I would not like my number to be passed on that way. I must say though, I too have received the ol : a friend passed me your number line...however I just tend to think those guys are little bit full of it and use that line because they simply cannot be bothered to read the ad itself;) And yes that can be frustrating ;)

• Like 2

I too wondered if it really "came from a friend" ... Good to know that even if it is only u and I who feel this way; I'm just glad I'm not the only SP who finds this sketchy! :D

I dont like either. I even had some guys who aksed me: What you look like? (Because they had my number from a "friend") I look like my pictures... I refer them here. Wich guys would like to see a girl who he doesnt have a clue what she looks like or what she offers!?

• Like 1

They probably use that line because they are either shy or embarrassed to admit that they are seeking your services on their own. That being said, I would hope that they would do a little research before simply making a call and asking all sorts of questions whose answers can be found on CERB or a website. Time is money and I can understand your frustration in posting an ad with a fairly comprehensive description of your services and looks only to have to answer these questions again.

• Like 1

My take on it from a guys POV. If some guy asked me about a lady to see in a certain city, I would direct him to the recommendation section in CERB for that city. I certainly have ladies I click with and would reccommend, but he may be attracted to someone else. I would also tell him if there is a lady he is interested in and wants to see, to read her website and profile front to back. If a newbie, and asked, I'd give him some pointers on etiquette.

Absolutely I would never give any information like phone numbers, details of encounters etc (stuff that is shared just between the lady and me, assuming it is a lady I have had an encounter with her)...that would be a major breech of trust IMO.

The only person who should release a lady's phone number is the lady, after being contacted by a guy for an encounter

A quick rambling

RG

• Like 1

I too wondered if it really "came from a friend" ... Good to know that even if it is only u and I who feel this way; I'm just glad I'm not the only SP who finds this sketchy! :D

I usually hang up " a friend gave this number" but twice I can remember asking a client saying after then during the seesion "where did you get my ad ? " Them telling was from a friend , I don't believe them he honestly it was friend . Weird but they were telling the truth , because he call from my place .

• Like 2

I and others I know (experienced clients), have exchanged ladies contact information. However, in all cases the lady has been consulted first to ask if it was ok to pass along her contact info. Typically, this has been used where a lady might be new without a significant web presence or perhaps is not a member of a forum like Cerb where a gentleman could be directed to her ad or profile or just might be UTR. In all cases so far the ladies have not seemed to have any problem with this and actually were glad that I would recommend them.

I should point out one caveat, unless I know that the guy is a decent guy I'd never even entertain this as I'd never want to risk my reputation by being linked to an asshole.

• Like 2

I never give out ANY personal information about a lady that I have seen (other than what was in stated in a recommendation for that lady), especially her address/hotel or contact number.

When I book it is either through an email,or pm here on Cerb then we would exchange contact numbers. I will follow up with email/pm to confirm to her "it is I " that way there is no confusion

(I guess there is many Pete's as there is John's :) )

Lastly, I always like to ensure that my number is also not shared with others, discretion is paramount for all parties involved.

.....If a gent asks me in a pm, I will tell him to read the lady's ad to get that personal info.

• Like 6

Alexis, I HATE HATE HATE that when it happens. It kinda makes me nervous and all weirded out. Look, I can't even spell just thinking of it.

I once advertised with no phone number - the only way to reach me was via pm or email. I got a call from someone who knew nothing about me - my age, description, anything. I asked him how he got my number, and he said "my buddy gave it to me", and when asked his "buddy's name", he refused to give it to me. Of course, he was also calling from a blocked number, so it made it more scary - yes, I was scared by this. Turns out he wanted an 18 year old, and I am mature - so it wouldn't have worked out, but for days I was leary and pissed. Anyone who called that I didn't know, even civilian calls were treated with mistrust. I was looking over my shoulder anywhere I went.

I've even heard of guys showing up at a providers location - no call, no appointment, no contact - to say "ya, how much is it to fuck you?" So, please do not provide any information about someone you have seen. Her number, her location, what kind of car she drives. Her safety is at stake here for crips sake.

So, for those that do this "because they are shy or whatever", it is not the way to do it. I would much rather someone contact me via the means I have established then sneeking around like this. Please don't.

Of course, the ones that do this, wouldn't be on this board, and will never read my plea. For those however that follow our guidelines, I thank you.

Stay safe everyone! xoxo

• Like 4

I've never been asked for a SP's contact information. If some one asks anything it's about menu, performance or my experience with a specific SP. If I know there is an ad, I'll send them to the ad for contact info. Newbies get zero information, veterans get some information but it's always couched with a YMMV.

Peace

MG

• Like 1

In my personal case.. I do not care if my number is given away to a friend, as a referal.. as a matter of fact I have met great gentlemen that way.. . Sometimes I have been asked by the gentlemen if it ok and sometimes they will let me know that they have reffer a friend because they are very happy with my service...

I do have a dedicated line (actually 2) just for business purposes... this number appears in all my adds, banners, etc.. in many different websites... same as email contact... So at the end for anyone that is looking for me they can just simply Google PassionVitto, or Vitto.., and all my contact information will be there and all my recos too...

One thing that really concerns me thou... is sharing details of an encounter by PM.., being and SP or an MA details are to be kept between the two people involved.. unless off course it has come to an agreement between the 2 people... Sharing this type of information can be bad for both sides... for the gentlemen because their expectations may not be filled.., for the lady because it can darnish her reputation.. and even affect their personal lives... and for the encounter.., because neither party would be comfortable and happy at the end, it can certainly affect the results of what coudl have been a wonderful time for 2 people!

On another note... If my information would not be as public ... Yes I would definetely be concern and not happy about this... as there is a reason why I would have not make this information public.

But also as it is important to us as Providers (being SPs or MAs) to also protect our clients personal info... just recently one of the gentlemen that has visited me in the past told me about being contacted to solicit business by an SP he does not know on his cel phone... It is on our best interest to respect gentlemen privacy...

• Like 1

Guest webothscore

IMO, a phone number is simply too personal to hand out. If posted on cerb and a client directed another client to that page, great, otherwise, run it by the MP/SP first.

I don't share. My hobby is my business and I like to keep it that way. Passing out a number, aside from the implied endorsement, somehow ties me to someone else's experience. There is a tremendous responsibility as well. How well do I really know the potential client in question. What if something unpleasant happened? Nope, too messy and too many variables for me. I'll stick to one on one and the occasional duo, cause if I wanted to be an agent, I'd have moved to Hollywood.

• Like 1

I have never given out someones phone number but I have been pm,d about someone I,ve written a reco on and have passed along there cerb info. but only after obtaining the sp in questions permission to do so.

• Like 1

For the record, I would have had no issue with this if the person texting had any idea what they were getting into. The only info their "friend" gave was the number and to contact me to exchange money for sex. Ideally, a client should seek permission before giving out my number to a "newbie" who has no idea how things work. Otherwise, direct him to where he can become more educated and choose a lady of his own choice: http://www.cerb.ca

• Like 1

I would never give it out myself let alone discuss and intimate time with an SP or MP other than a reco on here. If the person texting never gave the persons name who gave him the number then maybe it was LE. who knows who they are operating these days

• Like 1

Something else popped to mind. What if the guy requesting a lady's phone number from a gentleman isn't someone interested in an encounter, and isn't even the proverbial tire kicker or so on. What if it's someone from the media (or even LE) or someone else that wants the number for less than honourable purposes

Absolutely no way I'd give any information given to me in confidence by a lady to someone I don't know. That is simply just a breech of trust IMHO

I trust the ladies I see with information I give them. They can know they can expect the same from me

A second rambling

RG

• Like 1

This is dead simple. I don't discuss my CERB life with anyone who is not already on CERB. So the "opportunity" to share phone numbers does not come up. And if someone were to ask me anything vaguely related to the activities available through CERB, I would suggest they visit cerb.ca.

I think it is covered under "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you". I don't pass on numbers, addresses, or anything else and I presume those that I have met here act similarly.

• Like 1

When I ask where did you see my ad? and I get the "my buddy gave me your info" I ask who is your buddy? 99% of the time they never reply back. While I do appreciate of word of mouth, I don't do secret agent BS.

If Ive met your Buddy so to speak and he told you contact me - I don't think he really cares that I know he sent you to me, however just cause I may or may not have met your buddy - the same booking policies apply to any new contacting me - so buddy or not Im still going to screen you.

• Like 8

I'm not a fan of having my info shared without my knowledge.. I have had good referrals that way, but have had some issues as well. I don't post my number but have still received phone calls from gents who claim to get it from an unnamed friend. Its unnerving for me since I only allow a handful of people to have this info, and I assumed a level of trust with them to do so. I've also been emailed by people referred to me by a no show who had gotten my address, yet told their buddies all about my address, our date we had and things we did that I actually don't even offer (and we had never met) :/ for these reasons, I always ask who referred them to me, and if they aren't comfortable sharing, I am not comfortable meeting them. Its one thing to get a reply from an ad or to be found on a site, but when people randomly pop up and act weird about where they located my info, it just doesnt sit well with me anymore.. seems kinda risky :(

• Like 4

I'm shaking my head how some guys can and do apparently operate so freely with a lady's personal information. To pass along contact information, like addresses, phone numbers, and private details about an encounter with said lady, to a third person that you either don't know at all, or have only very sketchy information on, is reckless and at best inconsiderate. They may think, "Hey, she's getting a potential new client, so I'm doing her a favour, what reason's she got to bitch about that?" Think again! There are many potential pitfalls and a good chance that the uninitiated (or not new, but sketchy) client will waste the lady's time as indicated on many threads dealing with etiquette. He will have more information on the lady than he should before even passing her screening requirements. That's just one way that this is simply bad practice and although it can work out, it can also be very risky.

Passing around such delicate, private information without consent is careless and unthinking. Would any client ever put up with that from a provider? The professional ladies guard our information with the utmost care and responsibility, only to insure that they themselves are safe, and then discard it when it is no longer needed.

• Like 5

Guest a**4*

I have never been asked and will never give out personal information any numbers I have is for me and nobody else the ones giving out a lady's number is disrespectful think with the head on your shoulders and not the head between your legs

I keep the time I spend with the few companions I see extremely discreet. The lovely ladies here value discretion thankfully, as I have provided a few of them with my very personal information, and I'm not sure how I would react if that information was shared without my knowledge or permission. Reciprocatory discretion is expected in my opinion. If someone asked me for any information outside of my cerb recommendations that would raise a very large red flag. Personally I would never hand over more information than I would put in a reco, so directing them there would be all I was willing to do. (for the few I have seen that I haven't written a reco yet, it's coming just want to find the right words)

• Like 2