question: do you inform your SP / client if you have severe allergies?

I am just curious about allergies...

I had a client visit recently who has a severe allergy to peanuts. I had a chocolate bar in my room with nuts in it ... unopened ... but it made me think. I'm often snacking on almonds or nuts, and the allergy to nuts is so common nowadays.

On a similar topic, I attended an outcall this past weekend to a gent's home who had two lovely pups. He mentioned they would be there while we were planning our rendezvous, and I love dogs, have no allergies so it's not an issue. I know several ladies who tour and travel with their pooch.

Another time, long ago, had a gent visit me who had put some desensitizing gel on himself I assume to prolong the action. It was obvious as soon as my lips touched him as they went numb from the benzocaine. Good thing I wasn't allergic, but there might be another lady who is.

My question is this:

ladies ... do you advise a gent if you have severe allergies when you take a booking or attend an outcall?

gents... do you advise a lady if you have severe allergies when you request a meeting?

thanks for the input :)

• Like 3

maybe because i have no allergies like that other then environmental, i have never thought of it before. but if i was allergic to nuts, i would inform the lady i was visiting. if it is a threat to your health to even be around certain things i would definitely bring it up.

interesting thought :) thank you

• Like 1

I have an allergy or sensitivity (not sure which), to some fragrances - it's not life threatening but it's extremely unpleasant and could easily ruin a session, so I'm clear on my website that clients shouldn't wear strong fragrances when visiting me.

I don't specifically ask about allergies but I do ask about disabilities or any other health considerations that might impact our session or that I should take into consideration when playing. I feel that with BDSM in particular, knowing these this is incredibly important, because the wrong combination of activities and undisclosed medical issues could end up with someone being seriously harmed.

Asking about allergies specifically is not a bad idea either - they can be more rapidly life threatening than a lot of other things. I do keep an Epipen in my first aid kit, but I really hope to never need to use it.

• Like 2

The only allergies i have are environnemental and cats. And cats won't affect me much if it's just 1-2 hours and i don't touch them. So never had to mention it.

I really hope providers and clients mention it if they have severe or uncomfortable allergies.

I don't personally have any allergies that would affect anything. I've had one person call to tell me that they were allergic to condoms (latex and otherwise) which was good so I could refuse the appointment right there.

I'd like to think that if you a severe allergy you would inform the oTher party. Nothing ruins the mood like anaphylactic shock

• Like 1

I would hope if a client and SP/MA had a severe allergy, they would communicate with one another what the allergy is before seeing each other.

• Like 1

I will echo what has been said here. If you have an allergy to something commonplace, that is serious enough to kill you or warrant hospitalization then you are damn right you had better share that information. For people with a severe nut allergy, as an example, kissing someone who may have eaten a peanut butter sandwich in the last few hours could put you into severe distress.

Share that info and play safe!!!

And as a comment on Megan's potential client who was allergic to condoms, I have to laugh. There are several effective options to latex condoms out there, some that are virtually hypoallergenic. If this individual is allergic to all of those options, then he should be living in a bubble, and obviously not a plastic one, because he would be allergic to that as well. I may be wrong, but it really sounds like someone trying to pull a fast one to get BB services and hoping a relative newcomer would be none the wiser.

• Like 3

I don't have allergies but I have asked on a few occasion if the lady I was seeing had any allergies, since I was bringing them a little treat. Only down fall was it spoils the surprise a bit.

I understand privacy but if its a health risk I would sure hope the lady would disclose prior. Not that I mind giving mouth to mouth but much rather do it in a non life threatening stress free way.

It would be interesting to hear from guys/ladies that do have allergies because like most that have responded here I do not have any.

On another note, I am of the generation where peanut butter and jam sandwiches were a main staple of my diet. The nut allergy generation started after me, which btw I find fascinating, I would love to know how it happened.

I myself only have a couple of allergies. One is to pineapples and not life threatening. I only get hives. The other is potentially life threatening. I am allergic to bee stings. Luckily I have a couple of hours before I need the epipen.

I think that yes you should disclose allergies that are life threatening. Like being allergic to nuts, over powering scents that affect your breathing, cats/dogs, etc....

Also as stated previously if you engage in BDSM it's wise to know the health of your partner so nobody gets hurt. If they have bad knees, wrists or back problems or trouble breathing at times. Always use the RACK (Risk Aware Consensual Kink) method.

In not disclosing health issues you not only put yourself at risk you are also putting the SP/MA at risk. If all of a sudden you or the SP/MA have a hard time breathing it may be hard to explain to the paramedics.

On another note, I am of the generation where peanut butter and jam sandwiches were a main staple of my diet. The nut allergy generation started after me, which btw I find fascinating, I would love to know how it happened.

there are many theories one of the most interesting that I have seen time and time again is introducing solids early (before 4-6 months). I dont kow how much faith I put in that one as most children where given cereal in bottles very early in the past but there it is lol

I think anything unusual that could have an impact on your session is worth bringing up ahead of time.

All people come with built-in, widely understood warnings like "caution: do not expose to open flame (for very long)". But if there's something the provider should know about and which could interfere with pleasure for both of you, and it's reasonable to think it could come up during your time together, I'd say yes, let her know.

For example:

• "Latex makes my skin red, sore, and break out in blisters; let's not do that."
  • "Peanuts will make my throat close, then I'll turn blue, and then I will stop moving for a really prolonged period. Let's not do that."
  • "Keanu Reeves is driving my heart, and if it drops below 150 beats per minute it will explode. Our work is cut out for us."

Totally worth sharing that up front. ;)

I'm kind of disappointed that more people don't take this seriously.

I spent a lot of money on a touring lady. She was wearing way too much perfume and the perfume itself smelled horrible. It immediately killed any desire I had, in fact after a few minutes it gave me a headache and made me dizzy.

When I asked her what kind of perfume she was wearing she just played coy and wouldn't tell me. I told her I was having a reaction and she said I was being a hypochondriac and ended the session.

Not funny at all.

I spent a lot of money on a touring lady. She was wearing way too much perfume and the perfume itself smelled horrible. It immediately killed any desire I had, in fact after a few minutes it gave me a headache and made me dizzy.

When I asked her what kind of perfume she was wearing she just played coy and wouldn't tell me. I told her I was having a reaction and she said I was being a hypochondriac and ended the session.

But... uh... wait a minute. How could the "discuss allergies in advance" subject of this thread have changed your experience? You don't seem to have known you were allergic to some types of perfume beforehand, so you couldn't have warned her. She probably wasn't wearing poison perfume, so not sure what she should have warned you about ahead of time.

Now, if the point is simply "hey, don't wear too much perfume" then... well yeah, I'd agree. And in my experience SPs generally wear little or none anyway, if only because you can take the scent home with you and that badly undermines discretion. But that's another discussion entirely.

I love to bring treats for my dates. But whether i'm not i'm bringing anything, I always ask if my date have had any allergies so I can avoid the foods they are allergic to a couple days beforehand. This might sound paranoid, but you can never be too careful about health issues, especially if it can lead to

anaphylactic shock.

Personally as an SP (or anyone who works in close proximity to people) it's good to know how to administer the epi-pen and at least know generally how to do and use a CPR/AED. You never know if you're the string between someone's life/death/permanent disability.

*On a scary personal note, I once had a boyfriend who was severely allergic to peanuts and I snuck an O Henry bar the night before and even that sent him to the emerg. Hence the somewhat scardy catness of allergies.

Well it's not an allergy per se but I can't touch alcohol...period. Even mouthwash has to be alcohol free for me. Even some foods that have alcohol in them I can't have. That doesn't mean I can't offer a glass of wine to a lady ;-) And if at an incall (not often) I'm good with a glass of water, and that's always available.

Now I always ask a lady what she'd like to drink prior to an encounter (it's

usually wine) Hopefully she'll disclosure any food/drink allergy at that time, or even just mention things she doesn't like.

As for perfumes, never noticed any allergies, but if worn by the ladies I've seen, it is subtle, never overwhelming. Me I don't wear aftershave/cologne just because of possible potential allergic reactions to others. But if you are to use perfume, or aftershave/cologne, use sparingly and subtly. One guy at work puts on so much literally tears come to my eyes when he comes into our office, and I walk out let someone else deal with him.

Anyhow, a rambling

RG

I just want to bump this thread to remind people, if you have severe allergies, please make that known to your SP before arriving for your appointment.

I just had a very nice fellow cut his visit short with me because of a severe allergy to dogs and cats. I put the dogs away before people arrive, and he seemed okay with that, but when Mina, my black cat, sauntered in to sniff his jacket, it was obvious it wasn't going to work. He left a generous cancellation fee, even though I told him it wasn't necessary.

I have a lot of allergies myself, but luckily nothing so severe that I'd have to abort an appointment. If your allergies are that severe, please spare yourself and the SP any possible waste of time/disappointment by letting her know up front. Thanks!

• Like 2

I almost always do out-calls to my home. So I always ask if the lady is fine with me having a cat. One SP did not respond to my warning about having a cat and came anyway. She later told me that she does not like ANY house pets, but that she really wanted to meet me. Fortunately my little guy only came out long enough to say hello and then retreated to the other room.

In this day and age I have gotten away from wearing cologne and aftershave. [socially unacceptable.] I used to wear English Leather all the time. Strange, back then I got a lot more dates than I do now. :( I really miss all the hugs and comments about how nice I smelled. :(

I have an allergy to some perfumes. I usually just get a really bad headache but some make it really hard to breath. Which is a real bummer.

To avoid this I will usually ask her to wear something that is light and smells sweet or flowery, or like vanilla, or something by Oscar de la Renta. (Same with Impulse Body Spray). Those are the safest for me. Anything musky or strong scented is a definite no no.

Some fragrances are so hypnotizing and intoxicating that they drive me wild with lust. Not wearing perfume is like a woman sending out a subliminal message saying, "You are not getting any tonight", "So don't even try".

I am also allergic to cigarette smoke. So that is why I will only see SP's who are non smokers. Not smoking during the date does not take the smell out of you hair, breath or clothes. Sorry ladies. :(

I have never asked a SP what she prefers. But I do keep a variety of (women's) Dove products on hand. As well as, other products. (See image below).

product-lrg801.jpg

Guest ****ven

Interesting thread. As an Sp I do have a nut allergy but this is something I don't make regularly know. Perhaps I should reconsider...

I have an extremely severe and deathly allergic to shell fish. I do mentionned it on BIG LETTERS on my website.

About two years ago,I had a gent visiting me around 2pm, so right after lunch time and he had sushi for lunch that involved shrimps. When he kiss me (he used mints prior) his breath tasted fresh so I didn't think anything, but a few minutes later I started to feel really bad and soon enough I was choking and he had to call an ambulance. While I do carry an epipan in my purse it is not something I make it know to everyone...I can say I never heard back from this person :/

So for me, a simple kiss can trigger my allergy. I do eat nuts on a regular base, if I have eat some I will mention it to the person if I haven eaten some in the past 4 hours

• Like 1

I have an extremely severe and deathly allergic to shell fish. I do mentionned it on BIG LETTERS on my website

Ever since I read that on Malika's website I've kept an eye out for similar statements on other people's sites. I want my visits to be memorable but not for that.

Don't know why I missed this great thread when it came out. Thanks Joy for bumping it.

It gives me a lot to think about. For instance, I never thought to ask SPs or MAs prior to arranging an appt if they wear any kind of cologne or lipstick or smoke (highly sensitive to all).

On the weird shit-o-meter for serious allergies, Mesquite (along with bee stings) can send me into cardiac arrest. I think it's unlikely providers will have a huge helping of the stuff prior to appointments, but you never know. I guess I'll have to ask from now on.

Edit:

Call me paranoid, but I cannot accept consumable gifts from anyone. I don't want to take the chance of my body rejecting anything. I'm not presupposing injury from any SP/MA. Chocolates, wine, water, candies, breath fresheners, etc. I've had a very nice experience from an indy MA who offered me chilled, filtered water from the fridge in a glass cup. I had to refuse the gesture. I suggested in future she offer chilled water from a sealed water bottle. On future visits, she continued with the old style and I've since discontinued seeking services.

Edited by Jabba
  • Like 1