How to get noticed by a stripper in the club

In response to some of the posts:

I've never had a bad result doing this (can't remember a time the dancer said no). Also, I will never interrupt a "long" conversation, it will only be if the dancer just got out of CR/after dance and is hopping tables.

Well that's fair enough I guess, WtS. If the dancer is "hopping tables" and not really intent on chatting with a particular someone, I can see how it's a somewhat different scenario.

Personally, I'd still be inclined to wait until the dancer is not attempting to engage with another patron.

• Like 1

For the record, I would never interrupt. Just be patient, charming, handsome, young, and wealthy.

I tried being young once. It didn't take.

The dancer has all the power in the world to say no, and continue on with the conversation (and potentially losing a guaranteed sale). They are usually quite happy with how they end up being compensated in the CR.

You're doing a pretty good job of shoring up your defenses on this one, but I'm still going to disagree. Relax. Have a beer. Wait your turn. I've been having a great time with a dancer at times and tried to push her back onto the floor to make some more money, and have been told that they'd rather just be talking to me. So, it isn't always about the money as you can see. Keep that in mind.

If you don't get to the girl you want on this trip, don't sweat it. Maybe next time. This kind of behaviour normally ends in a fight at a bar, so why would you expect any different in a dance hall? I mean, we're not animals. Right?

Personally, I'd still be inclined to wait until the dancer is not attempting to engage with another patron.

You can buy me a beer any time, buddy.

Probably while we're waiting for a lady to drop by.

Actually, lately it's been the other way around. The dancers complain that they can't get to me because I always have someone at my table/on my lap/getting a massage, or I'm in the CR. I have no problem calling someone over that I plan to spend on while in this situation, either. They all know the way it works with me. I'm everybody's confidant/masseur/soft shoulder, but they aren't going to get in the way of someone else making a dollar either. Yes, they have the power to say no to a client. However, they aren't going to say no to another contractor. Also, they know it isn't personal and that they can slip right in next to me when I get back like nothing happened.

Reputation matters. Mine has cost me a lot of time, money, and life experience. Being a dick can be part of that if you act like one. In most cases, dancers have long memories. That's my experience, anyway.

• Like 1