How do you spend Christmas eve?

Do you go carolling

visiting friends and family

finish up your shopping

cozy up to a fire and just relax at home

go out to dinner

We have a family gathering. Eating, drinking and catching up:)

then everyone goes home and waits for Santa- yes I believe in Santa Claus:)

• Like 5

Great thread Cristy ;) I'm a big fan of family and friends food, drinks laughter and memories of the past seems to be the theme each year, Christmas is always an emotional time for me losing both parents just days before Christmas 30 yrs apart yes I still enjoy the season but when those 2 days arrive it always brings me back, cheers to everyone enjoy this time of year because you never know what tomorrow will bring.

Merry xmas

Rub

• Like 2

Pretty much the same as you Cristy....but also always attend Church for Evening Mass....it can be quite calming and gives one a chance to reflect upon the reason for the season.

• Like 1

Guest N***he**Ont**y

As we follow the European Tradition Christmas Eve is the main event. We gather at a very large home that my niece owns that is over a hundred years old in Copper Cliff Ontario where we have cocktails and then have a large Christmas Dinner usually of ham and turkey with Veggie Dishes and chestnut dressing etc. We are thirty now in number and it is hard to get together now except for occasions like this one. Dinner is finished with a course of Plum Pudding.. Some gift are exchanged with some family members who will be else where the next day. The rest of us will gather elsewhere for a large breakfast or brunch Christmas Morning and spend have half a day together. Breakfast is comprised of Crepes Finnish Coffee Bread(Poula) Finnish Joulla Coffee(Mocha Flavored) Baked eggs and bacon.

Christmas Eve for us us all about Family...we eat together... go to church together... it is all family. it is one of the best days of the year.

• Like 1

we spend it at home ... some egg nog, a roaring fire, maybe a wee dram of something stronger. Carols playing, sometimes we watch an old Christmas movie. Always a classic ... Alastair Sim as Scrooge, or It's a Wonderful Life.

Porthos

• Like 4

I usually have a Christmas Eve family gathering, but this year it a quiet year.

Most likely spending it alone, so I'll figure something out. Perhaps a movie or I'll go out for dinner, gonna play it by ear.

• Like 1

Traditionally, I spend Christmas Eve having a huge panic over all the things I should have done weeks ago and haven't :)

• Like 2

I usually see clients, do some last minute shopping and then go home and wrap Christmas presents and have a quiet evening. This year my family is not coming until Boxing Day so Christmas day will be a quiet one.

• Like 1

I don't get too Xmasy leading up to Christmas. Christmas day is all about family :)

But December 24th I reserve for my friends and more distant family than immediate. Every year I tour the community with my brother and we visit, and we laugh and we have a toddy or two or serveral and enjoy friendship and reminiscing. Love it. Sometimes too late at night but sometimes it is the only time you see some folks. We all have family....but.....What is life without friends ? They are included in my Christmas spirit.

Merry Xmas Peeps !!

• Like 1

For me its usually Christmas Day thats all about the family time :) But Christmas Eve is usually working for part of the day as I enjoy spending this special time with my amazing gentleman and co-workers and getting last minute things ready (shopping for late gifts, wrapping late gifts) Hee Hee

• Like 1