policies make this a community where the ladies feel safe and welcome. My concern about allowing negative reviews, even if clear cut policies about who could write such reviews were made up, is that we could find a drop off in the ladies membership here on CERB, with many closing their accounts.

Also, there are many boards out there already that allow negative reviews, in fact seems to thrive on them. Do we really need another escort review board? Or does CERB fill a very unique niche, as a escort recommendation board, and maybe it should continue to occupy it's unique niche, and we not fix what isn't broken.

Anyhow, a quick rambling for what it's worth

RG

A few things here that I would like to address:

It seemed like any other post other than recommendation is viewed as negative? Also - the "not fix what isn't broken" philosophy.

I see this as a chance for CERB to attract new and more members - nationwide; the new proposed idea - moderated properly (not as poor as the other *erb) boards - will appeal to the other than Ottawa/Ontario members as well as provider to be using CERB instead of the lame excuse of other board. We have a very strict policy and good enforcer (Thank the MOD(s)) Which is something other *erb boards do not have.

This could be constructive for the ladies too; I don't see the harm in taking feedback and improving one business model. No-one is perfect - I certainly am not.

-- Lets put this in perspective imaginary way: --

Provider A just got a review - her place is in the shoddy part of the city which is about the only thing that was bad about the whole experience. Provider B just started; by reading this review - Provider B should be aware that location does matter. Making the same mistake could be a bad move on her end and risk her potential client.

In CERB - having no recommendation could be viewed as a bad thing because of this sole reason... No-one is allowed posting negative review.

What if the lady is so low volume and none of her client actually take time to write any recommendation? Hell I don't write about every single encounter I have just because I don't know what to say: "She's great?" is vague and relative. Well - what if she doesn't have any negative review either? Wouldn't this still intriguing instead of writing the whole chance of seeing the lady completely off?

Few things to consider and discuss...

Edited by Areez
added few words.
  • Like 1

If this:

I'm so stuck on the comment that an sp with less than 10 reviews/recos will be passed over I can't read the rest of the thread lol.

Is in reference to this:

There is one that I've seen here for a while, (over a year or two based on her post history), but she has perhaps less then 10 recommendations.

I threw out a number to be intentionally vague because I don't want anyone assuming anything about an SP here, and let them make up their own minds.

Imagine being, as Samantha points out, amongst a group of sps who simply will not ever get 10 recos, let alone more than that, in a 10 year history of work. I understand if it is the cutoff point, but come on now, there has to be a point at which the recos become a crutch and not an aid, a hurdle that someone cannot get beyond, and to be quite honest, letting everyone else make your decisions for you.

I have decided what that point is for myself. My only advice to newcomers is to read the recommendation section themselves. I don't want to upset anyone, and the only reason I brought it up was in the context of this thread. But I think my comments are bringing this thread off-topic a bit (three people mentioned it, and I went ahead and responded all three times :P), so feel free to bring up another thread on the topic so this one doesn't get derailed.

I think Areez has said it better than my four attempts.

What if the lady is so low volume and none of her client actually take time to write any recommendation? Hell I don't write about every single encounter I have just because I don't know what to say: "She's great?" is vague and relative. Well - what if she doesn't have any negative review either? Wouldn't this still intriguing instead of writing the whole chance of seeing the lady completely off?

Few things to consider and discuss...

I however would like to see more reports of the ...

1. bait and switch
  2. Dangerous encounters (Guy hiding in closet with dog crap)
  3. Credit Card scams
  4. 10 minute one shot out the door stuff
  5. dirty gross incalls might be acceptable to post from high level members
  6. drug use (Not weed but needles, crack pipes, etc...)
  7. bad attitudes (mean, unfriendly, etc..)

Reporting negativity only begets anger, disgrace, revenge, blackmail and possibly in the end, violence! This is why there are NO reports in these sections on Cerb members...from what I can see anyway. Just sayin'

Edited by steveyK
damn tablets lol
  • Like 1

I'm kinda with Pete on this one ... limited upside and very big downside for the guys. I'm sure I speak for a lot of guys, especially the married and/or committed ones that have a ton to lose (not that the ladies dont either), but there is zip, zero, nada chance I'm giving up my personal information and or pay a fee just to have more "freedom" that already exists on the other forums. Never. Nothing personal, but its never going to happen.

The only reason I could see to do this is if cerb wants to compete for that portion of the guys that want to post more negatives in their reviews. Do you really want that? I would think that most guys get that anyways on the other forums. And Roamingguy has a point about having to keep a fine balance on these things to keep the ladies around.

I have an alternative suggestion ... just drop the "no negative review" policy for a while and see what happens. Just drop it. Maybe not allow reviews from members with less than, lets say, 50 posts to avoid the a*holes if that gets to be a negative problem. I think the culture around here is so different now that its going to be a self correcting thing. Heck, even let the ladies remove (but not edit) a review if its really upsetting to them.

Frankly, I think the whole issue is overstated. I dont see that much of a difference between the reviews of the well established ladies here and on the other main board. A lot of the negatives on the other board are almost in the forms of warnings about really bad experiences and the guys do stand up for the ladies when that is warranted.

• Like 2

Anyway, I thought this discussion idea could take into account part Samantha, part mod/council, part provider and part client. Have a great night!

I just want to say, if it's not clear from what I've said already, that I don't consider this to be an adversarial, me vs. Mod or Council or anyone else kind of thing. I had an idea and wondered what people thought of it. The participation has been fantastic and constructive!

I don't know that Cerb needs to change, but we do come up against this question fairly often. Having a discussion is a good thing to do.

I am always concerned about credibility given to anonymous people. Always. Anons who think they can get to meet me without disclosing anything about themselves never get very far.

For whatever reason, companions who are younger than I am and usually new to the business contact me fairly regularly, wanting advice. I don't like to give advice too often, especially to people I don't know. But I do pay attention to the similarities in the stories I'm told.

I do agree with the importance of identifying the negative players on Mod's list--absolutely!

And I know that I and many other ladies here do encourage others to use the reporting system when they have trouble with a member. Some do. Some don't. It's hard to help people when they're not able to help themselves.

Anyway, I'm genuinely valuing this discussion and the many thoughtful responses.

• Like 4

Guest ***nno**n***

I personally am here because Cerb is unique to other boards, and I have enjoyed that it is.

There is a much higher level of respect, intelligence and diverse group of people.

I would prefer that people who get to post a "constructive negative review" have experience here rather than someone who just had to pay an extra fee. JMHO

As RG said how do you keep that delicate balance not to lose the ladies?

Guest c**io**m7
If you visited her incall location, you have her address....slightly more potentially dangerous information than your first name, wouldn't you say?

My home address is QUITE real to me.

I very much agree and that is a whole different ball game. I have visited many wonderful ladies of cerb as well as from other sites and, as far as I can recall, to an actual residence with only 2 ladies. In both cases, these ladies know a great deal about me...and, I wouldn't want it any other way.

Guest webothscore
I just want to say, if it's not clear from what I've said already, that I don't consider this to be an adversarial, me vs. Mod or Council or anyone else kind of thing. I had an idea and wondered what people thought of it. The participation has been fantastic and constructive!

I don't know that Cerb needs to change, but we do come up against this question fairly often. Having a discussion is a good thing to do.

I am always concerned about credibility given to anonymous people. Always. Anons who think they can get to meet me without disclosing anything about themselves never get very far.

For whatever reason, companions who are younger than I am and usually new to the business contact me fairly regularly, wanting advice. I don't like to give advice too often, especially to people I don't know. But I do pay attention to the similarities in the stories I'm told.

I do agree with the importance of identifying the negative players on Mod's list--absolutely!

And I know that I and many other ladies here do encourage others to use the reporting system when they have trouble with a member. Some do. Some don't. It's hard to help people when they're not able to help themselves.

Anyway, I'm genuinely valuing this discussion and the many thoughtful responses.

Yes, a great discussion indeed. To add, there was no ambiguity from your original post, plus, I too hope that people don't take it as adversarial, rather, a collective approach ("parts of a few people's suggestions"). I foresee other ideas/suggestions/discussions coming from this thread. Thanks

And worse would be that these negative comments and reviews be hidden from view from the sp, in a way she can't defend herself and can't present the other point of view as well.

This takes place already in PM's and I do not moderate the social groups but it could easily take place in a INVITE ONLY social group right here on cerb as well (I am not aware of any right now but it is completely possible).

I agree a handful of guys get off on posting outright lies about the ladies (to slander or just bully them) and on the flip side a handful shill and do other unethical things (happens in every industry not just this one) but the key is having a community (AND MODERATORS) that will not stand for the unethical stuff.

I would hate to see negative "Reviews" or "Reviews" in general where guys pick apart a ladies service. I would like to just avoid what I listed above.

• Like 4

A few "INVITE ONLY" social groups on the board, I can attest there is not the slightest comment (reviews) about any providers within those invite only groups. I do not frequent them a lot, but when I do, they are more written experiences (no names attached)and many photo's from outside the board. Also quite certain that within these groups the providers would quickly let the Moderator know if that was taking place. The groups are well structured by those that have initiated the groups, and everyone within abides by the rules and policy within this board.

This takes place already in PM's and I do not moderate the social groups but it could easily take place in a INVITE ONLY social group right here on cerb as well (I am not aware of any right now but it is completely possible).
  • Like 1

I'm not to sure a private section for the men only is appropriate for negative reviews. I believe there is always two side to a story. This way we will only see one side. I understand that through pm this may be the case but through pm's it effects only a few people. Where as a post effects a much larger amount of people. I feel the damage a post compared to a couple of pm could be much more harmful if this is a bias review. I believe that if this may drastically damage the ladies clientele. I understand that yes other boards allow this but with a reputation cerb has it may really be damaging.

I think I've come up with the perfect idea I nominate myself to be the official cerb critique were free of charge I shall take on for the team and provide honest positive reviews for every cerb lady. So lady's book your appointment fast and get your seal of approval. Roflmao

Well it was worth a shot. Haha

• Like 1