When I go to someone's profile and I can't see anything about the person I wonder why they are even on here. To me everyone that is able to view a profile should extend the same courtesy.

But that is just my view.

• Like 5

I hate this as well and makes me leery to communicate with these people although, I do believe, that male members must make their profile private in order to have photo albums. Please correct me if I am wrong.

• Like 3

I must agree, it's a bit vexing. But some like the added "security" behind a anonymous board handle I guess, and to each their own

When a gentleman wants to book an encounter with a lady, I can see having a closed profile page might raise a warning flag with her..."if he is hiding his anonymous profile, what else is he hiding?"

But I also find it strange some ladies do the same. When you are trying to attract potential clients, not letting them see your profile is a sure way to make a potential client lose interest

But it is a personal choice, and I guess everyone has their reasons and should be respected

RG

• Like 4

I hate this as well and makes me leery to communicate with these people although, I do believe, that male members must make their profile private in order to have photo albums. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I wasn't aware of this, I'd be interested in knowing as well, perhaps mod could verify so we'd know for sure:)

It is true, we can only have photos in "private" albums. MP's and SP's can have public profile photos. I tend to agree as well. Its especially frustrating when you would like to get some more info on a provider only be blocked out. Everyone is entitled to their privacy I guess!

• Like 1

I believe my profile is open for all to see.

I put up a picture on my page that I can see, but don't know if everyone else can see it.

I have to figure out how to put the picture up on the avatar. Any help would be appreciated.

• Like 3

I believe my profile is open for all to see.

I put up a picture on my page that I can see, but don't know if everyone else can see it.

I have to figure out how to put the picture up on the avatar. Any help would be appreciated.

Go to your control panel Upper left hand corner, User CP click on it

Scroll down to Edit Avatar

From there you have two ways to upload an avatar photo

First is upload a photo from the internet by typing (or copying/pasting URL)

or upload a photo from your computer

At least that's how I remember doing it LOL

RG

• Like 2

Yes meg you are correct about the photos, the have to be set to private.

My page is set to public but to be honest I have no clue what to add or put? I do not feel comfortable putting anything that can reveal my identity to the public, but I have no problem if someone contacts me for info. As for my pic you wanna see them I'm happy to show them. They are of my pets.

I too would like to know about the avatar, do you have to save a picture in an album? FYI I mostly use my I phone so not sure save as works in this case.

Thanks for bringing this up I had no idea.

• Like 1

Go to your control panel Upper left hand corner, User CP click on it

Scroll down to Edit Avatar

From there you have two ways to upload an avatar photo

First is upload a photo from the internet by typing (or copying/pasting URL)

or upload a photo from your computer

At least that's how I remember doing it LOL

RG

Thanks for the help, much appreciated!

Things are so easy when you know how. ;)

• Like 1

Yes meg you are correct about the photos, the have to be set to private.

My page is set to public but to be honest I have no clue what to add or put? I do not feel comfortable putting anything that can reveal my identity to the public, but I have no problem if someone contacts me for info. As for my pic you wanna see them I'm happy to show them. They are of my pets.

I too would like to know about the avatar, do you have to save a picture in an album? FYI I mostly use my I phone so not sure save as works in this case.

Thanks for bringing this up I had no idea.

You do not need the picture on your album here.

Just go to your profile then click on your user cp (found on top under the cerb logo) then go to edit avatar and click choose file and then choose any picture you have on your iphone camera roll :)

• Like 1

Guest *l**e

for clarification...all guys pics must be in private albums. Only ladies' pic can be public. This is a bit annoying for me because I have to follow all the provider rules (no reco's from or for other providers) but I can't have public pics. This means if anyone wants to see who I am I have to friend them first. Not a big deal, but a bit of a double standard.

I don't think your avatar has to come from an uploaded album however.

I've noticed some ladies also set their profiles to private, only way to view their albums or post to their guestbook is to befriend them. If they have face pics I can sort of understand their thought process.

I don't understand why any guy would feel the need to set his profile to private, most barely have any info about themselves as is.

• Like 2

Guest B**na***oy

I think everyone should adjust their profiles in a way that makes them comfortable. For instance, when I discovered that CERB profiles became visible to the general public, I tightened my parameters to limit the access to my profile to only CERB members. Although my profile doesn't contains much information, I still value my privacy.

Of course, I welcome all contacts from CERB members and thoroughly enjoy the interaction that membership affords me.

Sorry guys, but this last statement is mostly directed towards the ladies. lol

I think everyone should adjust their profiles in a way that makes them comfortable. For instance, when I discovered that CERB profiles became visible to the general public, I tightened my parameters to limit the access to my profile to only CERB members. Although my profile doesn't contains much information, I still value my privacy.

Of course, I welcome all contacts from CERB members and thoroughly enjoy the interaction that membership affords me.

Sorry guys, but this last statement is mostly directed towards the ladies. lol

After reading your post, I've changed mine to registered members only. Thank you.

• Like 1

I thought that to have albums as a male member, only the albums needed to be private and not the whole profile. I didn't think that my whole profile was private. Can some one take a look at my profile and see if it's all private?

I understand that some guys might want to keep everything private for discretion purposes however I know that some SP's only choose to friend clients that they've actually met. Using this information can help other SP's who are contacted by a client for an encounter determine if the client is legit and safe in a quick way. There might be a new SP that joins CERB then starts getting requests for dates and as someone new might be overwhelmed by the response that "NEW" SP's get when they start. Having some way to quickly wade through the clients to find the good serious ones quickly is a positive. I know that some SP's have done this as part of their verification process. Identify an SP who only friends people that she has met then if a request comes in for a date from a new client then quickly check the SP's friends list to see if she knows the client and has friended him. It's just one additional level of comfort that the new SP can have.

• Like 2

Guest Ot**w***og****n

I have mine adjusted to "CERB members only" and any CERB member is more than welcome to stop by and leave a message. I don't have many friends or contacts so I would welcome more. I did have a few more but they were suspended or left so I deleted them. So if I adjusted my setting to "friends only" to view only one person would be able to visit my page which kind of defeats the purpose of having a profile page in the first place. So if I can visit someone's page it should be reciprocal.

This feature was added by Mod about two years ago due to what he worded as a security issue surrounding a SP and a stalker.

Here is a link to the thread where Mod announces it.

http://www.cerb.ca/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=67406&highlight=profile

Here is a link to the thread where it was first discussed, notice post numbers 26 and 95 by Mod explaining things further.

http://www.cerb.ca/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=63905&highlight=profile

• Like 1

I don't have any problems with a lady checking my profile. Better know before hand if things wouldn't work well.

I do find it weird/awkward when an SP have a private profile. Understandable if there is face pics, but if not, it kinda makes it harder to get new customers. Specialy when you have to friend just to know where she works, what she looks like and link to her personal page...

For the album of guys, first time I hear it. Anyone know why? If they fallow the same rules as the ladies, I don't see what would be the problem.

• Like 1

Great post! I just changed my profile to registered members only. It just gives me a bit more peace of mind that only signed up members can see me now.

• Like 1

Setting your profile to be visible to registered members only seems reasonable. I don't get why you'd want to make it more restrictive than that - after all, if you're going to be part of an online community, it'd make sense to participate, no?

However, this is a bit different for the ladies, for whom their profile page and pics are another chance to advertize... so I'd guess keeping it public makes more sense for them.

• Like 2

What is really kinda creepy, a guy changes his handle to become someone else (re-invents himself... why? I will never know unless there is a lot too hide), than blocks everyone (except his allowed friends I guess), but creeps your profile....I find that very weird.

• Like 2

What is really kinda creepy, a guy changes his handle to become someone else (re-invents himself... why? I will never know unless there is a lot too hide), than blocks everyone (except his allowed friends I guess), but creeps your profile....I find that very weird.

...Awkward!

• Like 1

Unfortunately- I have my profile set to private. You must add me as a friend before having access to my page. IF I could hand select specific people of threat or disinterest that I could block I would have kept my profile public and only blocked the few people I rather not have access to anything about me. Some people linger on your page with a hidden agenda or follow the contacts/messages you leave between guestbooks, Some people I just do not like.... etc etc. Until the option of being able to ignore chosen poisonous type people (Usually not even clients) My Profile Will Remain Private. Feel free to add me or message me tho ;)

• Like 5