Favourite Christmas Song?

Guest S*rca****sid

I'm rather partial to this one...

Not because I'm religious, it brings back some memories of when I was a kid.

The Christmas Song (Chestnuts roasting by an open fire) ... esp. Nat King Cole's version.

Porthos

• Like 4

BeBe & CeCe Winans sing "The First Noel" on the TV special, "David Foster's Christmas Album" (NBC, December 10, 1993). (David Foster appears in this video at his piano.)

• Like 1

If you can sing Oh Holy Night i will I will consider a reduced donation. However you need to be very good !!

Love to all . Xo.

I guess that means if I sing.... my donation will go up. lol

Guest realnicehat

(Christmas) Baby Please Come Home

I'll let you pick the artist:

Honourable mention:

There are so many..some of my favorite singers for Christmas songs are the late great ones- Bing Crosby-no one can beat that voice for Christmas songs

Nat King Cole- amazing-a talent he passed on to his daughter Natalie.

Dean Martin-soothing

and of course anything by the late great Luther Vandross- a voice that is just breathtaking

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CsIPOzIfVQ

• Like 3

Guest P*rry

Little Drummer Boy is a favourite of mine. The song conjures up so many nice memories. Johnny Reid sings a nice version of it.

If you can sing Oh Holy Night i will I will consider a reduced donation. However you need to be very good !!

Love to all . Xo.

For you Katherine I shall sing "Ohhhhh Holy Nightie" I sing it very good cause I wrote it .....just now ;)

• Like 2

This one always makes me laugh...might have happened once or twice at my place.

Local boy Dave Gunning playing "Daddy's Beer":

For my Newfoundland friends: "Green Grow the Rushes, o" I love the version by the Irish Descendants on their Celtic Christmas album.

Also a Newfoundland favorite, I like "The Seven Joys of Mary", especially the version by Great Big Sea.

• Like 1

Mine would be Silent Night at Midnight Mass, all lights are out and everyone is holding a burning candle!, pretty special in that scenario.

• Like 1

Have yourself a merry little Christmas is my favorite. I like the original version sung by Judy Garland in "

", with slightly more somber lyrics (written during WWII) than the one sung later by almost everyone else. Rather than "Through the years we all will be together, if the fates allow. Hang a shining star upon the highest bough", it is "Someday soon we all will be together, if the fates allow. Until then we'll have to muddle through somehow".

Also agree with Cristy about Nat King Cole. His Christmas album is one of the best.

Polydeuces

• Like 2

I have two favourites. "The Little Drummer Boy" with Bing & Bowie and "So This is Christmas" by the late great John Lennon.

Both songs touch me in different ways. As a side note, I am not ashamed to admit that the majority of songs on my iPod are Christmas songs.

• Like 1

Oh Holy night - hands down each time. Until I hear it and sing it, Christmas just isn't Christmas.

I like Katherines quote - good idea:

Love to all . Xo.

Merry Christmas everyone! xoxo

• Like 1