Deposits and Advance Bookings

I would like to get some feedback about payment deposits. I offer many atypical things and I have found the more atypical the request, the higher the chance of a no show.

I am wondering how much luck SPs have had in collecting payment deposits in advance of the visit?

and

How many potential clients are willing to pay deposits in advance of the encounter?

Id be more than willing to make a deposit especially if it came to a less than typical type of request. It's peace of mind for you, but also for the client knowing you've reserved that spot. The only issue I see is some clients might be sketchy on doing so for less reputable/established provider.

For me I'm not a guy with atypical tastes, more a vanilla type of guy.

But if there is a lady I would like to meet, and she requests a deposit, I'd be comfortable doing so. If I don't feel I could trust her to pay a deposit in advance, then likely my spidey sense is going off already and I'm wondering why I would want to see her to begin with. (BTW this came with some experience, I have had some bad encounters in my early years of this lifestyle) Now, I like paying not just the deposit, but for the whole encounter in advance via email money transfer. Saves me carrying a big wad of money around to an encounter and saves the lady from carrying that big wad of money after the encounter

A quick rambling

RG

• Like 5

I agree that a deposit should be mandatory in atypical situations such as GBs where a minimum number of individuals are required.Thus if the event is canceled,the deposit would be fully refundable or carried forward to a future event.

I would like to get some feedback about payment deposits. I offer many atypical things and I have found the more atypical the request, the higher the chance of a no show.

I am wondering how much luck SPs have had in collecting payment deposits in advance of the visit?

I can't help but think that if you have no luck collecting a deposit, you're probably avoiding a no-show, so it's probably worthwhile :)

Sure, there will be a few gentlemen who don't mind, my only concern would be the amount of gentlemen who are not OK with providing things like a credit card / bank deposit. Let's face it, we all know the vast majority of clients would not go for this, atypical situations or not. Privacy and discretion are a big thing for MANY members here.

One of the ideas I have been playing with (for my GBs, but this could work for any fetish) is to only invite members whom I've met before. This shows me that they are serious, not just lurkers etc...

No way, no how, no never. It adds a level of complication that I don't want. First off it is two transactions, not one. Then you have to pay the deposit, most likely by something like an e-mail transfer. That leaves a paper trail. Or you have to go and meet the SP to pay a deposit. Two trips and only one of them leaves you with a smile on your face. ;)

Then what happens if a change of plans occurs? SPs have been known to have to re-schedule as well, not just the clients. Then you have to get your deposit back, or do the re-scheduling tango, trying to find another suitable time. A lot of hassle for both people.

I realize no-shows can be a pain, but that happens in a lot of different occupations. It may be slightly more prevalent in "newbies" to this hobby, but for most of the regular hobbiests it is not something we are prone to. If you no-show a lot, or waste time, then the word gets out to the SPs and they know you might be a no-show.

Nope, you ask me for a deposit, I am going to go somewhere else. Sorry.

I would likely never do this. Exceptions might be a travel date where $ are higher and the lady might incur additional up front expenses or an extended date say > a day. Or if it is someone I have an established relationship with and for whatever reason if makes sense for both of us.

But I am very concerned about any paper trail or record thus 'cash at the moment' seems to work best. Other concern would be a 'no show' on the ladies part. Which has happened.

Cub

I do it quite often or many times the entire amount. I have no problem with it at all as long as the email transfer address does not link to an SP website, Ad, Cerb etc... with a web search....

I personally like to have it taken care of and out of the way ..... particularly on longer visits so I am not carrying wads of cash and don't have to worry about forgetting the donation which has almost happened more than once on very relaxed repeat visits.

• Like 2

As someone who has never been asked to pay in advance or put a deposit down, I admit I'd be a little concerned at first. I completely agree and sympathize with the lady and I'd be more than willing to provide certain reassures ie reference. My main concern would be getting screwed without the pleasure if you know what I mean. I think it would have to be someone reputable or someone I've met prior to feel at ease to put down a deposit. Althought if travel would be involved for the lady I don't feel it right for her to occur expenses without a deposit. After all it works both ways.

I have done this a couple of times, where I paid in advance for several rendez vous, but I've only done that with a "fave". There was also a benefit in it for me to do that, making it mutually beneficial for us.

This deposit/advanced payment scheme seems to only benefit the SP?

Obviously everyone must do what they are comfortable doing. But really email money transfer is a much more simplified way of transacting the financial side of an encounter. Saves going to the bank, withdrawing a large sum of money and carrying that large wad of cash to an encounter.

Obviously it is something I would only do with ladies I know and trust, or ladies who have a stellar reputation. I certainly wouldn't use it for a lady who is just starting in this lifestyle, or ladies off BP.

As for the record of an email money transfer, you can always open a separate bank account (one your SO knows nothing about) and do your transactions through it. Also most professional companions, at least in my experience, have discrete email addresses that they use for email money transfers, one would not associate the email address with this lifestyle. So even if the transaction is seen on record, no one would assume it is about seeing a professional companion.

All that said, everyone has to do what is in their comfort zone. And I'm comfortable using email money transfer

A rambling

RG

• Like 1

I believe there are times and circumstances that should and do require a deposit. When you are looking at a situation that requires a pre-book of some sort (IE: for a special cruise, GB, specialized service such as wine tour etc.) then yes, a deposit should be required because the SP in question is providing money up front to whatever business they are dealing with. Some of this industry relies on other businesses to function and this should be taken into account. The gentlemen who book these situations or events, should book with full knowledge of why and be held responsible for the booking. This will not appeal to many people however, it is a small selection of hobbyists that it would pertain to in the first place.

For a normal encounter, cash in hand should be fine. However as Lee Richards mentioned, if it is better for the client and they wish this, then it should be available.

All legitimate SP's who have clientele, are established and who are above board state rules, information and criterion for a reason. This gives the hobbyists the chance to either reject or accept a date. If you don't like the terms, find someone else. No one is twisting arms here. You can try to negotiate or play games but you're only shooting yourself in the foot. As has been mentioned numerous times, if you don't like the game, don't play it. There are many other people who play the game that you want so go find them.

Pleasure is actually made very simple by most of the legitimate ladies. here is what I want, here is what you do, here is what happens. Communication on everything in between. Simple. Don't make it complicated by adding a bunch of bartering, issues, complaints that serve no one.

And with that....I shall grab my vibe and sign off. I think I'm too serious!

• Like 5